Spirit Kings

If you look at the dps requirements:
    Stone Guards
    Feng
    Elegon
    Gara'jal
    Spirit Kings
    Wil

Outgearing a dps fight is much easier than outgearing a certain tactic. Gara'jal und Elegon became very easy with gear but were hell during the first lockouts. Stone Guards instead don't require that much dps but a perfect execution of the taunt rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you are overgeared, Garajal becomes piss easy.
    Stone Guards are easy too but require some awareness from everyone in raid.
    Elegon/Feng are not hard either.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-02-04 at 07:45 AM.

Dogs does somewhat depend on what setup you get each week, i.e. if you have a slightly melee heavy group and have a setup with chains, it can be somewhat of a pain.

Overall I'd agree that feng is pretty easy since it doesn't change much from normal and there is no risk to hit any enrage timer. Don't listen to the elitists saying Spirit kings is easy, it will take significantly more work than the previous bosses (don't get me wrong, i like the fight, just saying it should not be underestimated).

Stone Guards is the easiest, you just need to a) have your tanks understand how to do swaps properly, takes a little bit of practise, but reasonably simple, b) have people not stand in anything, c) make sure healers keep tanks alive as priority, and d) remind your DPS that where possible, running tiles is PRIORITY. If you have 100+ tiles out every reset, then you GG and collect loot. Unlimited mana for healers, huge amounts of DPS, there's a small amount of RNG though in that you can have it constantly choose a really bad dog to empower which means you're constantly overloading and swapping, and your DPS are having trouble running tiles.

On Red, if Jasper has 80 or less power when it gets empowered. BREAK CHAINS.
    On Blue, if Cobalt has 85 or less power when it gets empowered. POP COBALT MINES (Using Windwalk totem/Hand of Freedom/etc. is a + because the bombs do like 30k damage when Cobalt is empowered, but they still root you, DKs with AMS = Amazing.)
    Avoid Purple shit on the ground at all times.
    If Jade is up for the weak, lots of raid damage whenever Jade isn't empowered, but that's about it.
    The easiest week is Red/Purple/Green if your raid has trouble avoiding things and/or has a small number of DKs/Hunters/Other classes good at popping traps.
    The easiest week if your raid doesn't have trouble avoiding things is Blue/Purple/Green, because Chains are the number one problem when trying to run tiles.

One more thing. Remind your DPS that if they're chained to a healer, KEEPING THAT CHAIN TOGETHER IS OF UTMOST PRIORITY, EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT ABLE TO DPS. (Preferably Healers/Ranged DPS should move into melee range with the melee).
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    We killed heroic Will in 10 attempts, and 50+ on any other boss. Will was easier than on normal lol
    Im pretty sure this is lies.

On the others. Spirit Kings, large DPS check if you can work out the points to push DPS and hold DPS, it becomes easy as long as you can dance dance dance.

Elegon, super easy, minor gear check, but low gear level check, as long as tanks and DPS can communicate properly and you can kill 4 waves of orbs every time, as well as pushing the boss at the right time to not have an add up when you're phase transitioning (Otherwise you can have trouble with orbs if you're busy killing a big add still, + Lost DPS on boss in that 15 seconds that he gives you whilst he makes the orbs)

Feng, super easy, Arcane > Shadow > Lightning > Fire. Use Stormlash/Skull Banner rotations on the Shadow adds, barrier correctly, make sure you stun Feng on Lightning and taunt swap appropriately. Tank stacks do HUGE damage on Heroic. Lust on Fire at last 25%, barrier first fire, burn boss, preferably before he sucks in more fire.

Gara'jal, solid DPS check, make sure healers know how to manage the healing buff downstairs properly as well as rotating cooldowns on both the tank and healing CDs upstairs, as well as DPS killing the tank's adds downstairs. Tank must kill the glowing red one, as only he can see it, DPS must be down around the same time as a tank to blow up the big white tank adds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Im pretty sure this is lies.
    Will is an awfully designed fight in that, if you have a perfect raid comp, you can roflwaffle through the boss and not even care, Hunters with specced 1min deterrance can shred all the explosive orb charge things, and multi DoT DPS + 1 melee, warrior or DK preferred to tank the Strengths, GG collect loot.

A bad raid comp, more or less without hunters and/or many multi-DoT classes can make Will very tough. But it's easily overgeared still.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Feng or Elegon.
    Same here. But I hate stoneguards. I would not say it's one of the hard hardmodes, but it can get pretty annoying especially in 10 man. In 25 man chains are no big problem I assume. But in 10 man you have to go for the tiles while chained and that is so super annoying -.- Spirit Kings is not that hard anymore, but our first kill was a long time after the nerf. Can imagine that it was pretty hard before. Compared to HoF all bosses in MSV are relatively easy (haven't killed wote yet, but I think this won't be a big problem - can get pretty nasty if you have a shitty setup - we have a rogue :P)

... strange...

My guild downed Stoneguards, Feng, and Garajal in the same week... really fast... (Ok i know we are overgeared.)

But Elegon is becoming a wall now... 2 entire days of tries without any success.
    The fight is really easy, as people said all other phases for us are like a joke... except the little adds from the pillar phases...

We cant deal with then... we try to slow... tank... but everything we do gets out of control...
    Tank cant take then all because he risks IK, even if he tries some of then will aggro on healers and kill then, even when everything seems good we cant kill then faster then Elegon spaws the big add again, causing problems...

Idk what we are doing wrong, we tried everything i could think off... but those adds simple turn this into a nightmare, they cant be knocked back, and roots breaks too fast on damage, and they hit too hard even on tanks...

Its really strange that everyone found this fight to be so easy... yes its very easy on all other phases for us too... expect this damn little adds.

For us the easiest was Stone Guards, then Garajal, and Feng was a little hard because we needed to learn the shield phase and it took a little to learn how to deal with the adds, but so far they all seemed really easy.

Blade Lord in HoF is also doable, even if its not particularly meaningful to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Same here. But I hate stoneguards. I would not say it's one of the hard hardmodes, but it can get pretty annoying especially in 10 man. In 25 man chains are no big problem I assume. But in 10 man you have to go for the tiles while chained and that is so super annoying -.- Spirit Kings is not that hard anymore, but our first kill was a long time after the nerf. Can imagine that it was pretty hard before. Compared to HoF all bosses in MSV are relatively easy (haven't killed wote yet, but I think this won't be a big problem - can get pretty nasty if you have a shitty setup - we have a rogue :P)
    Spirit Kings wasn't nerfed to my memory? They just made the order one way, because 1-2 of the RNG orders were easy, but 1-2 of the orders were like, twice as hard, so you could get RNG'd on half your attempts, and guilds weren't even bothering, they were just resetting or wiping if they got the wrong order, because it was too ridiculously different.

See: Vizier on Heroic. He goes left to Dance platform first. You lose.
    He goes right to Force and Verve platform first. You win.
    They fixed him so he only goes right, because going left first was dicks central.

Yikes.

Heroic stone guards, is dependent on so many factors. Healer comp, raid comp, raid strengths, which week it is..
    One week you 1-shot it with your eyes closed, the other you are raging due to bad chains, frozen tanks, immobile healers.

esr

Easiest would be 5/6 Heroic on 10 man haven't done Will yet

Killed Spirit kings @ 16 attempts

Will of the Emperor will die tonight for us and we'll start hitting HoF

glad the only difference is gear, not nerfs...makes me feel accomplished when i kill bosses drunk lol

Deleted
    Well my guild went to HC MSV first time tonight.

We 9 manned Stone Guards on our 4th attempt with a tank who was tanking it for the first time, and then we wiped on Feng with full group 11 times as we just couldnt get past shield phase.

So from my limited experience i'd say Stone Guards are easier than Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by satanicway View Post
    ... strange...

My guild downed Stoneguards, Feng, and Garajal in the same week... really fast... (Ok i know we are overgeared.)

But Elegon is becoming a wall now... 2 entire days of tries without any success.
    The fight is really easy, as people said all other phases for us are like a joke... except the little adds from the pillar phases...

We cant deal with then... we try to slow... tank... but everything we do gets out of control...
    Tank cant take then all because he risks IK, even if he tries some of then will aggro on healers and kill then, even when everything seems good we cant kill then faster then Elegon spaws the big add again, causing problems...

Idk what we are doing wrong, we tried everything i could think off... but those adds simple turn this into a nightmare, they cant be knocked back, and roots breaks too fast on damage, and they hit too hard even on tanks...

Its really strange that everyone found this fight to be so easy... yes its very easy on all other phases for us too... expect this damn little adds.

For us the easiest was Stone Guards, then Garajal, and Feng was a little hard because we needed to learn the shield phase and it took a little to learn how to deal with the adds, but so far they all seemed really easy.

Blade Lord in HoF is also doable, even if its not particularly meaningful to the topic.
    The little adds are pretty easy to manage. Just apply slows so the tank can kite them abit, you can also stun them. What we did was me as brewmaster just chugging kegs at them, while our made did a ring of frost = win.

E: Also you can tank the little adds + the big add for awhile, aslong as you kite the little adds.

Ergar: They seem to move faster then a character if not properly slowed, and tanks cannot keep aggro from healer without getting into melee with then...
    Since they will appear in different places, its really hard to the tank to aggro then all.

We play with a DK and a Paladin tank, just for extra information.

Make the dk spec into chillblains, and you could try popping army of the dead on one of the packs. Aslong as the tanks are prepared for massive damage, its not too bad to go in melee range for 1-2 secs with them, to get aggro. Tbh, i have no idea how your dk couldnt get aggro on them with d&d, pestilience + blood boil spam.

Deleted
    #1 Feng
    #2 Stonegurads
    #3 Garajal (use the garajal addon ->google)
    #4 Elegon
    #5 4 kings
    #6 Will

1 Stone Guards
    2 Feng
    3 Elegon
    4 Garajal
    5 Spirit Kings
    6 Will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    i'm surprised noone mentioned gara'jal as their first choice. if your group is geared decently, meaning around 490+ ilvl on each toon, garajal is a cakewalk unless you have 2 DK-Tanks. Just pop bloodlust and potions at the start and do some totems and 4 minutes later the boss is dead.
    Killed Garajal HC in 3.30 last time. <_<

If you have enough soakers, (and I think everyone probably does have enough soakers), Elegon seems to be the easiest and actually easier than his normal mode.