Deleted
    Woa, it's been a long time since I visited these forums..

The thing with Japanese music is that there are so many amazing songs that we've never heard and artists we don't know because Japan makes stuff mostly for Japan. Japanese 'pop' culture is actually very isolated, especially when compared to Kpop that is funded by the Korean government to be this global commercial success.
    Japanese companies tend not to upload videos on Youtube for example and they are crazy with their strict copyright laws. Kpop is easy to find, Jpop is not.
    The people who only know of AKB48 and Johnny groups and complain that Japanese music is too cutesy have really no idea what they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, am I the only one who's been obsessed with Seventeen lately? Watched their reality TV shows and everything.. Their latest single "Pretty U" sucks tbh but I don't even care, I just like seeing them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Anime OST would be the first Asian Music I heard, long before I got into Kpop or Jpop. My favorite one from back then is one I still listen to occasionally.

Try some anime OST from Jou Hisaishi
    There are so many great ost from anime series!

Deleted
    I knooww, it's so frustrating.. There are so many genres of music in Japan.. Idol music is just one genre

- - - Updated - - -

been listening alot to suiyōbi no campanella lately

I'm not sure but I think they are from Sapporo, they filmed this video in hokkaido anyway:

10+ Year Old Account
    That isolated aspect of Jpop is a large part of the reason I don't listen to much of it. If they want to keep it in Japan they can! I listen to a few Japanese artists like Namie Amruo but at least she does upload her music to youtube, usually but not always in full as well lately. Her latest one was unfortunately just a short version again. The thing about AKB48 and Johnny groups assuming that's Perfume and KPP etc? is that they don't seclude them selves so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myea, there might be some stellar Japanese acts out there but it's just not worth the effort of finding them, at least for me. Then ofc there's the very accessible variety side of kpop that makes you hooked even when they're not releasing music.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Sweet! They're my favourite Japanese band at the moment. In love with her voice, and the production is sick

As for Seventeen; Listo, Rivelle and Pistol all like them a lot!
    They're great Not only do I like the sound and her voice but the lyrics are really creative as well
    In this clip she's walking through the streets of Shibuya at night being ignored by the public lol

I really like members of Seventeen, Seungkwan is my bias Mansae is probably my favourite song

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    That isolated aspect of Jpop is a large part of the reason I don't listen to much of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    it's just not worth the effort of finding them, at least for me.
    I can definitely see that, sometimes you really have to go out of your way to find what you like.. Alot of what I listen to can't be found on youtube, dailymotion etc.. I usually look up the oricon chart to see if there's anything I like, I also follow some Japanese music blogs
    As for Perfume and KPP, I wouldn't really catagorize them as Japanese idols even if their songs can be really cutesy as well
    Last edited by mmoc4a0381f70e; 2016-05-28 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like the teaser pictures for Monster (they're having 2 title tracks this time it seems!) but the teaser video looks nice. You might be interested in this if you want more EXO: http://www.asianjunkie.com/2016/06/0...meback-leaked/

I like your sig, definitely one of the best shows currently airing!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    What show is it?
    Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Ah, cool. It's on my to watch list

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And I agree! Rem best girl.
    I'm actually pretty far ahead with the story now. Been reading the LNs and WNs. So much "good" stuff to come in the next arc.
    Nice! I love that this is a show where I just can't tell what's going to happen next, very few of those around lately. I don't read LNs and such (only read F/SN, but I do read some manga) so I have no idea what's in store.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    I just woke up and found out that 4minute has disbanded after 7 years.. That's sad. :/
    I really thought they would last longer.. They weren't my favourite group but I liked them..
    What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved their earlier stuff, but I'm not surprised at all. They pretty much said they'd disband if their latest comeback flopped and it did. Still sad news though :/

Hyuna is still with the label, so there's that.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Days shy of 7 years with their official Debut being the 15th of June

But yea as much as I loved both Hate and Crazy and both albums, they didn't do very well so it's not surprising.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2016-06-13 at 02:39 PM.

Mint from Tiny-G, her debut

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it was a good song! She's going to be in some new drama thing based on idols along with a lot of other nugu idols too. Will be interesting and could do her and the others a lot of good if it does well. Not 100% on the details, BHD knows more it's based on some anime.

Deleted
    Pretty nice comeback from SISTAR, nice to see that the concept is slightly different from their earlier summer/party comebacks:

Line distribution could be a bit better though, I especially feel bad for Bo-ra in this one. (She looks amazing with that hairstyle though)
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2016-06-21 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if it's gonna be an adaption of the anime or if they base it on that premise and go their own way. But anyway, the anime follows a group of upcoming idols in most aspects of idol life. Group stages, individual activities, some members being more popular than others etc.

So basically, it's a show about idols and all the actresses they got for the show are actual idols, although most are very unknown.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it even if I don't really grasp what it's going to be like from the description tbh. Like I still don't know for sure if they're acting or if it's more documentary esque or what. Or if it will have actual story lines etc. Comedy, drama idk. Will watch regardless though for the nugus.

As for Sistar, think Bora pretty much always just gets a few seconds. She was in a sub group with Hyorin even that was like 95% Hyorin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they're making a real group out of it, it's gonna have storylines. I guess they can still choose to film it like it's a documentary though.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt