Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will for sure get green fire, it has always been one of my top wishes for my warlock.
    Now if only it also did chaos dmg ^_^

I'd really like to know how pissed Blizzard would get if they were to read this post (which they will probably do). I would've personally expected the warlock community to praise me for such a cosmetic bonus, not demand for MOAR effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I'd really like to know how pissed Blizzard would get if they were to read this post (which they will probably do). I would've personally expected the warlock community to praise me for such a cosmetic bonus, not demand for MOAR effects.
    Well forum posters are a small minority of course. Most people are simply playing the game without comment. I think those same people are also less acutely following any news about this green fire thing and are perfectly happy to accept it when it is introduced.

Thing is though, IF you are going to introduce something new people will ALWAYS see that as an opportunity to ask for similar, but different things, or slight adjustments. I think it's the mindset that as long as Blizz is changing things anyway. So I don't doubt Blizz is prepared to get more demands about the fire thing.

On the thread topic itsself: I like getting green fire, but I would have been perfectly happy keeping the orange fire as well. I'm more interested in the questing we need to do and such then I am about the fire change. Might change when I see it in action though. Maybe it will look completely awesome and I'll never want to go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Should be titled "Is anyone else a WoW hipster like me"

just saying.
    I probably won't be getting green fire unless I get bored and the questline is short. Because it doesn't matter, really, not nearly as much as some of these people on the forum think it does. Some of us don't think the world will end if our fire is a different color than what we'd like.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    it's their fault for saying we'd get green fire so long ago (I think it was on WotLK). they've been kicking it around since than. many years after that and what did they give us? fel flame lul

I love blizz, but this one was their own fault. I propose asking for red shadow (like the elder voidwalkers in WC3) just as soon as green fire makes it to live, as a joke
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Exactly. That is why the item that turns your fire spells green says "Infuses your fire spells with fel-energy". Our once normal fire is corrupted by fel energy, making it look green now. It is as simple as that.
    And that's EXACTLY why there's a quest-line for green fire. Warlock fire is meant to be red, that's why they need to validate the change of colour by altering the lore via means of a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    And that's EXACTLY why there's a quest-line for green fire. Warlock fire is meant to be red, that's why they need to validate the change of colour by altering the lore via means of a quest.
    no, warlock fire is meant to be green, but that must be earned by graduating from your mage side and putting some fel in your fire.

just look around: all MoP warlock NPCs use green fire now. from the horde warlocks in jade forest to the alliance warlocks in the horde-only domination point scenario, they all use fel fire. we players are just late to the party

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, warlock fire is meant to be green, but that must be earned by graduating from your mage side and putting some fel in your fire.

just look around: all MoP warlock NPCs use green fire now. from the horde warlocks in jade forest to the alliance warlocks in the horde-only domination point scenario, they all use fel fire. we players are just late to the party
    I get it's a joke and all, but to avoid misunderstandings: No, lore-wise warlock fire is red. Period.

I get it's a joke and all, but to avoid misunderstandings: No, lore-wise warlock fire is red. Period.
    Could you please give a citation of this?

Could you please give a citation of this?
    The colour green, is directly linked to the fel- aspect of a fire spell. In conformity with the warlock description, these corrupted shaman use fel shadow and fire (note: not fel-fire persé) to wreak havoc.

Blizzard needs to introduce a whole quest-line to justify a simple recolour. I think that's a pretty obvious suggestion, isn't it?

The colour green, is directly linked to the fel- aspect of a fire spell. In conformity with the warlock description, these corrupted shaman use fel shadow and fire (note: not fel-fire persé) to wreak havoc.

Blizzard needs to introduce a whole quest-line to justify a simple recolour. I think that's a pretty obvious suggestion, isn't it?
    What are you talking about? There is a quest for this. Involves going to black temple, helping akama with some stuff and some other things.

warlock-only fire is green. common fire that can be used by mages, warlocks and shamans is red.

What are you talking about? There is a quest for this. Involves going to black temple, helping akama with some stuff and some other things.
    Yes... Isn't that exactly what I said? ^^ (They're adding a quest simply because it's the only way to validate/justify a recolour, etc...)

warlock-only fire is green. common fire that can be used by mages, warlocks and shamans is red.
    Nope. Fel-fire is green. Not warlock fire in general.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-02-03 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im affliction but once i do this quest line i shall never turn off burning rush HEALERS BE DAMNED!
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

fel fire = warlock fire. the one you are refering to is called "common fire".

fel fire = warlock fire. the one you are refering to is called "common fire".
    Ehm, no. There is no such thing as "warlock fire". Read lore then come back.

Ehm, no. There is no such thing as "warlock fire". Read lore then come back.
    we've been talking about warlock fire for a long time (you included) and now you are telling me it doesn't exist? let me define it for you: warlock fire is fire that warlocks create and other classes don't.

we've been talking about warlock fire for a long time (you included) and now you are telling me it doesn't exist? let me define it for you: warlock fire is fire that warlocks create and other classes don't.
    I've never used that term. Look, it's pretty simple: Among other things, you've got fire and fel fire, there is no such thing as warlock fire. You just like to refer to fel fire as warlock fire, which is fine, but incorrectly suggests that fel fire is only usable by warlocks.

A friendly tip: read the lore, it's actually pretty kewl up to the burning crusade. I'd skip all the panda lameness.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-02-03 at 10:25 PM.

I've never used that term. Look, it's pretty simple: Among other things, you've got fire and fel fire, there is no such thing as warlock fire. You just like to refer to fel fire as warlock fire, which is fine, but incorrectly suggests that fel fire is only usable by warlocks.

A friendly tip: read the lore, it's actually pretty kewl up to the burning crusade. I'd skip all the panda lameness.
    -_-

also: I'm a pre and post cata loremaster who reads all the quest text. I also read the med'an comics and I'll read the books as soon as I get to buy them (not being american sucks). I did read what WoWpedia tells about them though. I also did read the RPG books, but they are no longer considered canon. so yeah, I've read plenty of lore, no need to ask me to do it again.

-_-

also: I'm a pre and post cata loremaster who reads all the quest text. I also read the med'an comics and I'll read the books as soon as I get to buy them (not being american sucks). I did read what WoWpedia tells about them though. I also did read the RPG books, but they are no longer considered canon. so yeah, I've read plenty of lore, no need to ask me to do it again.
    It was in response to another poster, but if you want to be anal, yeah, I should've said: "not fire used by warlocks in general". But you understood I wasn't referring to it as a noun - because as I said, it doesn't exist.

Great! If you have done so, you know not all fire used by warlocks or corrupted shaman is fel-fire. You also know you can't refer to fel-fire as warlock fire because it's also used by other entities. Well, whaddya know, we agree!

If lore supported that warlocks ONLY used fel fire (not warlock fire) blizzard would've simply adjusted the colour. Since it doesn't, they have to adjust the lore to support it.(create a reason that some warlocks have green fire and others don't).
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-02-03 at 11:29 PM.