Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quick question. Are these hacks only on PC's or also on the consoles? I'm guessing consoles already have auto-aim but that isn't instant-head-shotting autoaim like that video.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

When was the last first person shooter than didn't have aimbots ?

Deleted
    Even hackers need to beta test their hacks. Is the open beta pc only or also on consoles?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the big deal. I find it funny even. Reminds me of the time there was some hunter on live going 500% movement speed in wsg and we still won because he had whites and was like 1 shot by everybody. That was just funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is actually hacking in TotalBuiscuits WTF Is video, 28'ish minutes in..

http://youtu.be/aD-uKpkc0LM?t=28m5s

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    This guy is actually hacking in TotalBuiscuits WTF Is video, 28'ish minutes in..

http://youtu.be/aD-uKpkc0LM?t=28m5s
    Iwatched it, but all I see is TB's gut feeling. No actual proof. No that I'm arguing whether he is or is not hacking. I just feel it's nothing solid.

There will always be hacks. There will always be ppl making a fortune on hacks and there will always be ppl hacking. There is teams hacking to piss ppl off. There is ppl hacking to make them feel good about themselves.

Hacks in a beta is nothing new

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happenes with your multiplayer experience when FPS games are infested with hitscan weaponry.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Try playing MW3, since day 1 it's infested with aimbots, wallhackers, admin tool abusers and whatnot. IW doesn't care, even if they decide to ban them the majority of them knows the risks and just buys a new key and continues cheating for months at a time again. And with cheating I mean aimbotting, hours upon hours a day, every single day of the week, I know MW3 is "old" because of BO2 right now but when there's players with over 200k kills solely from botting without getting banned you just get frustrated.

This will happen to every shooter out there on pc and until they find a way to permanently ban those hackers PC gaming will always be overrun with people trying to cheat one way or another.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Iwatched it, but all I see is TB's gut feeling. No actual proof. No that I'm arguing whether he is or is not hacking. I just feel it's nothing solid.
    So having a video of someone jumping around with a sniper getting headshots only is not proof of hacking?

Good thing I only play Crysis for the singleplayer...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    So having a video of someone jumping around with a sniper getting headshots only is not proof of hacking?

Depends on the game/how often/circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post

Well, It might be due to not being used to playing Crysis online, but I didn't see anything in the video that made you immediately recognize 'Sniper + jumping around while also making headshot after headshot'. All I saw was a guy hopping around and a score screen with 17/1 k/d.

If the structure is client side, the game is bound to have hackers.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

I'm curious, do you have sources?
    EA and the person who runs battlelog for battlefield 3 have admitted they were hacked. You can even read the battlelog log discussion forums on there and you'll see page after page of people getting their origin account hacked and their cd keys removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    That's what happenes with your multiplayer experience when FPS games are infested with hitscan weaponry.

Yup, only an issue with games using hitscan weapons.

Don't kid yourself, people will find a way to cheat in any game, and they will make hacks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    EA and the person who runs battlelog for battlefield 3 have admitted they were hacked. You can even read the battlelog log discussion forums on there and you'll see page after page of people getting their origin account hacked and their cd keys removed.
    Was there a confirmed breach, or are their account security measures shit? I haven't touched Origin since BF3 beta so I'm not sure what kind of secondary security measures they have (IP/System verification, limited login attempts, secondary passwords/keycodes ect.) I know a lot of the "hackings" are people who use the same password multiple places and get it accessed elsewhere or have something similar happen.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-04 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Was there a confirmed breach, or are their account security measures shit? I haven't touched Origin since BF3 beta so I'm not sure what kind of secondary security measures they have (IP/System verification, limited login attempts, secondary passwords/keycodes ect.) I know a lot of the "hackings" are people who use the same password multiple places and get it accessed elsewhere or have something similar happen.
    More or less, the service was shut down about a month ago by hackers and about 230 accounts were hacked into. They don't have any security, minus the brand new personalized security question they just added this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    thats the problem isn't it, its a free game you just make a new account and your back in.
    this is why u need to open accounts with a credit / debit card.. or something people do not want to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    this is why u need to open accounts with a credit / debit card.. or something people do not want to lose.
    To be fair, the trolls/hackers usually don't last too long/make it to high level in free games. It's a critique I've heard quite often, and realistically if you look at the quality of the high level community in F2P games (MOBA/ARTS's excluded), it's not too different between F2P and subscription. Botting is more of an issue in F2P games, but it's hardly as if it doesn't exist in subscription/purchased games.

Deleted
    I'm just scared of getting the game and seeing it full of hackers after a few weeks after release.

I'm really enjoying the game since it's like playing Quake (extremely fast-paced game if you play with FOV at 80 and the Manouver perk, it's amazingly fun!) but with COD features which everyone enjoys despite people saying "hurrr it's the same freaking thing derp" and afterwards getting the game.

I'm just scared of throwing my money since I'll mainly play it for the online.

I don't see why it would be any more infested with hackers than most other online FPS games, and in my experience they're not all that common. Granted I don't have a ton fo time spent in these games, but my time in BOII, Tribes, Counter-Strike (1.x) and a few others I've yet to encounter more than a few hackers.