10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should focus less on dramas and more on your current deadline x)
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Pistol. What is the saddest drama you've ever seen?
    Hard to say. Most dramas are fairly melodramatic, so they'll have their sob-inducing moment. For instance, even though Reply 1997 is a comedy, it'll have you bawling like a baby at certain moments. 'Mask' probably hit me the hardest. Your heart kinda breaks for all the main characters all throughout the show, so. Yea, 'Mask'.

Also, since no one else has linked it.

Jonghyun's new album seems pretty interesting in general. Most of the songs are based on stories told by the listeners during his radio show. This particular song, though, is written about his dog. Which is hilarious, cause it's super emotional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Maybe you should focus less on dramas and more on your current deadline x)
    Writing essays is so boring D:

I'll get it done I just won't sleep ;-;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Hard to say. Most dramas are fairly melodramatic, so they'll have their sob-inducing moment. For instance, even though Reply 1997 is a comedy, it'll have you bawling like a baby at certain moments. 'Mask' probably hit me the hardest. Your heart kinda breaks for all the main characters all throughout the show, so. Yea, 'Mask'.
    Really all of them

I've heard Eunji is a good actress too so might totally watch that but based on your description of the other one I'll like that more so guess I'll try that first.

What is mask about?

Deleted
    I've heard Eunji is a good actress too so might totally watch that but based on your description of the other one I'll like that more so guess I'll try that first.

What is mask about?
    Eunji is a really good actress. And she speaks in a busan dialect for the entire drama.

'Mask' is more of a dobbelgänger/evil chaebol type of ordeal. We have a wealthy family. Kinda psychotic chaebol is about to marry a politician's daughter for business reasons. Said daughter is having an affair with chaebol's brother in law. They are plotting against the rich family, intending to kill chaebol dude after marriage, so that the woman enherits all the chaebol's stuff. Woman accidentally gets killed. Brother in law spots main character, who is the woman's dobbelgänger. Forces her to take the womans spot, threatening to kill her if she doesn't. Main's father is heavily indebted to a loanshark, and her mother is sick, so she agrees, thinking she'll get money. Instant regret when she realizes the entire family is batshit insane, and everyone keeps threatening her. Nothing she can do. Life is struggle. Very sad struggle.

Cast includes one of Korea's best actresses, one of the hottest women in Korea (imho), GaIn's hot AF boyfriend and Hoya. Very enjoyable, 9/10 was about 2 episodes too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Gains Boyfriend?

Deleted
    Ju Ji-hoon. He was the guy in the 'Fxxk You' MV. Model/actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I see. Didn't even know she had a BF

- - - Updated - - -

400 words of bullshitting about agile methodologies so far ;-; only 1600 more to go!

Oh my god he did a follow up and these ones are even funnier xD

So weird. Zico gets banned for being homophobic, but other clips get banned for including references to homosexuality :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    So weird. Zico gets banned for being homophobic, but other clips get banned for including references to homosexuality :s
    The entire country is homophobic, you just can't be too public about it!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they just must ban anything that has anything to do with gay people, pro or otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Although Pistol is it true there are gay characters in some K-dramas? I heard that back when people were protesting over the first girl on girl kiss in a K-Drama and apparently no one cared about the guy relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found info on that MTV EMA nomination thing...
    If a group has won before, they can't be nominated again. EXO and Big Bang have both won it before, and it looks like girl groups just don't really get nominated that often.

I'd be thrilled if VIXX won, but if it's based on fan voting in any way, I'd fully expect BTS will probably win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    If a group has won before, they can't be nominated again. EXO and Big Bang have both won it before, and it looks like girl groups just don't really get nominated that often.

I'd be thrilled if VIXX won, but if it's based on fan voting in any way, I'd fully expect BTS will probably win.
    Pretty much my thoughts on that Riv. The Starlight in me wants VIXX to win, but the ARMY in me wants BTS to win. I expect BTS to win though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts on that Riv. The Starlight in me wants VIXX to win, but the ARMY in me wants BTS to win. I expect BTS to win though...
    There are just way more ARMY's lately. They had such a huge popularity explosion, and they have a really large young fanbase now.

Honestly though, I'm one of those people who really can't even call myself a member of the fandom unless I REALLY get into them and watch their shows and all that good stuff too, even if I love their music. I like BTS, I love 4minute and Big Bang, but I won't say I'm a member of any of the fandoms.

Strictly Starlight, Storia and Diamond? (would be helpful if I actually knew Seventeen's fandom name) for the time being, anyways.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if BTS didn't win. The winner of the Korea act moves onto the Asia act and has a shot at World act too, but I read that the Chinese are so crazy about their voting that it's usually a Chinese act that wins Asia.

10+ Year Old Account

Dang, I see. Thanks for looking it up!

Even if girl groups don't get nominated that often, you'd think 4minute's Crazy would be the kind of song that worked at EMA :c And yeah, I don't doubt BTS will win, but that's what I want anyway so it's all good ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, I'm one of those people who really can't even call myself a member of the fandom unless I REALLY get into them and watch their shows and all that good stuff too, even if I love their music.
    Listening to full albums is pretty much required too
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Although Pistol is it true there are gay characters in some K-dramas? I heard that back when people were protesting over the first girl on girl kiss in a K-Drama and apparently no one cared about the guy relationships.
    Yeah, there are the occational gay character in kdramas and movies. The thing that the public tends to get angry about and want to censor is when a gay relationship is shown as a positive and normal thing. In a drama like 'Life is Beautiful', the gay couple was originally supposed to be the main couple, with full on kissing scenes and stuff. Within the first couple of episodes, tho, people got hella angry because they were too happy. So, the entire relationship got watered down.

The most well-recieved gay character in a drama is probably Hoya's character in Reply 1997, and he's miserable from the start until, like, the last 2 minutes of the last episode. :P

I don't think there's ever been a legit guy/guy gay kiss in a drama yet, and that might be the reason why people haven't been up in arms as much as with the girl/girl kiss. Whenever two guys kiss (though let's be real, this is kdrama, so it's more of just a mouthtouch), it's either as gaybait or as a joke. Which is what homosexuality is often treated as in Korean media.

- - - Updated - - -

Diamond? (would be helpful if I actually knew Seventeen's fandom name)
    Last I heard, we were called "SM17E", pronounces as "smile". What that has to do with the diamond life, I have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Listening to full albums is pretty much required too
    Eh, I never used to do that either. Shockingly the three groups I stated I was a fandom member for are the ones I've done that for. :P
    Which reminds me I should probably go find the voting link for that VMA thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Last I heard, we were called "SM17E", pronounces as "smile". What that has to do with the diamond life, I have no idea.
    Yeah that was what I saw too when I looked but I've seen a few people refer to themselves as diamonds so I was a tad confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are just way more ARMY's lately. They had such a huge popularity explosion, and they have a really large young fanbase now.

Honestly though, I'm one of those people who really can't even call myself a member of the fandom unless I REALLY get into them and watch their shows and all that good stuff too, even if I love their music. I like BTS, I love 4minute and Big Bang, but I won't say I'm a member of any of the fandoms.

Strictly Starlight, Storia and Diamond? (would be helpful if I actually knew Seventeen's fandom name) for the time being, anyways.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if BTS didn't win. The winner of the Korea act moves onto the Asia act and has a shot at World act too, but I read that the Chinese are so crazy about their voting that it's usually a Chinese act that wins Asia.
    Well I only really call myself a Starlight, ARMY and a part time IGOT7 (part time because I do love them, am still trying to catch up on shows and what not, but main reason being I can not tell JB, Junior, Youngjae, and Yugyeom apart still, I can tell AmeriThaiKong apart at least...) And then when I get the chance to tell them apart/learn names UP10TION to that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I only really call myself a Starlight, ARMY and a part time IGOT7 (part time because I do love them, am still trying to catch up on shows and what not, but main reason being I can not tell JB, Junior, Youngjae, and Yugyeom apart still, I can tell AmeriThaiKong apart at least...) And then when I get the chance to tell them apart/learn names UP10TION to that list.
    Gotta get on that!! Heh.

I could face/name about 5 Seventeen members before this week, took the time to memorize them and now I can easily do all 13. Just gotta get all their voices sorted out so I can be like Pistol. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta get on that!! Heh.

I could face/name about 5 Seventeen members before this week, took the time to memorize them and now I can easily do all 13. Just gotta get all their voices sorted out so I can be like Pistol. :P
    I try! My memory is so horrible. I can remember a ton of useless information but never info I want/need... I can name 4 UP10TION members so far, but getting those to faces is going to take the longest for me. (names be easy, putting those to faces is hard.) Then for GOT7 I just have no idea why I can not tell Junior, JB, Youngjae, or Yugyeom apart yet.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it into perspective it took me like a week or so to learn VIXX names to faces. Maybe... 1-2 months after War of Hormone to do BTS and then AmeriThaiKong in GOT7 was probably the easiest cause you know... 3 people.

Deleted
    Yeaaaa buddy! Get on my level!

I can not tell Junior, JB, Youngjae, or Yugyeom apart yet.
    But they look nothing alike?