Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    [QUOTE=Zubacz;20097681]You need at least 12-13 people to successfully raid in 10-man. QUOTE]

Define successful?

We're a fairly casual guild with a roster of 10. We're 16/16N and have killed 4hc bosses too. No great but given the hours we put in and our unwillingness to swop out players for fights its not too shabby. If we are missing a person we ask around. All of us have viable offspecs so we can mix and match to make things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Define successful?

We're a fairly casual guild with a roster of 10. We're 16/16N and have killed 4hc bosses too. No great but given the hours we put in and our unwillingness to swop out players for fights its not too shabby. If we are missing a person we ask around. All of us have viable offspecs so we can mix and match to make things work.
    Pugging people to fill the gaps does not work very well on low pop realms and it could be pretty hard to find any good players willing to join a normal progression run on realms with higher frequency and quality pugs since people expect a fast and smooth run. Not saying it's impossible, which your progress clearly proves it isn't, but just that it is generally easier if you have a roster at around 12 people rather on relying on randoms if even one person is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    So the guild im in will soon start our 10m raiding. This is our Setup.

Prot Warr ( Me ) No offspecc.
    Prot Paladin - Retri Offspecc
    Resto Druid-
    Resto Shaman-
    Warrior Fury
    Hunter Survival
    Mage Arcane
    Monk Windwalker
    Rogue - Combat/Assa.

We're thinking of recruiting a Affli lock / Frost dk / Disc/SP priest.
    I havent raided MoP 10 myself, so i cant tell if 3 or 2 healers is enough.

Now to the question,
    Should you have 3 healers or is 2 enough?
    If 2 is enough, what class should be best with our team?

/Demcrazy.
    My suggestions to you:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    Have the Priest have a heal OS for when you need it

Deleted
    Definitely disc priest for 3rd healer.

you're 0/16 NORMAL

all this 'ret is weaker than blah blah' is ridiculous.

that stuff only matters to the top of the elite. any 2% differences between classes means NOTHING. you're not at the level where you will even notice anything like that.

just find people that are fun and helpful etc. their class DOES. NOT. MATTER. all you need is 2 tanks and 3 healers. the actual classes are not important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    just find people that are fun and helpful etc. their class DOES. NOT. MATTER. all you need is 2 tanks and 3 healers. the actual classes are not important.
    ^ So much this. As I said in my post earlier you can kill things with any setup, some bosses just have to be handled creativly if you have too much of certain people.
    If you want to get raiding on the way, get
    * 2 tanks (at least one with DPS OS, and the one with DPS OS should be willing to lay it if needede) - you have 2 tanks
    * 3 healers (1 with DPS OS which they should be willing to play) - you have 2 healers
    * 5 DPS, which class/spec doesn't matter. - you have 5 DPS, your hunter can provide 1 buff/debuff that you are missing.

Get any healer you can get hold of (even if it rdruid or rshaman even), start raiding. See how many people are always there, find out who cannot be there when you raid on some days. Once you have figured that out, then start looking for what you miss or recruit some extra people.

Beside, you have no progress this late to show, most people are searching for at least 16/16 NM clear and to start HC or even full HC progress. So just take what you can get your hands off, as long as that person brings the players, not the class/role.

Once you progress further, only then you should start thinking of the ideal setup or ideal class balance. But things will die the same if people are good.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-05 at 06:50 AM.

Most 10m fights are two heal especially on Heroic. We are 10/16 H (Almost 12/16 H) We use a Hpal / R Sham / Disc. Not gonna lie Resto shamans are pretty much garbage in 10m on "Most" fights compared to pretty much any other heal class. Have your Resto shaman be the offspec DPS for 2 heal fights and get a Disc or Hpal and your golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Most 10m fights are two heal especially on Heroic. We are 10/16 H (Almost 12/16 H) We use a Hpal / R Sham / Disc. Not gonna lie Resto shamans are pretty much garbage in 10m on "Most" fights compared to pretty much any other heal class. Have your Resto shaman be the offspec DPS for 2 heal fights and get a Disc or Hpal and your golden.
    Didn't read first post did you? This thread is about a group in half blues (according to their tank's armory) with 0/16 normal so far. Heroics are irrelevant.

For this purpose it's already been summed up perfectly by Sonnillon 2 posts above me; get 2 tanks and 3 healers, ideally 1 of each with an offspec, any class. If you're 0/16 at this point you don't exactly have the luxury of picking up classes, so start with filling your roster and killing stuff, and then worry about optimization if you deem it appropriate.

Deleted
    We started really late and had a server xfer from some mains so allot of people re-leveled the setup weve had success with is pretty standard but lets face it you dont need to really optimize to progress steadily.

Our setup:

Prot Paladin
    Guardian Druid

Mistweaver Monk
    Holy Paladin
    Holy/Disc Priest

Enhance/Ele Shaman
    Mage 1
    Mage 2
    Hunter
    Death Knight/Fury Warrior