10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I've noticed that too, First one for me was actually in that song I linked to Kag the punk one. First word was "Saramdul" I'm like I know that!

It's great, definitely the easiest and fastest way I've come across of learning another language, but less comprehensive I think than a book series would be because if you read the books you get cultural notes on usage and things like that so that's why I bought the book too and am watching TTMIK to help bridge the gaps Rosetta Stone can't cross but for learning the language in general I think it's the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Yea I've noticed that too, First one for me was actually in that song I linked to Kag the punk one. First word was "Saramdul" I'm like I know that!

It's great, definitely the easiest and fastest way I've come across of learning another language, but less comprehensive I think than a book series would be because if you read the books you get cultural notes on usage and things like that so that's why I bought the book too and am watching TTMIK to help bridge the gaps Rosetta Stone can't cross but for learning the language in general I think it's the best.
    I think the sites that have native Korean speakers on them that are willing to help people learning are probably the best bet for "cultural notes". Although, if you find a good subber for a variety show that might be good as well. I've noticed a lot of them will put a note if the person speaking is making a pun of some sort, or describe cultural references.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea a lot of that I get from variety shows too but the notes in books can be really long and in depth it's quite good.

There was a site I forgot now called pen something I'm sure mig knows it, he linked it to me originally. I signed up when I was learning Japanese but never got to the point where I could practice it on anyone. It's a site that connects people learning languages so there are lots of Korean and Japanese and all sorts of language learners on the site looking to speak to English speakers learning their language. It's quite good. Would need to be advanced enough to say some basic things before I try that again though

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed you went back to that avatar, I miss the happy ravi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm always here, in spirit

Just had a look at a few things and I think Talk To Me In Korean looks like it'd be really good. I'm more of learn by listening kind of person so anything that has really good audio is always a bonus for me. So TTMIK and Rosetta Stone might be the way to go. RS for the foundation and such with TTMIK to fill in any gaps?
    Yea that's the best way to go about it imo. TTMIK has something like 2000 free lessons with audio explanations of each it's pretty great, haven't gone through many yet just tried one but been watching their youtube videos and podcast type things they upload which also have explanations of certain phrases and explain how to say things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Just noticed you went back to that avatar, I miss the happy ravi!
    Are you saying he isn't happy in this avatar?! I love the "Whoa" face but it looked a little weird, LOL. oo-aa!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm more of learn by listening kind of person so anything that has really good audio is always a bonus for me.
    The variety shows can be good for it as well, if you find a group that you really want to follow. Obviously they speak much faster than you'd hear the speakers in Rosetta Stone talk, so it can help get used to it too. That might be better for later on though when working on fluency and pronunciation.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to Thai music I really only listen to the OST of he lakorn I watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear EXIDs Showtime is amazing and also linked here with subs! If you're a fan of EXID anyway. If you don't know what groups shows to watch I recommend an idol special of running man, any idol special with Minho is always good and he's been in it a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched running man yet, but Weekly Idol is always good and lots of groups seem to have had MTV Diary at one point or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Pretty nice I wish other Asian music was as readily available as Japanese and Korean (and to a lesser extent Chinese)
    Clearly you should just find Lakorn OSTs!

Like this one for Lovesick the Series! (season 1 anyways)

Or like this one song from Season 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesung <3

Also this happened, I guess he wanted to showcase his rapping after being the fiasco of the season

Not sure if "Gonzo" is Dok2 or someone else also calling themselves that. Seems kinda out there for Dok2 to produce a song for him, but hey, he got Don Mills to feature!
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-07-11 at 01:22 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Wooow, Vernon dropping down my Seventeen bias list faster than Sehun did after I heard his live "vocals".

10+ Year Old Account
    Vernon dropped down my none existent bias list when I saw his face in migs avatar.

I see Unif has Taeyeon as his avatar now, good choice!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would call Anakso the avatar creeper for how quickly he notices people's avatar changes, but then I am probably just as bad.

Should I even bother listening to that Vernon track? Not even gonna go watch anymore SMTM. Heard this week was humiliating anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a rather mediocre song, but better than his perfs on smtm And yup, both he and Andup were apparently shit. I was so hyped for that battle Can't wait for the subs though as I heard Black Nut is still being his awesome self.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, then...according to this quiz, I'm 19.
    http://www.koreaboo.com/spotlight/ca...aste-in-k-pop/

10+ Year Old Account
    I went into that quiz and saw the first options and thought...that's bullshit. It's obvious straight from the first question what groups = what age area since they included Fin.kl. It basically seems to say "when did you get into Kpop" rather than "what group do you like most" no one getting into Kpop in the last few years is going to connect with Fin.kl more than the other 3...but then it got my age right rofl. It guessed 24 which I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Riv, BapMokJas newest reaction was drinking again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwLYqxdCkw

So they are still doing drinking reactions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Heh, I've actually heard of this show. Supposedly it's quite good? The songs are not really my type though, I'm not a big fan of ballads
    Season 1 is very good... Season 2 is sometimes making me go "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY PRECIOUS PHUNNOH/OHMICK!!!!" Oh and Jeed... way to much Jeed. Also a huge dislike of Per now... Even if I still want PerWin...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm 33.. And that's after I chose Crayon Pop for everything. I guess Crayon Pop really does have more Ajusshi fans than teens.

Also if anyone remembers Yoo Jae Suk's Eyes Nose Lips, (Watch it with closed captions enabed), We have Bae Bae now.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    So D.Holics new song is finally on JPS and I went to download it, the album has versions of the song in Chinese and Japanese Most groups don't do both, think we mentioned that before that Suju is really the only group that seems to do both

Odd that such a small group is releasing songs in Chinese and Japanese, and more odd that they're all on the same single. Hope they do well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    33. Nice. My taste in music ages me. I blame my love of heartbreaking ballads. :I