10+ Year Old Account
    Even though that doesn't really make much sense, I think that would indeed have happened. The english version of The Boys just sucks. I guess people think the korean version sucks too just because the english does. I kinda do, and then I give it a listen and it's good againa D: When I say I like every single SNSD song (Dancing Queen is growing on me) I don't include the english version of The Boys. It's not an SNSD song in my mind. ;_;

Speaking of The Boys album.. I had the brightest smile when I heard Lazy Girl for the first time and it was Jessica who sang first ^.^

I'm having a hard time with Suju & SHINee. Some of their songs are the best I've heard from kpop, but they both have lots of really below average songs. Now that I made each album a playlist and with them all in a folder, I rarely listen to them because of the other songs >_< My last.fm is really weird right now. SNSD on top with Block B second (dat blockbuster album <3) and Super Junior third, even though I like them more than Block B. Stupid albums having like 50% AMAZING songs and 50% "meh" songs. #4 on my last.fm is SNSD again because.. idk. o.o
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-17 at 11:18 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with SuJu and SHINee having a lot of sub-par songs :<
    That doesn't really happen with SNSD, could listen to almost all their songs endlessly, and some of their best songs are songs that were never released as singles

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    some of their best songs are songs that were never released as singles
    Or don't appear on any of their albums at all.

Didn't know The Boys was considered their worst single. I love everything about that song and the English version is the only one I can actually sing along without having to look up the lyrics, except for Diamond of course
    For me their worst song is Hoot. I really didn't like that song the first time I heard it. It's still pretty good, it's SNSD after all, but if I had to chose between Hoot and a random other song from them I'd take the random song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beep Beep is a great song !

The Boys received quite a lot of negative reactions, more so than any other SNSD song, or that is at least my experience. I think I agree with Hoot being the least good single (Completely forgot about Dancing Queen when I wrote this, that's the least good one imo). It's good, but not as good as the others. The Boys is somewhat close, though. But I do think they make better and better songs as time goes by. I still can't sing along to any SNSD song apart from random words here and there, and parts of choruses.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-17 at 12:42 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the boys too Asme, but yea negative reactions to it.
    Also I don't like the English version really at all, but I do think all three versions of the boys are 10x better than dancing queen. I forgot all about dancing queen lol. Big NOPE to that song! :<

Diamond was a great song! That's how SNSD should do English songs!

Beep Beep appears on a single though. I was talking about the HaHaHa song, Visual Dreams and 냉면 (*가운 니 *굴) (whatever the English name for that may be, Google Translate says Cold Noodles)
    Then you also have Chocolate Love, but I don't really like that song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yeah, those are great too. When you said "not on albums" Beep Beep was just the first one I thought of. I like Chocolate Love, but f(x)'s remake is better.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Visual Dreams being a CF, Naeng Myun (Which does mean cold noodles) Being originally for a variety show Jessica did and Hahaha I was never sure about, possible another CF but not sure. No idea what it would be advertising if so lol.

Chocolate love is another CF, but in both CL and VS you can easily see what they're advertising so I've no idea what Hahaha would be lol.

Okay looked it up, hahaha was for a samsung campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found the Shawol.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 09:24 PM ----------

But yea a lot of their newer songs are really good but then you look back at them and it's like...oh right, they started with songs like replay and Juliette.

But yea Super Juniors amount of sub par songs are far greater than SHINees, but so is the amount of songs super junior has lol, and Super Juniors first songs (imo) were really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay looked it up, hahaha was for a samsung campaign.
    lolwut. Either they failed at marketing or I'm just stupid, because I see no connection between Samsung and anything I've seen of HaHaHa. o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongin View Post
    Really? Lucifer, Sherlock and The SHINee World are full of awesome songs :|
    I don't know, I didn't find them that good. :/ Maybe they'll grow on me, like Dream Girl did.
    Found the Shawol.
    Mig for unofficial biggest boy band fan! (certainly not a bad thing)
    But yea a lot of their newer songs are really good but then you look back at them and it's like...oh right, they started with songs like replay and Juliette.

But yea Super Juniors amount of sub par songs are far greater than SHINees, but so is the amount of songs super junior has lol, and Super Juniors first songs (imo) were really bad.
    Mhm, wouldn't really be fair to compare Suju's and SHINee's amount of subpar songs when Suju has so many more songs in general ^^ But yeah, Suju's first album really isn't any good. The 2nd has some good songs, and the third is (imo) their best ever, followed by Mr Simple. Mr Simple has more good songs than Sorry Sorry, but Sorry Sorry has my 2 favorite songs, so it wins anyway! (including repackages here)
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    It was for a samsung promotional event so I think it would have been played at samsung event(s), and possibly they turned up to perform it at a samsung event because I've seen a video of them performing that somewhere, will try to find.

Where as VD and CL where just songs made to advertise it, not for a specific promotional event

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 09:47 PM ----------

Found it

They also sung it at a few concerts but this is the one I was talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I've seen that video before. But it was from a different uploader so it didn't have "samsung campaign CF 2" in the name. So if I understand it correctly, HaHaHa was only meant for promotional events and nothing more? So the lyrics aren't meant to have some kind of connection to Samsung apart from having a very cheerful tone? Must say I think that's a rather bad way of advertising, when I listen to Visual Dreams I think about Intel Core instantly. Oh well, it's not like I'm majoring in this stuff anyway!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I don't know, but it does have the Samsung logo in the topright for about half the video

I don't really think about Intel when I hear Visual Dreams though, same with Chocolate Love tbh.
    I got you babe, I call,
    I call it Chocolate Love
    When you watch the MV it is obvious. Maybe my Korean isn't good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of singing "heart" they sing "core" in Visual Dreams, which is enough to remind me of what company they're advertising ^^
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-17 at 04:16 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Never noticed that

And some music, too much talking isn't good.

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be a really amazing live performance of Star Star Star on youtube but it got taken down :<
    Been ages since I looked though so I'll look again.

Oh I found it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh, I saw a tiny clip of that one in a Yoona compilation, sweet!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Oh! performance right after that is also good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why have I never heard that Dal Shabet song? o.o
    what album is it on?

On the Supa Dupa Diva EP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 08:32 PM ----------

I see all these clips from Girl's Day with Please Don't Go, but I can't find it on the tracklist of the album. Did I miss something?