Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I will be your manny. You don't have a problem with a man do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    One again seems like a good deal, be nice to have this for a few months before I possibly get killed next year.

And yes I think judging by my pic I am a fairly handsome dude
    First, dont say something like that.

Second, from a female, yes you are handsome.

Third, it should not be too hard to find someone who is willing to maintain the house. Give it a shot.

A question for you, OP. How would you feel if as soon as she puts dinner down on the table she takes off with her boyfriend for the rest of the night? Or instead her boyfriend comes over and the spend the rest of the evening sequestered in her room watching movies?

If you don't have a problem with that, then good luck with craigslist. If you do have a problem with this, then advertise on match.com, instead.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    First, dont say something like that.

Second, from a female, yes you are handsome.

Third, it should not be too hard to find someone who is willing to maintain the house. Give it a shot.
    Well thanks osyrus.

I guess i was just trying to help people relate to my mind set. I'm not looking for some crazy chick to exchange living quaters for sex or anything like that. Honestly what it comes down to is that i don't have alot of time at home and i get tired of eating outside food or pre-packaged food because of my work hours. Also its not that im messy, but you know the normal things a guy does when he gets home form work and is tired.

I eat, shower etc etc. In the process clothes get dirty and some dishes get created. No big deal right?

Lastly yes i would prefer a female, no because im looking to get laid, i can do that on my own. Its because in my line of work i see guys...all day everyday. My friends and co-workers mind you, we are all like brothers. However as im sure many other soldiers would atest to, sometimes its nice to have rational normal conversations with a female. The have different points of view and whatnot.....idk its hard to explain.

Like ive also said previously, it would be nice to have something nice to look at when i get home. After a long day of work coming back to the house and eeing a cute girl watching TV...doing homework...w/e would be a nice change of pace and lighten up my day. Not in a sexual way or anything, but it just adds a positive aura.

I know what some people are thinking "dude why not just get a girlfriend?"

Heres why...

I'm leaving soon for a deployment. I do not have the time nor the energy to dedicate to a long term relationship, ive seen many solsiers try to hurry along relationship, only to get married to someone they don't really know and get their heart broken. I'm not going to be that guy.

So in conclusion, it would be nice ot come home to a clean house with some food made and a cute chick to ask me "hey tony how was your day, you in the mood to paint some plaguemarines tonight?" in exhange for a Furnished place to live inc: internet, satelite tv, etc etc. for damn near nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    A question for you, OP. How would you feel if as soon as she puts dinner down on the table she takes off with her boyfriend for the rest of the night? Or instead her boyfriend comes over and the spend the rest of the evening sequestered in her room watching movies?

If you don't have a problem with that, then good luck with craigslist. If you do have a problem with this, then advertise on match.com, instead.
    Thats a good question poser.

As long as the dude wasn't a dick it wouldn't bother me to much. Part of what im asking for is some light campanionship, so as long as thats not a problem for the dude than its all good.

I think it would come down to me paying for a chick to pretend im her boyfriend minus the sex.

I've been trying to convince my wife to allow me to hire a sleeping partner. when we sleep in bed she is cuddled up on one side and which ever side that is stays warm. The problem is the other side is completely open. I want to hire someone to occupy that other side. Seems legit to me...the wife aint digging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks osyrus.

I guess i was just trying to help people relate to my mind set. I'm not looking for some crazy chick to exchange living quaters for sex or anything like that. Honestly what it comes down to is that i don't have alot of time at home and i get tired of eating outside food or pre-packaged food because of my work hours. Also its not that im messy, but you know the normal things a guy does when he gets home form work and is tired.

I eat, shower etc etc. In the process clothes get dirty and some dishes get created. No big deal right?

Lastly yes i would prefer a female, no because im looking to get laid, i can do that on my own. Its because in my line of work i see guys...all day everyday. My friends and co-workers mind you, we are all like brothers. However as im sure many other soldiers would atest to, sometimes its nice to have rational normal conversations with a female. The have different points of view and whatnot.....idk its hard to explain.

Like ive also said previously, it would be nice to have something nice to look at when i get home. After a long day of work coming back to the house and eeing a cute girl watching TV...doing homework...w/e would be a nice change of pace and lighten up my day. Not in a sexual way or anything, but it just adds a positive aura.

I know what some people are thinking "dude why not just get a girlfriend?"

Heres why...

I'm leaving soon for a deployment. I do not have the time nor the energy to dedicate to a long term relationship, ive seen many solsiers try to hurry along relationship, only to get married to someone they don't really know and get their heart broken. I'm not going to be that guy.

So in conclusion, it would be nice ot come home to a clean house with some food made and a cute chick to ask me "hey tony how was your day, you in the mood to paint some plaguemarines tonight?" in exhange for a Furnished place to live inc: internet, satelite tv, etc etc. for damn near nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:02 PM ----------

Thats a good question poser.

As long as the dude wasn't a dick it wouldn't bother me to much. Part of what im asking for is some light campanionship, so as long as thats not a problem for the dude than its all good.

I think it would come down to me paying for a chick to pretend im her boyfriend minus the sex.
    well i certianly wouldnt put the last line in your edit in. Would possibly scare some gals off. Just the basics, and maybe include something about being a friendly person so that the potential roomate doesnt come into it with a strict roomate / no friendship ever state of mind.

If you take a moment to look at it from the other sides perspective you'll realise how unreasonable and restrictive those rules are.

So let us assume that I took this deal:

Nobody likes being dominated as a roommate, if you want to build up a healthy relationship you need to feel like you're not the other guys bitch. And man you are making that person your personal bitch extraordinair. First I have to do all the cleaning, all the laundry, all the choirs and clean up the mess you made. That is extremly off putting. Nobody likes a lazy roommate, and no it doesn't matter how hard you work when you are at your work, cause they don't see that. What we see is a lazy bum that wants everything handed to him.

Add to that you restrict their free time EVERY SINGLE DAY of the working week. That in itself is completly unrealistic. Look if you are at uni the free time you have is extremly valuable, to put a ball and chain on forcing them to be home at a certain time every single day, is a deal breaker if I've ever seen one. You think "Oh but it's not something huge to ask for" yes it is, you are asking them to compromise their entire life for you.

Lets add to that, You are now this lazy douche, that is fucking up my social life add to that I need to start going around with you, doing shit you like? On MY free time? Are you shitting me, I wouldn't do that with most of my friends, even less some stranger I'm sharing a flat with, and I have to pay you to do it. Do you really think this can foster a proper buisness relationship?

The thing about having room mates is either you rent out a room. or you share a flat, that's how it has to be done. They need to feel that they get something out of it. The services you ask for is stuff you pay for, with money to people that will not be your mate.

What you are asking for is a ridiculously unhealthy relationship that would never ever end well.
    Last edited by Keske; 2013-02-03 at 09:10 PM.

I've been trying to convince my wife to allow me to hire a sleeping partner. when we sleep in bed she is cuddled up on one side and which ever side that is stays warm. The problem is the other side is completely open. I want to hire someone to occupy that other side. Seems legit to me...the wife aint digging it.

lol poser you made me laugh.

I guess it comes down to people having differnet standards of living.

I want the benefits of having a GF (minus the sex im not stupid) in exchange for bascially provding a place to live for a college chick who doesn't have a ton of money to spend on rent.

Just doesn't sound that outrageous to me.

I'm not a creeper, or a neckbeard trying to peak in on a girl taking a shower or do anything pervey. Just come home form a long day of work with some nice food to eat, a clean place, and a pretty girl who at least pretends to wanna hear about how im doing.

Sounds like a marriage almost, except without the emotional and financial attachment.

I want the benefits of having a GF (minus the sex im not stupid) in exchange for bascially provding a place to live for a college chick who doesn't have a ton of money to spend on rent.

I'm not a creeper, or a neckbeard trying to peak in on a girl taking a shower or do anything pervey. Just come home form a long day of work with some nice food to eat, a clean place, and a pretty girl who at least pretends to wanna hear about how im doing.

Sounds like a marriage almost, except without the emotional and financial attachment.
    Actually it sounds like prostitution, since well that's what they do. They do the relationship stuff you want them to do in exchange for money. And yes I work in a buisness were men pick up prostitutes for other things than sex, so I am fully aware that sex is not always what people looking for prositutes is after.

I know you are getting deployed, but honestly a girlfriend is goin gto make you happier in the long run. Just live on wendy's for a while until you leave, then when you come back find a mate.

I think what you are looking for is going to end up kind of awkward for both of you if you do find someone into the arrangement.

There is a movie that is pretty much the EXACT opposite of what you describe. It's called Strictly Sexual. It's about two women who allow two men to live with them provided they are on call for sex when ever they want it. Being opposite there are still parallels. Watch it, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Actually it sounds like prostitution, since well that's what they do. They do the relationship stuff you want them to do in exchange for money. And yes I work in a buisness were men pick up prostitutes for other things than sex, so I am fully aware that sex is not always what people looking for prositutes is after.
    I think calling any girl that would do this a prostiture is pretty harsh, and it really depends on the girl's personal taste. I know form my point of view, it really isnt all that bad.

With prostitution the expectation on the girls part is sex. Even if that is not what ALL her clients want, that still the business she is providing. So not prostitution.

Deleted
    All in all, it's a shitty deal for anyone willing to even consider your offer.

With prostitution the expectation on the girls part is sex. Even if that is not what ALL her clients want, that still the business she is providing. So not prostitution.
    If that is the deal, there are plenty of escourt services out there that does not supply any sexual acts what so ever. And it seems to be what he is looking for.

If you take a moment to look at it from the other sides perspective you'll realise how unreasonable and restrictive those rules are.

So let us assume that I took this deal:

Nobody likes being dominated as a roommate, if you want to build up a healthy relationship you need to feel like you're not the other guys bitch. And man you are making that person your personal bitch extraordinair. First I have to do all the cleaning, all the laundry, all the choirs and clean up the mess you made. That is extremly off putting. Nobody likes a lazy roommate, and no it doesn't matter how hard you work when you are at your work, cause they don't see that. What we see is a lazy bum that wants everything handed to him.

Add to that you restrict their free time EVERY SINGLE DAY of the working week. That in itself is completly unrealistic. Look if you are at uni the free time you have is extremly valuable, to put a ball and chain on forcing them to be home at a certain time every single day, is a deal breaker if I've ever seen one. You think "Oh but it's not something huge to ask for" yes it is, you are asking them to compromise their entire life for you.

Lets add to that, You are now this lazy douche, that is fucking up my social life add to that I need to start going around with you, doing shit you like? On MY free time? Are you shitting me, I wouldn't do that with most of my friends, even less some stranger I'm sharing a flat with, and I have to pay you to do it. Do you really think this can foster a proper buisness relationship?

The thing about having room mates is either you rent out a room. or you share a flat, that's how it has to be done. They need to feel that they get something out of it. The services you ask for is stuff you pay for, with money to people that will not be your mate.

What you are asking for is a ridiculously unhealthy relationship that would never ever end well.
    See i don't see it like that at all.

I'm exchanging a discounted place to live....i mean 300$ a month is nothing for rent where i live.

Its not like im shitting all over the place making messes and being a slob. I work 13+ hours a day. I come home, eat something, shower, play some WoW or whatever for a hour, and i go to bed. Rinse and repeat that 5 days a week.

I'm not asking that the potential rommie do ALL my laundry and wash windows, scrub sinks or anything similar. Just help me out keeping the place livable. It might take a whooping 20 min a day. I don't get where you see a "lazy bum" im a dude working 70 hours a week or more. I don't wanat anything handed to me, just some light cleaning and a little company.

As far as the time restriction goes....not really. Just ask me how im doing and strike light conversation with me occationally. More than likely ill keep the answers short as im jst to tired to really spend the time debating the puropose of life. The warhammer 40k thing was more of a joke, but if she wanted to help me out because we become friends cool.

I respect that someone in college wouldn't have much time to dote on me because they are working on school. I'm enrolled on college classes after work (forgot to mention this earlier) so on tues and thurs i wouldn't even be home untill after 8. Hell maybe we can even help each other study.

As far as the rest of your comment goes. I'm not asking the rommie to split the rent with me. I'm paying almost 1200$ a month in rent, not including cable etc. 300$ a month isn't much to ask, especially since it is a nicely furnished house.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:23 PM ----------

If that is the deal, there are plenty of escourt services out there that does not supply any sexual acts what so ever. And it seems to be what he is looking for.
    Not really...

jesus maybe im just nuts but it doesn't seem like im asking alot.

You get a almost free place to live less than a mile from a major UNI. A house with full furnishing and ammenites.

I get a roomie who can cook a whooping 1 meal a day for me, help pick up my minimal mess, and pretend to be my friend.

Wow the horrors of it all.

See i don't see it like that at all.

I'm exchanging a discounted place to live....i mean 300$ a month is nothing for rent where i live.

Its not like im shitting all over the place making messes and being a slob. I work 13+ hours a day. I come home, eat something, shower, play some WoW or whatever for a hour, and i go to bed. Rinse and repeat that 5 days a week.

I'm not asking that the potential rommie do ALL my laundry and wash windows, scrub sinks or anything similar. Just help me out keeping the place livable. It might take a whooping 20 min a day. I don't get where you see a "lazy bum" im a dude working 70 hours a week or more. I don't wanat anything handed to me, just some light cleaning and a little company.

As far as the time restriction goes....not really. Just ask me how im doing and strike light conversation with me occationally. More than likely ill keep the answers short as im jst to tired to really spend the time debating the puropose of life. The warhammer 40k thing was more of a joke, but if she wanted to help me out because we become friends cool.

I respect that someone in college wouldn't have much time to dote on me because they are working on school. I'm enrolled on college classes after work (forgot to mention this earlier) so on tues and thurs i wouldn't even be home untill after 8. Hell maybe we can even help each other study.

As far as the rest of your comment goes. I'm not asking the rommie to split the rent with me. I'm paying almost 1200$ a month in rent, not including cable etc. 300$ a month isn't much to ask, especially since it is a nicely furnished house.
    I'm not saying that it's unreasonable, it's your demands that are. There is a reason that there are companies offering what you need in exchange for money, it's an extremly draining task to pretend to give a shit about someone you don't like. The thing is you are trying to exchange buisness for something personal, and that never ends well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Anyone with a job or going to school isn't going to be able to make you dinner every night. So, therein lies your problem, you need to pay them.
    I do that for my boyfriend. I work 20 hours a week, have work meetings, go to school full-time. My boyfriend just got a second job because his first doesn't pay him much, so just about every night I have dinner ready and on the table, whether I was at work and school that day or night. I'm also a big gamer, and I do most of the chores since I tend to have more energy.

We're out here somewhere!

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

I know you are getting deployed, but honestly a girlfriend is goin gto make you happier in the long run. Just live on wendy's for a while until you leave, then when you come back find a mate.

I think what you are looking for is going to end up kind of awkward for both of you if you do find someone into the arrangement.

There is a movie that is pretty much the EXACT opposite of what you describe. It's called Strictly Sexual. It's about two women who allow two men to live with them provided they are on call for sex when ever they want it. Being opposite there are still parallels. Watch it, my friend.
    Why...why bring he emotional attachment nesesary with having a GF?

I'm leaving for a deployment within 6 months. My focus is on training, fixing helicopters, and making sure i do my best to prepare the soldiers im responcible for living in a hostile combat enviroment.

Those tasks are exhausting.

I wouldn't make a good BF right now, i think most women would agree. I mena seriously girls, my good looks aside, would you want a BF who is 6 months away from being gone for a year in a place he may never come home from? A guy who is to tired to focus attention on you for more than 30 min a day at most?

I'm not saying that it's unreasonable, it's your demands that are. There is a reason that there are companies offering what you need in exchange for money, it's an extremly draining task to pretend to give a shit about someone you don't like. The thing is you are trying to exchange buisness for something personal, and that never ends well.
    We will just have to agree to disagree here than.

If anything i think im offering a hell of a deal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    I do that for my boyfriend. I work 20 hours a week, have work meetings, go to school full-time. My boyfriend just got a second job because his first doesn't pay him much, so just about every night I have dinner ready and on the table, whether I was at work and school that day or night. I'm also a big gamer, and I do most of the chores since I tend to have more energy.

We're out here somewhere!
    You'd be the perfect roomie for me than.

We will just have to agree to disagree here than.

If anything i think im offering a hell of a deal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:29 PM ----------

You'd be the perfect roomie for me than.
    Yea, she does that for her Boyfriend. That's the crux here.