Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Why don't you rent the room out for a reasonable price and use the money to hire someone to come in and clean / do washing once or twice a week.

As for meals. Keep it simple when you don't have the time. Throw some meat on the bbq and just have nuke some frozen vegetables.
    Im just tired of being so lonely

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    That's why you rent the other room out.

Also. Maybe its worth taking the risk and looking for a partner!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to be rude, I'm not trying to be, but you said you would have like 30 minutes to spend with a girlfriend anyway. You're doing a lot for yourself in terms of work and school, so just wait it out. Being lonely sucks, but you'll have a good life down the road and lots of time later to spend with a mate.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, I'm not trying to be, but you said you would have like 30 minutes to spend with a girlfriend anyway. You're doing a lot for yourself in terms of work and school, so just wait it out. Being lonely sucks, but you'll have a good life down the road and lots of time later to spend with a mate.
    Will u be my bff forever?

Seriously though, a soldiers life can be a lonely life

10+ Year Old Account
    Will u be my bff forever?

Seriously though, a soldiers life can be a lonely life
    Yes it can be.

Often you come back a different man, if you have not already done a tour or four, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Be prepared for the stupid questions and woman not understanding why you do the things you do. There will be a woman out there that will be able to understand you-remember that. It might take awhile and it might seem as if it is an odd match but there will be one.

I am a daughter of a soldier and I happen to be head over heels for another one. As I said there will be a woman that understands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    What I mean is that's the reason she is doing it. Let's face it, what you are offering is 200 dollars a month (since you said the average apartment was around 1000 dollars, would mean that living with you would save 200 dollars compared to getting your standard roommate). For these 200 dollars, you expect them to cook for you (around 25-30 minutes a day) and do some light cleaning (lets say 15 minutes max a a day) aswell as pretending to give a crap about you for say 15-30 minutes a day. Aswell as going to movies and spending some time with your hobbies, lets say it average out over a week (If you go to a 2 hour movie, that's at least a 3 hour investment, say you go to 2 every month at maximum, it would be 6 hours total, around 12 minutes every day on average) This would average around a 1 hour 25-30 minute investment in your demands everyday. You roughly work 20 days a week, that would make the salary for this 6.66 dollars an hour. maybe that is a respectable salary where you live, but I doubt it. I have a pretty baseline jobb and I earn 3 times that an hour. Do you see how it might not look like the deal of the decade anymore?
    This looks like a valid point that has not actually been countered yet. The siblings thing makes no sense at all.

You're basically asking someone to do a lot of stuff for you for $300 a month. Why wouldn't they just get a room with another student (an equal), someone they can actually relate to, and get a job on saturday or something?

Dude, just get a girlfriend. You don't have to be serious about it.

Dude I'll do it. That's not far from where I live now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Here's what I think. You attaching your photo is not really related to you getting a roommate. If you do get a roommate they would be required to pay their half of the rent. That's it. By requiring them to do more is really a second job (free labor) without being paid. First you want a home cooked meal by the time you get home. No offense meant speaking as someone who lives in their own place. It's your responsibility to cook your own meals.

As far as cleaning clothes. it shouldn't be a requirement. Again the idea behind a roommate you cannot finically afford to live alone. It really does sound like by asking for a female roommate and requiring her to do stuff around the house. What you REALLY want is a wife and it's kinda unfair to put a person that position. I am assuming the roommate works too. It should be equally divided.

This first time I've seen an AD requiring the roommate to have a hot home cooked meal by the time you get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well heres the deal, they get to go to school and live in a house for maybe 300 a month, all they gotta do is abide by the faily lenient rules. Seems like it would be a good deal to me, of the situation was reversed

And its not like im asking for them to be working all the time, just spend about 10 min cleaning up a day and making 1 meal, thats not to bad right?
    Wait. you want them to pay 300 a month plus do the things you are listing, whereas you'd have to pay well above 1000 a month if you'd hire someone professional to do those things like cooking and housekeeping for you?
    For 300 a month a student can get a studio apt, or 1 bdrm apt somewhere too. Or they can find some roommates which don't have all these requirements.
    Plus, i am not so sure how exactly legal your requirements are, like in the example of basically regulating your housemates visitors.

You said it quite fitting..... it's a good deal for you... but not for the other person.

Oh wait you still have to pay rent and do you shit. it should be free.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Oh wait you still have to pay rent and do you shit. it should be free.
    The way I read him they have to pay..
    they get to go to school and live in a house for maybe 300 a month
    Those kind of jobs do actually exist, and come with a salary per month, plus free living, with very minimal interference of the persons privacy sphere.

What he gets with the job is:
    1. He gets a cook
    2. He gets a maid
    3. He gets a housekeeper who basically saves him money he'd otherwise have to spend on security systems for the times when he's not home or even abroad.
    Such job I'd evaluate at approx. 1500 a month, incl free living..
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-02-04 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The way I read him they have to pay..
    But in that part of the country you could have your own place for that price and not have to do somebody else's cooking cleaning etc. They should get to say and do his crap and get paid 300/month.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    But in that part of the country you could have your own place for that price and not have to do somebody else's cooking cleaning etc. They should get to say and do his crap and get paid 300/month.
    Yeah, that's why I was biting on his thread.. I am not too far from him either. just some 150ish miles in Iowa. For 300 a month students here have a heap of options, and none requires them to do anything.
    Friend of mine has an Apt building with 6 apts in it. He rents them out to students. 3 bdrm $520 a month. The location is close to Creighton University in Omaha, NE. Most of them are rented by room mates of 2 or 3 ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was biting on his thread.. I am not too far from him either. just some 150ish miles in Iowa. For 300 a month students here have a heap of options, and none requires them to do anything.
    Friend of mine has an Apt building with 6 apts in it. He rents them out to students. 3 bdrm $520 a month. The location is close to Creighton University in Omaha, NE. Most of them are rented by room mates of 2 or 3 ppl.
    I understand where your coming from but i think you have some of your numbers wrong.

Where i live is right next to a major university, and a military base. Typically rent on houses/apts are going to be higher around a military base in general because...well...they know soldiers can afford it.

The amount of pay soldiers can get for housing varies, but generally runs around 900-1200$ a month for junior enlisted and buck sgts. When i first moved to this area a small 2 bedroom house cost about 895 a month in rent, not including utilites or amendites.

Generally college students around here roomate up 4 or 5 deep to a house. Which works fine for some people. Some people aren't into the party scene, or into having alot of roomates.

Fact is, im rarely home. Maybe from about 6-7pm to about 520 am. Thats about it, even when i am home I'm tired and want to go to bed or relax with some computer gaming or miniature painting.

For a small price..300$ a month, some very light laundry and cooking a person is getting the following.

1. a 3 bedroom house fully furnished, there is nothing saying that the roomate has to sequester themselves to the one bedroom, they have free run of the house.
    2. internet/utilites are paid for. I'm not going to hound someone about a electric bill or whatever
    3. a quiet enviroment, with normal college roomates you have to put up with the good and the bad. If a student has a major exam or a hard class they know they can have a nice quiet enviroment to study in without loud music, or partying w/e. Like ive said before im a bit inoverted.
    4. Food, i keep a well stocked fridge, as long as the roomie isn't going through the food like its a fast food restaurnt, i don't mind picking up the food bill.

I put my pic as more as a gag for this thread, but also to show that im not some 50 year old balding perv, but a normal fairly young guy. A person who is very similar to the peps im advertising for.

Like i said earlier, seems to me that a student that has a very limited budget would be intrested in this proposition, maybe not...idk.