15+ Year Old Account

Elvui Vehicle Bar Question

I've read no less than 27 pages of FAQs and forum posts, so I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere, but it's buried so deep I can't find it.

I installed Elvui tonight and I'm loving it, but I have a problem that's going to be a deal breaker and I thought (hope!) someone here might have a quick response.

When I enter a vehicle all of my action bars go away except for Bar 1. Bar 1 shows the vehicle functions. This works exactly as I want it to. In Farmer Fung's daily quest where you have to fly around the heartland and throw water buckets on the dust circles, for example, on button 1 of bar 1 I get the water bucket (button 2 is Return to Halfhill). I used to fly around mashing "1" on my keyboard and moving the camera and targeting the circles with my mouse. With the angry asparagus on the farm, I'd mash the "1" on my keyboard and the "2" to bite when I saw the cast bar going off. In Elvui the "1" and "2" on my keyboard don't work and I have to revert to being a button clicker. This maybe isn't SO bad on the asparagus on it sucks mightily on the dust circles.

Can these buttons be bound somehow to "1" and "2"? Or is there some other alternative? I can't believe with as many people that use this addon that everyone is button clicking. If you have to target too your mouse is all over the place.

First off I'm going to ask what version of ElvUI are you using?

Make sure if you had other actionbar addons prior to using ElvUI to disable them. Also try with ALL addons except ElvUI disabled. You either have something conflicting with it or you changed something somewhere.

I've never had this issue with my ElvUI actionbars. If disabling everything but Elv doesn't work then you may need to reinstall. You can do this by /ec and selecting install at the top to redo the install settings.

Have you changed bindings in bar1?

Hate to necro, but this the EXACT problem I'm having.

All bars except bar 1 disappear but it shows the actions for the vehicle. However, only the dismount (=) hotkey works and everything has to be clicked. This USED to work but for some reason doesn't now. I have updated my addons and checked the twice over but cannot find why this isn't working.

Was a solution ever found to OP's issue?

Deleted
    same here.

It uses your keybinds from the main action bar so whatever those are is what you need to hit.

I am having the same problem it just keeps saying cant do that right now when I press the key I have bound to 1 it only works if I click it I have tried to use bartender bar instead and it does not change the issue any ideas would help

Quote Originally Posted by iconbill View Post
    I am having the same problem it just keeps saying cant do that right now when I press the key I have bound to 1 it only works if I click it I have tried to use bartender bar instead and it does not change the issue any ideas would help
    You have the same issue with Bartender?

I would suggest trying with ONLY ElvUI enabled to test if you get the issue with just ElvUI. To quickly disable all other addons, type in chat in game
    /luaerror on

Now test - do you have the issue? If so, disable ElvUI and test with no addons, just the Blizzard UI. Do you have the issue with just the Blizzard UI?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    elvui has been buggy since the release in 2007, i dont know why people use any alteration to the basic UI, like me. being a 11/11m player and on top of my class
    People like different things. It is good that you enjoy playing with the Blizzard UI. Other people prefer other UI's.

I disabled bartender and it works fine so that is the issue kind of a pain to have to do that every time but its not something you have to do all the time so not all that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by iconbill View Post
    I disabled bartender and it works fine so that is the issue kind of a pain to have to do that every time but its not something you have to do all the time so not all that big of a deal
    If you want bartender enabled, just disable the ElvUI action bars. When you have two addons trying to control the same element, you do get issues like this.

You need to choose which action bar addon you would like to use.

IF you want bartenders action bars, disable the ElvUI action bar module.

If you want ElvUI's action bars, disable Bartender.