Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    It's an abstract concept, not like frost and fire. Purple is the easiest middle ground and any other colour would probably encroach on the various natural elements.

Just my 2 cents.
    Make that 4 cents, I think the exact same on the subject.

Arcane stuff is purple, has been for a long time. Go fly around Netherstorm.

BTW, what's wrong with pink? It's just a color.
    Let Reason Prevail

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, they were my only back in tbc. Yet i am on warrior... quite sure fury abilities are red >.>...

Learn your colors. Arcane's powers are shades of purple. With other colors accompanying it as a secondary color. It's not pink.

As a visual aid:

http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/2356...68_625x625.jpg

The shades of purple.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-02-03 at 03:39 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I see purple effects, with only light nuances ranging from blue to pink.

You're trying too hard.

It's this colour because that is what colour Arcane is

Deleted
    If arcane spell is too bright for you, you can reroll Spriest with dark purple spell and no glitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    If arcane spell is too bright for you, you can reroll Spriest with dark purple spell and no glitter ...
    I play a warlock. I have a lvl 85 mage alt (who's actually my bank alt) though.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I play a warlock. I have a lvl 85 mage alt (who's actually my bank alt) though.
    So, why did you complain about the color of spell of your bank alt ?
    And Warlock will have wonderful green spell ...

Deleted
    That Question is Pretty easy to Answer.

1. Most Mages are Gnomes with Pink Hair and the color fits to us (Pink Gnomes love Blink Blink)
    2. ..

Okay the Truth is here

I personal love the Pink Arcane =), i like the Effects and it is a part of the Arcane Mage.
    Last edited by mmocb4d5413dc4; 2013-02-17 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    its pink because its MAaAAaAgICaL

ill be honest tho, i would have picked an electrical white-ish colour
    That's already associated with druids Lunar magic.

Arcane mages are only pink and sparkly in sunlight.

All this thread really amounts to is more proof that Arcane Missiles graphic needs to be updated.

It is, literally, the oldest spell graphic in the game right now (for those who remember, it was one of the first set of spells that came out in the first beta build of vanilla WoW, along with Fireball and Frostbolt, both of which have been updated since).

I was thinking something along the lines of the shaman's Elemental blast spell, but naturally, with the pinkis.. i mean purple-y, Arcane theme.

The current AMs, while I do love them so, just need the face-lift at this point.

Fire is red, Frost is blue, and Arcane is Purple ( red+ blue)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    aw wish it was real pink, would go great with my transmorg ill have to settle with purp, close enough !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    As to the glitter and sparkle effects, Arcane magic on Azeroth was originally developed by Elves who then taught it to everyone else.
    LOL no, it was developed by Malygos.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...That's purple. LILAC at best if you wanna get picky, but yeah it's got a bit of blue tinge in there.

Paladins on the other hand...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

It's purple because purple isn't an organic color. It isn't something you see in nature that frequently. Other elements have a color associated with them. Nature = green. Water = blue, fire = red, etc etc. Arcane isn't natural so it is only "natural" (lol pun) that purple be used since it is a sorta otherwordly color!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    It's purple because purple isn't an organic color. It isn't something you see in nature that frequently. Other elements have a color associated with them. Nature = green. Water = blue, fire = red, etc etc. Arcane isn't natural so it is only "natural" (lol pun) that purple be used since it is a sorta otherwordly color!
    Shadow is purple too, dark purple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL no, it was developed by Malygos.
    Malygos didn't do shit. He was granted power over magic by the Titans. The Elves discovered Arcane magic on their own at the Well of Eternity. They then taught it to everyone else who wasn't a dragon. The Arcane magic the PCs use in the game was originally developed by the Elves.