Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Selestarius View Post
    Overall though your just a spoilt little rich kid with ridiculous problems -- don't come to these forums expecting sympathy, a lot of us have to work for everything we have and are not at all inclined to be sympathetic to those who have had so much given to them.
    Your post is the bile of a bitter person. You also have no right to speak on behalf of others in worse situations in the manner you've chosen. Instead of offering advice you just throw insults at him.

    Don't think that because people have worse problems that you aren't at least entitled to ask for advice for your own, OP. Sometimes peoples problems are caused by their own attitudes towards others, but they will never see it.

    Your best bet is to try and get your parents to see your brother as a problem, and put the pressure on him to try and sort himself out. You could do this by turning on some power-devouring equipment during the night so the powerbill skyrockets, then mention that it is probably due to your brother using power during the night. You could also get rid of some food in the middle of the night and your parents might assume your brother or his GF ate it, and that's another expense. Play dirty! and remember that money is the deciding factor in just about everything that involves it in some way.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-02-03 at 06:08 PM.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Your post is the bile of a bitter person. You also have no right to speak on behalf of others in worse situations in the manner you've chosen. Instead of offering advice you just throw insults at him.

    Don't think that because people have worse problems that you aren't at least entitled to ask for advice for your own, OP. Sometimes peoples problems are caused by their own attitudes towards others, but they will never see it.

    Your best bet is to try and get your parents to see your brother as a problem, and put the pressure on him to try and sort himself out. You could do this by turning on some power-devouring equipment during the night so the powerbill skyrockets, then mention that it is probably due to your brother using power during the night. You could also get rid of some food in the middle of the night and your parents might assume your brother or his GF ate it, and that's another expense. Play dirty!
    Thanks. In hindsight, I should have just kept the information at minimum or asked advice somewhere else.

    It's about a loud, obnoxious person keeping me up at night and me seeking advice what to do about it. I guess I just have to play dirty. The problem isn't going away on it's own. It's been like it for at least 8-10 years now and I often had problems in high school because I slept in all the time.. I just don't want the same thing happening in college as well.

  3. #223
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Thanks. In hindsight, I should have just kept the information at minimum or asked advice somewhere else.

    It's about a loud, obnoxious person keeping me up at night and me seeking advice what to do about it. I guess I just have to play dirty. The problem isn't going away on it's own. It's been like it for at least 8-10 years now and I often had problems in high school because I slept in all the time.. I just don't want the same thing happening in college as well.
    I don't understand... your parents must be really awful for letting him do those things (if you are not exaggerating). Get in a fight with them... verbally of course... and make your point clear. Tell them you are not going to pay your share of the rent if they don't make your useless brother stop.

    That's what I'd do if I couldn't beat him up.

  4. #224
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't understand... your parents must be really awful for letting him do those things (if you are not exaggerating). Get in a fight with them... verbally of course... and make your point clear. Tell them you are not going to pay your share of the rent if they don't make your useless brother stop.

    That's what I'd do if I couldn't beat him up.
    Then they would probably just throw her out if turns out her parents are as bad as I think.

  5. #225
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Then they would probably just throw her out if turns out her parents are as bad as I think.
    Still better than living at home if the situation is as severe as she describes.

    And if they throw her out because of this they are extremely shitty parents anyway. Not her loss.

  6. #226
    Dreadlord The Casualty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    858
    Sounds like you want to control the house or have things your way. Sure, you have voiced your opinion, nothing has changed. That is well within your parent's right as the owners of the home to make that call. They could give your brother 3/4 of the house and give you 1 room and that is still their choice.

    I have gone over the responses and unless I'm lost I can't see a compelling reason why you can't move out.
    A. You can visit your parents and help out without living there.
    B. People have moved out, got a full time job, paid their bills and attended college before. It is possible. I had to get several roommates, but I did it even without financial aid.
    C. You want to live by your own rules in your parent's house. That is the signal that you need to leave the nest and strike out on your own.
    D. The inheritance is not yours. If your parent's choose to give you anything, consider it a gift, not a check waiting to be signed. If your parents could be so easily swayed to cut you out the minute you leave, it is only going to be an inevitability assuming you get on with your life (because by the sound of it, he's not going anywhere). The saddest thing ever would be if you and your brother just stayed around until they checked out. The hope should be that your are successful enough that you don't need the money.

  7. #227
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    My story has never changed and is only choppy because I'm stupid enough to fall for trolling attempts and replying to off topic things all the time. And like I said earlier, yes I have.. dropped out on purpose.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 09:19 AM ----------



    No, it's personal and unrelated. I'm only saying that the opportunity won't repeat itself.
    It's personal and unrelated because you're lying.

  8. #228
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Deal with it. Surely more to the story than you say, even as is it really is nothing horrible. I was expecting something worthwhile.

    Get a white noise machine or some ear plugs and live your life.

    Evil is also hardly the word here. Perhaps you meant to say inconsiderate? Huge difference.

    Advice: adapt or move.

  9. #229
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It's personal and unrelated because you're lying.
    Yes, because you have all the facts. /sarcasm

    Please stop being paranoid.

  10. #230
    My cuisine had a similar problem once. But that was at work. Gave he's co-worker a meal, with something in it and later he fell asleep and...... well.
    Long story short, the little nap he took made the boss furious and fired him on the spot.

    "Accidentally" drop some sleeping pills in he's meal from time to time. Not to make him sleep but make him drowsy.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Thanks. In hindsight, I should have just kept the information at minimum or asked advice somewhere else.

    It's about a loud, obnoxious person keeping me up at night and me seeking advice what to do about it. I guess I just have to play dirty. The problem isn't going away on it's own. It's been like it for at least 8-10 years now and I often had problems in high school because I slept in all the time.. I just don't want the same thing happening in college as well.
    The problem really would go away on it's own if you'd just move out but as you said you "didn't really like it". Maybe your brother feels the same way. Sounds like you have a big house with some really troublesome first world issues, can't imagine how hard life must be if your biggest problem is loud music at night.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Why should I? Yes, I guess I could drop my plans for going to college and get a job and move out instead but it's doing him a favor, he'll get my room then too. Not only that but I'm not really the "turn the other cheek" kinda girl.. it just feels wrong being punished and rewarding him for something that's entirely he's fault.
    Just turn the other cheek and leave the loser still living with your Mom. he doesn't pay bills so your mom will tell him to get out
    He's 28 and should of got the hint a long time ago

  13. #233
    Pandaren Monk Mechazod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dimension 324325
    Posts
    1,776
    He was there first.

  14. #234
    Stood in the Fire raechuul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    469
    Honestly? Have a chat with your parents. I know you said they won't care, but you also said it would be MORE expensive for them if you moved out. Give them an option. "Mom, dad, I'm moving out because (insert brother's name here) parties all the time and it affects my schoolwork, and it's not very fair that he gets to slack off and pay next to nothing when I pay my full share of the rent." Be serious. See what they say.

    Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

  15. #235
    High Overlord Anotherhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177
    His. It started to get annoying after the 10th time
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.

  16. #236
    Pandaren Monk Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,964
    Walking away from a problem like this IS how adults handle issues.

    You mention what would we do if a neighbor moved in and did that? They would be reported, and if it happened enough times, they would be evicted. That's only if it's an apartment complex. If it's a residential area, I would just call the cops. This obviously isn't something that you can compare, since your parents would never kick him out.

    That leaves you with two options:

    (1) Put up with it until you're done with school
    (2) Move out

    You're only going to make things worse for yourself if you go down to his level. Be the bigger person and move out if you can't stand him anymore.

    I think that's why people are calling you entitled or spoiled, you refuse an option that doesn't end with you getting your way. Welcome to being an adult, you don't always get what you want.

  17. #237
    I don't get where this "evil" part came in. Did he torture small animals as a child?

  18. #238
    record the sound. let your mother hear it. tell her that you can't sleep through that noise. if she asks where that's from, tell her it's her baby boy.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  19. #239
    Trying to help home's bills okay but you sound like it's an obligation. It's pretty weird.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Trying to help home's bills okay but you sound like it's an obligation. It's pretty weird.
    Paying your way in life is an obligation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •