Deleted

Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10 and second platform

Hello

My Guild started progress on Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10M last night and encountered this problem:

When boss goes to second platform, 1 tank and 1 healer would follow him and boss just goes nuts. Each time healer enters second platform boss will just melee healer ignoring tank as he wasnt even there.

Here is what we tried:

Sending 3 diffrent tanks to make sure its not tank's fault
    Sending 3 diffrent healers
    We made sure that tank is in melee range
    We made sure that healer is standing 30 yards away (still gets killed by melee attack)
    We made sure tank enters second platform first (attacks boss for ~5 seconds before healer enters)
    We made sure tank taunts boss (boss attacks healer even when boss was taunted 0,5s ago)
    Our priest even used fade when he entered second platform, after 3 seconds of fade boss instantly switched target and killed him with melee attack

Is there some specific way we have to do it or its just bug? Is it possible warlock's gateway causes this?
    Last edited by mmoc81c328c8ed; 2013-01-31 at 11:47 AM. Reason: grammar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norc View Post
    Is it possible warlock's gateway causes this?
    Yes it happened to me even on normal mode. After using warlock's gateway I couldnt get aggro for like 5 seconds and the boss was attacking random targets melee, range dpsers and even healers.
    Dont use that portal as tank. We just simply start running there (1healer + 1tank) when boss is at 81% so we reach the 2nd platform when the boss is landing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Norc View Post
    Hello

My Guild started progress on Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10M last night and encountered this problem:

When time boss goes to second platform, 1 tank and 1 healer would follow him and boss just goes nuts. Each time healer enters second platform boss will just melee healer ignoring tank as he wasnt even there.

Here is what we tried:

Sending 3 diffrent tanks to make sure its not tank's fault
    Sending 3 diffrent healers
    We made sure that tank is in melee range
    We made sure that healer is standing 30 yards away (still gets killed by melee attack)
    We made sure tank enters second platform first (attacks boss for ~5 seconds before healer enters)
    We made sure tank taunts boss (boss attacks healer even when boss was taunted 0,5s ago)
    Our priest even used fade when he entered second platform, after 3 seconds of fade boss instantly switched target and killed him with melee attack

Is there some specific way we have to do it or its just bug? Is it possible warlock's gateway causes this?
    If the healer is standing at ranged, and tank is at melee, it should never be a problem. It is the warlocks gateway, since it doesn't allow threat to be generated during the time you have the debuff caused by the gateway.

Sounds buggy to me, we've run this boss for like 8 hours so far, and im the tank who goes with the healer, and I've never seen our healer die when we go over there.
    Last edited by Misux; 2013-01-31 at 09:01 AM.
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The healer and tank can simply run over, a tank should never ever ever use the gateway, also as a head's up, when you get the force and verve echo down at start make sure you wait for the tank/healer on the otherside to let you know its safe to use the gateway....

Deleted
    Thanks everyone, we are going to try without demonic gateway tonight

We just started this fight as well and having a similar problem (actually had the same problem early on but figured that out towards the end). On the 2nd platform Zorlok is casting Song of the Empress and sometimes Exhale during the Attenuation which obviously resulting in deaths.

His casts from a single pull:
    [23:17:26.131] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Song of the Empress
    [23:17:36.974] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Inhale
    [23:17:50.247] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Force and Verve
    [23:18:02.343] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Inhale
    [23:18:09.597] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Exhale
    [23:18:26.466] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Force and Verve
    [23:18:38.572] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Inhale
    [23:18:47.840] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Song of the Empress
    [23:19:06.764] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Attenuation
    [23:19:07.568] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok casts Song of the Empress
    [23:19:11.580] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Exhale

[23:19:19.611] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Inhale
    [23:19:23.253] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok casts Song of the Empress

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/026rj9txs8mngkho/

What are we doing wrong?

Deleted
    Song of the empress happens when no one is within melee range of the boss/echo. It simply means that your tank is too slow to get to the boss / too slow to get back to the boss after dodging attenuation.

Look at the bolded part of the log, 0.8 seconds after the start of Attenuation he casts Song of the Empress. It ticked once then stopped so it didn't wipe us.

Then he cast exhale on the tank stunning him while we were still dodging the attenuation balls.

You can't use the gateway, that's what's wrong.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113942

Deleted
    We have a tank and a healer using the gateway each time when the first Echo spawns and it's perfectly fine.

Don't have the healer stand in meele range of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You can't use the gateway, that's what's wrong.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113942
    I can't wrap my head around people that raid heroic modes and do not know about this already. But yeah, this is correct.

Deleted
    Sure you can use it, but you have to chain taunts, works fine for me.

Tank can't use gateway if you want to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Straido View Post
    Sure you can use it, but you have to chain taunts, works fine for me.
    Chain taunt holds 4.5 seconds (3 sec + 1.5 sec). Debuff lasts 15 sec. You can throw Xuen and stuff in there though.

Deleted
    You can use portal if you are the only one in melee range. Our tanks do it all the time.

you also need to realize that his melee range is MASSIVE, so if you are closer than the very edge of the stairs you are probably in his melee range.

In my guild we have me (the tank going over) run over with the healer using a gateway when im in melee, when the force and verve come i pop shieldwall and just soak it, with the healer standing in a bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank PoV
    1. Leave 1st platform as Boss leaves, use any speed increase available to your class ie as a Warrior I heroic leap then charge.
    2. Once in melee range of the boss on 2nd platform use a short defensive CD and call your healer to gateway over.
    3. Stay in melee range (dont move to bubble) for FnV ability using a defensive CD lie Shieldwall, this way you have no chance of causing Song.
    4. Circle dance left or right around the boss for Attenuation depending on pattern, watch DBM arrow which makes this simple.

Healer PoV
    1. Once called upon by tank take the gateway to 2nd platform and when you land ensure you position BEHIND the tank to avoid Exhale stun/deaths.
    2. Move into bubble for FnV and top your tank who will be taking extra damage staying out in melee range of the bosss.
    3. Reposition behind the tank after FnV for Exhale to avoid being stunned.
    4. Circle dance left or right around the boss for Attenuation depending on pattern, watch DBM arrow which makes this simple.

I think our tank who goes there stays at the melee range of the boss, and uses a cooldown to survive with F&V and Attenuation going on, and our healer gets into a shield. They might be using Hand of Protection or shit like that, they're both Paladins.