Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm yet to see sha reject a warlock. the supposed sha part of the warlock questline was scrapped and it's as much lore as deathwing smoking a hooka on the scrapped "warcraft adventures: lord of the clans".
    I won't disagree. However, the flavour of the class according to the recent quest appears to be degrading. The Sha appears to be a more spiritual approach of Darkness while Warlocks are depicted more like scoundrel mages instead of DARK mages. It could be just me, but I am disappointed.

By the way, the quest may have indeed been rejected because of laziness on their part similar to how only 20% or less of the questline remained. I was looking forward to see new Warlock lore but instead got a tiny scenario focusing on stopping a cliche boss and stealing valuables from a temple...for financial profit. Only to get green fire by juicing a small portion of another's power.

What I am trying to imply is that the questline may have been crippled and scrapped, but the general lore direction remains the same which is that not only Warlocks don't get Sha, they get a unique taste of rejection too.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2013-02-07 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I won't disagree. However, the flavour of the class according to the recent quest appears to be degrading. The Sha appears to be a more spiritual approach of Darkness while Warlocks are depicted more like scoundrel mages instead of DARK mages. It could be just me, but I am disappointed.
    So you're upset that Warlocks, who have commonly been depicted in lore as power-hungry and underhanded and seeking power at any cost... are being shown in new lore as being power-hungry and underhanded and getting power at someone else's expense?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    So you're upset that Warlocks, who have commonly been depicted in lore as power-hungry and underhanded and seeking power at any cost... are being shown in new lore as being power-hungry and underhanded and getting power at someone else's expense?
    The initial idea was to have a N'aaru acknowledge and respect you and therefore through a N'aaru artifact be able to manipulate fel fire. Now it seems that a greedy Warlock gets banish for countless other lesser greedy ones to leech on him for power. I find that story theme weak and Warlocks are getting a more corrupt rather than dark direction.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The initial idea was to have a N'aaru acknowledge and respect you and therefore through a N'aaru artifact be able to manipulate fel fire. Now it seems that a greedy Warlock gets banish for countless other lesser greedy ones to leech on him for power. I find that story theme weak and Warlocks are getting a more corrupt rather than dark direction.
    I don't mind being corrupt, but here's what saddens me:

hero warlocks don't have a role model. all lore warlocks are either insane villains or poor bastards who get killed or have their lives impaired somehow else by their own powers and the path they chose. we, the players, have no one to look up to, except for the guys we killed ourselves.

with the black harvest, I was hoping to have a group of 6 warlock heroes. power hungry, but not insane or villainous, nor poor bastards.

kanrethad became an insane villain. jubeka is now a poor bastard who'll have to babysit kanrethad forever. the other 4 are MIA.

warlocks are still lacking a role model
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'm not sure I will. I usually just play Affliction do it does nothing for me. If they added Warlock island in then I'd be all over it however.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't mind being corrupt, but here's what saddens me:

hero warlocks don't have a role model. all lore warlocks are either insane villains or poor bastards who get killed or have their lives impaired somehow else by their own powers and the path they chose. we, the players, have no one to look up to, except for the guys we killed ourselves.

with the black harvest, I was hoping to have a group of 6 warlock heroes. power hungry, but not insane or villainous, nor poor bastards.

kanrethad became an insane villain. jubeka is now a poor bastard who'll have to babysit kanrethad forever. the other 4 are MIA.

warlocks are still lacking a role model
    Its a matter of preference but the lack of a role model is an objective issue. They were going to develop the Black Harvest but they dumped it down to temporary NPCs for a questline. Sad case indeed.

It sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass, destro and demonology will use it.
    http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/07/...-in-patch-5-2/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I have two specs, and neither of them are Destruction. I'm not going to be in any hurry to get the green fire. It's not necessary, and I never understood how fervently the Warlock community pushed for this.
    My thoughts exactly. If I wanted to play an 'evil' fire mage, I'd play a fire mage.

Thought they'd make it an on/off button, so I could still keep my usual fire in case I wanted it... disappointed I must say... I wanna do the quests, but not sure I want the green fire as a permanent change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcontes View Post
    Thought they'd make it an on/off button, so I could still keep my usual fire in case I wanted it... disappointed I must say... I wanna do the quests, but not sure I want the green fire as a permanent change.
    you can talk to jubeka in shadowmoon valley and ask her to cleanse you from the fel power. that will revert the green fire effect.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll be getting it just for kicks thinking it might be kool as a demo warlock