Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anub'arak tribute

We don't see such charachters now days, it is obvious Mists of dailies is dull and crappy. I would like to remind you guys the great Crypt Lord Anub'arak, we first have seen him in like 2002, Lich king Ner'zul sent him to help Arthas beat Illidan.
    I must say i loved playing him on battle.net frozen throne, and when i seen him in Azjol nerub 5men i was disappointed, but then after the best raid ever Ulduar we've had ToC raid patch and THE GREAT ANUB'ARAK was the final boss, and damn i was pleased, it was an extra bonus for me because he was one of the hardest bosses ever in game. Anubarak 25 hc was something, also realm first title was nice. I stopped playin WoW because Mists of dailies, but before i canceled my sub i joined a pug for Anubarak 25 hc and MoP people nearly full raid, wiped

We don't see such "titans" now days, they have been amazing in Warcraft lore hence Blizzard i think was eager to make outstanding and demanding encounters of them. Anoob, Arthas, Yogg25 0, Algalon, Kil jaden, Ilidan.

PS: For people who i like are totally disappointed with Greg Street and how WoW looks now days, install Warcraft 3 guys like i did, still tons of people play on b.net and it is incredible fun 4v4 !

HAIL TO ANUB'ARAK !!

Anub'arak is the former king of the nerubian kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. He was among the nerubians slaughtered in the War of the Spider and later raised by Ner'zhul the Lich King as undead to do his bidding.

Before his death

The former king of Azjol-Nerub, Anub'arak was among the nerubians slaughtered in the War of the Spider.[1] One of his most loyal commanders was Anub'Rekhan.[2] Ner'zhul the Lich King raised the high lords of the Spider Kingdom as undead to do his bidding, Anub'arak among them.[1]

Now as a malicious crypt lord, he is forced to use his powers to purge the snow swept landscape of any remaining resistance to the reign of the Lich King. Despite the pleas from his former subjects, he has been ordered to massacre many nerubians who tried to oppose the undead.
    The Road to Damnation

The crypt lord's travels with the soon-to-be-damned mage Kel'Thuzad through Azjol-Nerub and the necropolis Naxxramas are recounted in the short story "Road to Damnation". In this story the Crypt Lord is called a majordomo by Kel'Thuzad.[1]
    The Race to Icecrown

Anub'arak in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Anub'arak was sent south to meet Arthas Menethil when he arrived in Northrend. Anub'arak saved the dark prince from an attack by blood elves, before he introduced himself and told Arthas of Ner'zhul's plans. Anub'arak helped Arthas to establish a base, and then masterminded the attack on the blue dragon Sapphiron. Anub'arak told Arthas that it would take far too long to fight their way through Kael'thas and Vashj's expansive forces, and formulated a plan to go through the underground ruins of Azjol-Nerub to reach Icecrown, but warned that it would be a perilous journey.[3]

Anub'arak led Arthas into the ruined Spider Kingdom, negating many perilous traps along the way, but all the while, he fought many of his former subjects, the living nerubians, who called him the traitor king for serving the Lich King, who had destroyed Azjol-Nerub.[3]

As they entered the kingdom, they encountered survivors of Muradin's expedition, now led by Baelgun, who reported that an ancient evil had been released beneath the kingdom, and that they would not allow any to open the Inner Kingdom's doors. Anub'arak and Arthas defeated the troublesome dwarves and broke into the Inner Kingdom.[4] Soon, they came upon the evil the dwarves had spoken of - the Faceless Ones - strange, malformed creatures who had been imprisoned beneath the earth in ages long forgotten. They even faced off with a Forgotten One, a creature of great power and resilience.[5]

Upon entering the Upper Kingdom, an earthquake separated Anub'arak from Arthas, and Anub'arak and his minions dug fervently through the rubble to get to Arthas before he killed himself in one of the many booby traps laden throughout the halls of Azjol-Nerub's Inner Kingdom.[6] Impressed at Arthas' resilience, when he found him, Anub'arak quickly ushered him out of Azjol-Nerub and to the surface, where they were immediately engaged with Illidan Stormrage and his servants in a battle for the Frozen Throne. [7]

Anub'arak was quick to the battle, defending Arthas as he magically activated the four obelisks surrounding Icecrown's pinnacle. Finally, all four were active, and Anub'arak stood by as Arthas climbed the stairs to his destiny.

Deleted
    You didnt raid alot HCs if you honestly think that his HC was remotely one of the hardest. Everything which was hard about this fight could be easily avoided by chain spamming Holy Wrath or using BV stacked shield tanks.

Hell, he wasnt even the hardest fight in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You didnt raid alot HCs if you honestly think that his HC was remotely one of the hardest. Everything which was hard about this fight could be easily avoided by chain spamming Holy Wrath or using BV stacked shield tanks.

weren't the people using the holy wrath strat banned for exploitation?

and hard part was doing it without any wipes wasn't it
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-02-03 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted

learn to read, Anubarak 25hc not Anubarak in Azjol Nerub 5m kid. Of course he was hardest, Twins also was hard but all rest was so easy.
    Last edited by mmoc09b04bb699; 2013-02-03 at 01:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyboy85 View Post
    learn to read, Anubarak 25hc not Anubarak in Azjol Nerub 5m kid.
    Learn to read yourself.... "You didn't RAID..." - He means the ToC version obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Healer had a difficult job in P3, aside from that it was mostly preperation in terms of raid setup, without a Holy Priest or enough Md's / TotT this Encounter was one giant pain.

Deleted
    I'm Grand Crusader you MoP kids

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 09:20 PM.

gratz, i guess

Deleted
    A very interesting and prominent lore character who was deserving end boss of a Azjol Nerub raid of his own and at least his own model completely butchered by Blizzard. He isn't the first though, nor will he be the last.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 01:59 PM ----------

"MoP kids" oh dear, is this wrath babbies trying to pull out the veteran card? Well it was coming I suppose.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 09:20 PM.

I have the mount (out of the chest, not from the achievement)
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-02-03 at 02:04 PM.

what is this i dont even

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 09:21 PM.

The fact that they re-used him several times shows a lack of creativity and thought put into ToC. Just my thought. Heroic anub wasn't that hard anyways if you had tanks at avoidance cap and enough pallis to keep the adds chain stunned.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

He is talking about Anub25hc, and he is right about cheesing it with 5 paladins (Paragon did it in the world first kill) but he's underestimating the encounter's difficulty by saying it was "remotely one of the hardest". For the whole of wotlk, anub25hc was most likely top6 hardest bosses (for the first few weeks when you didnt have massive block gear / full hc dps gear to add healers for p3), with the other 5 being pretty obvious. As for saying he wasnt even the hardest in the instance is just a retarded statement since worms, jaraxxus, pvp council and twins were all subpar difficulty wise compared to wotlk's _hard_ bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post

"MoP kids" oh dear, is this wrath babbies trying to pull out the veteran card? Well it was coming I suppose.
    Those that started in wotlk are now as much veterans as vanilla players in wrath.

Hahahaha this thread :P Wrath babies !! No you MoP kid !!! hahaha. Grow up people.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of Anub Arak, I think of the beetle deserts in temple of doom.

Deleted
    learn to read, Anubarak 25hc not Anubarak in Azjol Nerub 5m kid. Of course he was hardest, Twins also was hard but all rest was so easy.
    You not only just proved that you've no idea of the raid instance or his HC, but also that you didnt even play during this expansion. Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should've made a better work with him. I wanted Azjol'nerub to be a zone on its own, and Anub'arak to be the last boss of a "spider-themed" raid.
    I don't think he fits too well in ToC.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This HC was easy.. sure not one of the easist, but still easy.

Deleted
    Dayum.. ALL the personal insults..

Also, there've been way harder HCs than this.

Yogg 25 0K?

Not a HC per se, but you get my point.