Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I just don't see red lightning and sha as being anything to do with warlocks. It's dark, sure - but so is everything a Deathknight does, didn't take anything away from warlocks. Warlocks aren't just a collage of everything dark and edgy in warcraft.

Warlocks to me are the existing 8 years of demon summoning, fire and shadow magic, not sha which have popped up in the last month - I don't see how giving new elements to other classes removes any of the flavor of a class that has existed for 8 years without them.

Sha I don't think anyone should be "getting", they're portrayed as uncontrollable, leave them as that. Spriests can get their fun cosmetic item this tier, but I doubt it will last longer than that, just like the Firelands flame staff wasn't some move to give druids fire magic. But, if sha did go to anyone - I'd consider it more sensible to be priests than warlocks.

Blood Magic I can kinda understand - we've had a fair few blood themed spells and a blood themed tier, but we're also not blood mages (who seem like the halfway step on the blood elves fall into using fel magic). I would be disappointed if mages ended up getting any blood magic - since I agree that's stepping too close into warlock territory, but I don't really see that happening either.

In short, I'm completely fine with other classes using dark-ish schools of magic, provided they don't step into the warlocks domain. We don't have a monopoly on dark magic any more than paladins do on holy magic, shadow priests have been using it forever and Deathknights are plenty dark without stepping on a warlocks image. Blood is probably going too far, but that's all purely conjecture.

Death Knight are ok about getting dark/necrotic spells

Shadowpriests for spiritual/dark spells but not overwhelming and unstable ones like the Sha

Warlock for a wider dark perspective

What does a Mage have anything to do with it?

Its about the more specific identity, not "dark" in general.

Deleted
    But warlocks specific identity has been demons, fire and shadow. I'm baffled as to how giving "Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic", fits into that paradigm, bar the blood magic, which I've already said I agree with - giving mages blood magic would be going too far, but there's no sign blizzard plan to do that from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Sha I don't think anyone should be "getting", they're portrayed as uncontrollable, leave them as that.
    no, they are not.

Korune Artifact
    Quest Item
    "These artifacts describe how the Korune harnessed the power of the sha."

the korune clan of the mogu has been using sha for 14000 years.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

But warlocks specific identity has been demons, fire and shadow. I'm baffled as to how giving "Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic", fits into that paradigm, bar the blood magic, which I've already said I agree with - giving mages blood magic would be going too far, but there's no sign blizzard plan to do that from what I've seen.
    About Blood Magic and Mages, what I am implying is somewhat indirect. In 5.2 there are 2 factions associated with Dalaran that assault the Thunder Palace in order to strike the Thunder King and pursue secrets. Jaina gets her hands on the Thunder King's lightning which enchants her staff and powers, while Lor'themar finds a form of blood magic which is life magic as he implies. The way the animations looks and the descriptions go by, it is something major and something that could be mage-ish.

I am personally afraid that these 2 factions work like the Black Harvest for Mages in order to revamp the identity of Arcane and Fire Mages that tend to be forshadowed by Destro locks and Moonkins respectively. One with thunder, the other with blood fueled fire energy. Keep in mind that this is blood magic is described as work of the Titans and a Titan-like artifact was the trinket from Varo'then in 4.3 which unleashed red lightning which dealt fire damaged and was a gift from Azhara, the greatest Mage alive.

If I can't toggle between green and red I'd be disappointed.

What's more, I'd really rather that the tool tips to all spells affected change over automatically. Without having to rip up my action bars and macros.

As I said before: warlock's spells should be purple, not green... green is something like "life spell"
    I want purple fire, lol.
    Last edited by Biruta; 2013-02-05 at 06:30 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Death Knight are ok about getting dark/necrotic spells

Shadowpriests for spiritual/dark spells but not overwhelming and unstable ones like the Sha

Warlock for a wider dark perspective

What does a Mage have anything to do with it?

Its about the more specific identity, not "dark" in general.
    I agree, maybe a bad example but I always see the mages in wow as jedi from star wars. They are bound by rules and strive for purity in their spells whilst resisting corruption. I see Warlocks like the sith who are more free with their choices of spells but at a cost. For me as soon as a mage in wow breaks the rules and obtains darker magics I don't think they should be classified as a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    As I said before: warlock's spells should be purple, not green... green is something like "life spell"
    I want purple fire, lol.
    fel magic is the pinnacle of demonic magic, and it's green.

also: fel magic works by converting life energy into power (through sacrifices). you can see that in the wacraft comics (especially the parts that concern valeera and med'an). so it makes sense for both life and fel magics to share the same color.

Anything that isn't progression shall be incinerated by my green fire!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I didn't know your warlock was a chemist. Mine just summons fire from the pits of hell, which has a shortage of geeks that enjoy burning stuff for curious chemical reactions.

So yea, red.
    *Someone knows more than you. Default counter-argument is to call them a geek*

Also, since Warlocks got their green fel flames, I demand my blue fire.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I have two specs, and neither of them are Destruction. I'm not going to be in any hurry to get the green fire. It's not necessary, and I never understood how fervently the Warlock community pushed for this.
    Never seen green fire irl? I have, through a window on a commercial boiler. I can't wait to fry some dragon/players with me green fire.
    And I am really, really looking forward to the quest.
    Lots of people wanted something to seperate the fire from the fire, and even more people wanted class based quests back.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I demand my blue fire.
    That depends. If it is frost-fire blue,yes. But if is Illidan-like blue then we've got ourselves a Spellstealer Mage

I don't really care about green fire that much. I usually only play affliction or demo, I want to do the quest chain and then have the option of green or red. To match transmog...if I'm all red and black I don't want to be tossing green fire. Also, I'd take some sweet purple fire action as well. I'm undecided if I'm going green or not. If the questline automatically makes it green, then green. I won't miss the quest chain.

Its happening :O Check the recent blue.

Deleted
    About Blood Magic and Mages, what I am implying is somewhat indirect. In 5.2 there are 2 factions associated with Dalaran that assault the Thunder Palace in order to strike the Thunder King and pursue secrets. Jaina gets her hands on the Thunder King's lightning which enchants her staff and powers, while Lor'themar finds a form of blood magic which is life magic as he implies. The way the animations looks and the descriptions go by, it is something major and something that could be mage-ish.

I am personally afraid that these 2 factions work like the Black Harvest for Mages in order to revamp the identity of Arcane and Fire Mages that tend to be forshadowed by Destro locks and Moonkins respectively. One with thunder, the other with blood fueled fire energy. Keep in mind that this is blood magic is described as work of the Titans and a Titan-like artifact was the trinket from Varo'then in 4.3 which unleashed red lightning which dealt fire damaged and was a gift from Azhara, the greatest Mage alive.
    Well, I'm with you on that being kinda lame. I wouldn't be that opposed to it being related purely to blood elves as a cosmetic thing, since they DID have blood mages (and even then it's iffy), but this sounds like something else entirely if they're just getting it now and it's from the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, they are not.

Korune Artifact
    Quest Item
    "These artifacts describe how the Korune harnessed the power of the sha."

the korune clan of the mogu has been using sha for 14000 years.
    You mean the artifacts the horde studied, then demonstrated that they still had no clue how to control the sha? You're linking to an item that relates to a quest chain that culminated in a grand display of the sha being completely uncontrollable by the best mages in the horde and screwing over everyone who attempts to use the sha. Besides, harnessing the power of something =/= controlling it - the Korune seemed capable of channeling sha energy, they didn't seem to have any control over the sha themselves.

You mean the artifacts the horde studied, then demonstrated that they still had no clue how to control the sha? You're linking to an item that relates to a quest chain that culminated in a grand display of the sha being completely uncontrollable by the best mages in the horde and screwing over everyone who attempts to use the sha. Besides, harnessing the power of something =/= controlling it - the Korune seemed capable of channeling sha energy, they didn't seem to have any control over the sha themselves.
    they threw sha at me. that seems controlled enough. if they couldn't control it, they wouldn't be able to direct it.

that questline just showed us you can't just control sha in a week. it probably took the korune a few hundreds of years and many dead mogu to control it. but they do control it. they can throw it at you, they can open sha fissures on the floor, they can even use the sha to bury people alive in a temple.

I don't want green fire. I don't care if it's going to be more-or-less unique, I don't care if it's more-or-less correct lore-wise, I just don't think it looks as good as "normal" fire.

So no, I wont bother with the green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they threw sha at me. that seems controlled enough. if they couldn't control it, they wouldn't be able to direct it.

that questline just showed us you can't just control sha in a week. it probably took the korune a few hundreds of years and many dead mogu to control it. but they do control it. they can throw it at you, they can open sha fissures on the floor, they can even use the sha to bury people alive in a temple.
    After the lore quality of the green fire questline, I doubt everything that is coming to the class in the future. They try to show Warlocks as spoiled brats that greedily grasp whatever they can get their hands on and respectful sources of power say NO straight to your face, like the Sha or the Essence of Order that used spellflame/purple flame.

With questlines like these, the Warlock turns from the one who takes risks to achieve something more to the weak guy who bargains to cover his/her weakness.

After the lore quality of the green fire questline, I doubt everything that is coming to the class in the future. They try to show Warlocks as spoiled brats that greedily grasp whatever they can get their hands on and respectful sources of power say NO straight to your face, like the Sha or the Essence of Order that used spellflame/purple flame.

With questlines like these, the Warlock turns from the one who takes risks to achieve something more to the weak guy who bargains to cover his/her weakness.
    I'm yet to see sha reject a warlock. the supposed sha part of the warlock questline was scrapped and it's as much lore as deathwing smoking a hooka on the scrapped "warcraft adventures: lord of the clans".
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-02-07 at 02:25 PM.