Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I've never used that term. Look, it's pretty simple: Among other things, you've got fire and fel fire, there is no such thing as warlock fire. You just like to refer to fel fire as warlock fire, which is fine, but incorrectly suggests that fel fire is only usable by warlocks.

A friendly tip: read the lore, it's actually pretty kewl up to the burning crusade. I'd skip all the panda lameness.
    Nope. Fel-fire is green. Not warlock fire in general.
    -_-

also: I'm a pre and post cata loremaster who reads all the quest text. I also read the med'an comics and I'll read the books as soon as I get to buy them (not being american sucks). I did read what WoWpedia tells about them though. I also did read the RPG books, but they are no longer considered canon. so yeah, I've read plenty of lore, no need to ask me to do it again.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    -_-

also: I'm a pre and post cata loremaster who reads all the quest text. I also read the med'an comics and I'll read the books as soon as I get to buy them (not being american sucks). I did read what WoWpedia tells about them though. I also did read the RPG books, but they are no longer considered canon. so yeah, I've read plenty of lore, no need to ask me to do it again.
    It was in response to another poster, but if you want to be anal, yeah, I should've said: "not fire used by warlocks in general". But you understood I wasn't referring to it as a noun - because as I said, it doesn't exist.

Great! If you have done so, you know not all fire used by warlocks or corrupted shaman is fel-fire. You also know you can't refer to fel-fire as warlock fire because it's also used by other entities. Well, whaddya know, we agree!

If lore supported that warlocks ONLY used fel fire (not warlock fire) blizzard would've simply adjusted the colour. Since it doesn't, they have to adjust the lore to support it.(create a reason that some warlocks have green fire and others don't).
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-02-03 at 11:29 PM.

Well, I'll put it simply. Even if they give us green fire, but give Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic, then I am through with my Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Well, I'll put it simply. Even if they give us green fire, but give Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic, then I am through with my Warlock.
    no need to be through with him. we have tentacle sets (2 of them, as of 5.2), we have a sha set, we have void stuff, demon stuff, we have exclusive mounts, and the shivarra has nice... armpits. no matter what they give to the other 2 clothies, we will always be the kings of terror. all our armor is scary, anyway
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Mechagnome
    I'll do questline but the combo of me mainly playing affliction and thinking the green looks just plain stupid will keep me traditional

I prefer the default fire. I just wish the burning embers over my head were red instead of green.

I think i will (For a while) but in the end i will go with green fire (most likely, but well it can change with time :P)

Nope not getting it. I love destruction and red is my color.

Green fire or gtfo!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no need to be through with him. we have tentacle sets (2 of them, as of 5.2), we have a sha set, we have void stuff, demon stuff, we have exclusive mounts, and the shivarra has nice... armpits. no matter what they give to the other 2 clothies, we will always be the kings of terror. all our armor is scary, anyway
    With the Warlock revamp, they tried to solidify the class identity. By giving those features to the other classes they completely ruin that effort.

Sickly green or hellish orange. Such a hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    I would honestly rather have shadow destruction back, not a fan of fire in general.
    I yearn for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Really? A discussion if the color red or green is better? I prefer blue...

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 01:06 PM ----------

You are so mean to copper sulfate fire:

Fire color depends on what you burn.

dark red = lithium chloride
    yellowish green = borax
    green = copper sulfate
    blue = copper chloride
    violet = 3 parts potassium sulfate, 1 part potassium nitrate (saltpeter)
    purple = potassium chloride
    white = magnesium sulfate

So no, fire should not always be red.

Speaking even more technically the color of fire is dependent on the original distance (from the nucleus) the electrons were before they were given an energy boost, and then their final "resting" distance (from the nucleus) after they expel the energy. If you put enough effort into it you can theoretically recreate any color with the same material, there's just more physics and prep-work involved, compared to just a simple spark or introduction of fire.
    Green has a shorter wavelength than red, so technically warlocks with green fire should get a dps boost (cuz their magical fire is hotter)...and also burn (lulz pun) through their mana quicker...

Destro-spec warlock without green flames?

Dude, if you wanted to play a fire mage so bad, why not just make one?
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Destro-spec warlock without green flames?

Dude, if you wanted to play a fire mage so bad, why not just make one?
    A class is not defined by the colour of its missiles. Sorry. We had no Green Fire in Vanilla or TBC and people fucking loved Incinerate when it came out, in spite of it looking like fire, rather than gas.

It's kinda sad that this is their selling point for Destro next patch.

Oh well, at least my Demo warlock could see some green fire with hellfire and soul fire (if they are included).

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Green has a shorter wavelength than red, so technically warlocks with green fire should get a dps boost (cuz their magical fire is hotter)...and also burn (lulz pun) through their mana quicker...
    Also lore-wise when warlocks opted for green fire they did it because it was more powerful, so we should demand buff to our fire spells when those become green! On the other hand, Blizzard could say something like our fire was always green, but we magically concealed it to look like ordinary fire, in order to not freak out our comrades.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Fel its a resource, like Arcane energy. We use Fel energy to summon(create?) our Fire throught that resources, and Fel Fire is either the usual Fire empowered by Fel, or another fire that we summon from the nether(probably the first option, since the second one is much like Hiei from YuYu Hakusho summoning the black flames, lol!).
    From my understanding of Warcraft Lore, there's no such thing as a "Mana" we draw power from directly resources to create stuff(Mostly are Arcane, because its not addictive as Fel)
    Usually, things empowered by Fel turns into Green stuff(i would say Always, but i'm not 100% hundred sure that there isn't some Fel stuff that isn't greenish) and thats why we always wanted green fire.
    Also, Fel is much more powerful than arcane, but much more dangerous. That's why its used to empower stuff, something created by Fel itself would probably be much of a risk, i think the only spell in the game that do use Fel energy into its pure form, its the Chaos Bolt, that would explain why it does so much damage, and needs that much preparation time, and why it is green.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it works.

Also, i wish they had come with some Fel Energy Talent, where all our spells were boosted with fel energy(Since our Demons are a resource of Fel energy, i must say that GoSaC sounds perfect for it). Would make much more sense than just changin colours without changing the destructive power of our spells.

I didn't know your warlock was a chemist. Mine just summons fire from the pits of hell, which has a shortage of geeks that enjoy burning stuff for curious chemical reactions.
    I think the pits of hell are full with geeky pyromaniacs trying to burn the world down as colorful as possible. Its not about the color, it's about sending a message

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Wait, they implemented green fire, and it is aquired through a quest line?

I remember making that suggestion on the WoW official forums 2 years ago. Wow.
    You and a million others since the release of WoW pretty much.