Poll: Which faction did you chose ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance. I wanted to be on the good side and the Horde is ugly.

15+ Year Old Account
    During classic, I started as alliance as my brother did.
    After our account got "hacked" halfway TBC (all our max lvl chars got stripped, but we still had access to the account), I started Horde.
    In WotLK, good friends of mine started to play as alliance and I joined them. After some time, we all went on a break/quit and when I came back I started another alliance.
    In Cataclysm, I got my own account and started a Horde and never looked back.

Deleted
    Pick horde at first because my friend played one. went Alliance. but main became horde and has always been horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started Alliance. But I wanted to see the other side, so I made an orc hunter. And once I made my way to Orgrimmar, I was Horde for Life.

If I had played WCIII before playing WoW, seeing as how Thrall was my favorite character, I would have not even started as Alliance.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Alliance, first character was a Night Elf. Was sharing an account with my brother, then he bought me the Battle Chest for Christmas, as well as 60 day game time cards. He bought his own computer, so that's why. Always played Alliance. Tried a few times to level Hordies, but never could.

But I must say, even though I made some Pandaren for Alliance, I hate-Hate-HATE Aysa Cloudsinger. She is an absolute beach in the last few quests. I'm honestly glad the Horde got such a cool-headed, logically-thinking Pandaren leader.I mean, seriously Aysa, sitting around and being patient isn't going to do anything other than cause your turtle island pain, and a slow death, while being unable to move from its path towards the Maelstrom. If she EVER goes to Pandaria, she's gonna cause some serious Sha problems, I tell ya.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally I chose Alliance but after that I've been both. Yes, I'm a traitor to both sides :P

I started out with a Night Elf Warrior, still my main, just a couple months before Ulduar's release. Since then I've stuck with night elves and worgen, with a single draenei, as their beginning zones and lore interest me. I've always liked blood elves, and when MoP released, I made a monk as soon as I could. I also decided to retry warlocks (never have liked them before) and am now having a ton of fun leveling my goblin lock. It's cool seeing the other side (horde side for me) of the story, but I remain a die-hard ally.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde, because they have Tauren. And obviously the Tauren are by far the best race to play in the game.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Horde. There wasn't even a choice, in fact, since all original Alliance models are ugly as sin. They are, however, very funny to pound into the ground, with their haughty airs of thinking they're the good guys. Whack-a-gnome never gets old !

More seriously, I knew the Alliance would be pictured as the "good" side by default and I was interested in a more colourful and nuanced background.
    Last edited by Sealed; 2013-02-03 at 02:09 PM.

Horde first as my friends played there, then transfered to alliance as my friends played there.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human mage rerolled tauren shaman shortly afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde. First it was because my friend who introduced me to WoW played Horde, then I tried Alliance by mysel, realized I actually preferred Horde atmosphere and races and never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as Alliance because I wanted to play a dwarf. After about six months, I made a Horde alt and really liked the people better over there. They were older, smarter and funnier. So, I swapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    My first ever character was Alliance on the trial version early BC, because I wanted to be on the "blue" team. It's my favorite color. :P ...
    I have a couple Alliance alts but if I'm honest.... Horde all the way!

Still mad I can't use my gorgeous blue dragonhawk Horde side though Stupid favorite color...
    Forever this. My favorite color is blue, but I'm locked out of the silver covenant hippogryph, blue dhawk, and that amazing blue kite.

Anyways, I started Alliance. My oldest brother played a human priest after moving over form EQ, and he was raiding Naxx by the time my older-but-younger-than-him brother picked up the game. So he rolled Alliance since my oldest brother played Alliance. I watched them extensively, and eventually my brother invited me to play, but said I had to go Ally if I wanted to play with them. So I rolled a gnome warrior and got it to 40ish and declared the game was dumb, and quit.

Then I started reading the lore, having stumbled onto wowwiki (back then before it split.) And I just fell in love with all of it. I remember spending late nights reading it before school because I'm a lifeless nerd ;w;. So I wanted to try it again, but having no money and being, like, thirteen, I rolled on a private server. But all my lore reading had me in love with the tauren, so I rolled a tauren hunter on that private server, and I just never looked back.

Eventually the server shut down for wotlk (because a fake cease and desist letter was going around to a bunch of servers and the owner didn't want to risk it) so I begged my older brother (my oldest brother stopped playing) to let me use his account for one character slot, and AGAIN he made me roll Alliance, presumably so he could use my toon's bank as a mule. So after a few months of being a stupid draenei I asked my parents for some money and got my own account, rolled a tauren hunter mirroring the one on the private server, and never looked back.

Now that said, I have a few worgen, and I'm going to admit I'm jealous as hell of worgen. Or, well, I was. Wolves are my favorite animal and, by proxy, werewolves my favorite fantasy beast - so when Allies got werewolves I right about flipped out! But Blizzard did a great job making their lore atrocious and their animations bad, plus they don't have tails, so, that crisis was averted.

Horde for life! More specifically, though, tauren. As nice as all our other races are, and I do play them as alts, I will never stop rooting for the shu'halo.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as a tauren because i think they are the only cool horde race.
    Then i stepped in Orgrimmar, and rerolled Alliance.

Wanted to start as horde, but friends were ally. So ended up being NE.
    Later on (end of tbc) ended up as Tauren. My first choice I wanted to make to begin with.
    And why later horde? Cause Tauren are most awesome race!

15+ Year Old Account
    Chose Alliance because I liked the Arthas parts of the Warcraft 3 more (and thus the Alliance parts) than the Horde parts.
    Do have a few Horde alts, but I can never really get into their story as much as I can with my Alliance chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm honestly glad the Horde got such a cool-headed, logically-thinking Pandaren leader.I mean, seriously Aysa
    Cool-headed? Logically-thinking? Did you play a different Pandaren starting zone? Ji Firepaw is pretty much reckless and makes rash decisions on the spot ''Shit shit shit, Shen-Zin Su is dying, shit I don't know what to do *sees some explosives* I GOT IT LET'S BLOW THE SHIP UP''

Yea....very logical.

I'm not saying Aysa Cloudsinger is better, because they're supposed to be pretty much equal, they both have their flaws. (Ji is to reckless/rash, Aysa is the exact opposite)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Since I started back in Vanilla, I think I went with Alliance because I had already been shown the starting quests and scenery of the Night Elf and human zones and liked what I saw. I did try a Horde alt shortly after, and generally played the Horde more throughout BC and Wrath.

Deleted
    Sided with the side which appealed to me most. That is, alliance.

Always been a fan of the 'grittier' faction. In this case, the Horde.

Just like how I'm with the NC in PS2