Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But that has nothing to do with the fact that they where at home, and that sniper dude wasnt.
    It doesnt make them some grand victims either. It makes them just as bad, if not WORSE, than the sniper. Dont pretend these guys are innocent victims of the millitary complex that is the U.S, because for a lot of them, they arnt. otherwise, they wouldnt have been killing their own damn civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Rash Kah View Post
    why is it so impossible for you people to accept that not everyone stands in awe before the brave people who pretect our homland with all of their heart!!
    daguq are you talking about?

I don't really care if you stand in awe of dick...or don't. My point is this entire thread has been confrontational from the get go.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

why is it so impossible for you people to accept that not everyone stands in awe before the brave people who pretect our homland with all of their heart!!
    I don't really agree with the concept of him being a hero nor the war on iraq being justified, but I also believe this thread should be locked. There is very little discussion and more insulting of the dead than anything else in this thread. Not that I personally find that too sacred either but there have been passive-aggressive death threats in abundance and they will continue.

Good lord, do children not watch Bambi when they're growing up anymore? "...don't say nothin' at all

But it really shouldn't surprise me anymore. War sucks, no matter which way you slice it. But condemning those who participate in it as murderers? Yeah...screw you. The icing is he was trying to offer help to his fellow soldiers traumatized by war. But no one gives a shit about that, do they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    While that is true, one can refuse to be part of the system by ya know, not enlisting, specially in a country that is known to have a lot of foreign military actions that have little to do with protecting the citizens and more with protecting certain interests
    Wellllllll.... if it was just THAT easy...
    It's true, atm the USA doesn't draft. But read again... atm doesn't draft. Yet still, by law, every male 18 yrs or older must register for the Selective Service.
    That means, that the US Forces can - at will, with the permission of the govt. - draft just about every male of the country.

This is a current topic, since Selective Service is limited to males. Female rights movement challenges that as discrimination. They want the same treatments to be applicable to females. You can say it's in parts related to the most recent decision of the Pentagon to allow females in direct combat roles now. The women fought for that. It's not that they don't have enough male bodies left to throw into the front lines.

So, all in all... Simply no one enlisting anymore won't change a thing in regards of Army size and numbers.
    Plus, you'd never get those to not enlist who see the Army as the only valid choice for having a decently paid job, and a shot at better education. Especially those would be a target group of people (or at least some of them) who could very well end up in the backstreets of the "hoods" and becoming parts of some violent gang.
    Ending up as criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't really agree with the concept of him being a hero nor the war on iraq being justified, but I also believe this thread should be locked. There is very little discussion and more insulting of the dead than anything else in this thread. Not that I personally find that too sacred either but there have been passive-aggressive death threats in abundance and they will continue.
    Exactly. I don't really take any side in particular in this lovely debate. Nor do i really wan to. And the fact that someone attacks me for pointing out the shitty nature of this thread is proof that this thread is, in fact, confrontational to the hilt and needs to die.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

why is it so impossible for you people to accept that not everyone finds celebrating a man's death a cool thing to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    why is it so impossible for you people to accept that not everyone finds celebrating a man's death a cool thing to do?
    I bet 90% of USAs citizens celebrated Bin Ladens death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    I bet 90% of USAs citizens celebrated Bin Ladens death.
    I know i sure did.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    The insulated throw insult with forethought of no repercussion. They don't understand this world...Insulated from it's realities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I know i sure did.
    I did too, and I'm not even American.

I'm going to close this. It's gone far off the deep end from constructive discussion.

Locked.