1. #1
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    461

    What exactly goes through Blizzard's head?

    Its now been proven that Blizzard has been suspending or banning players that have done nothing wrong in their Win-trading crusade, yet nothing is ever done about the hundreds of bots running around in BGs. Are they lazy or just incompetent?

  2. #2
    Mistakes can happen. No one is 100% perfect.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Its now been proven that Blizzard has been suspending or banning players that have done nothing wrong in their Win-trading crusade, yet nothing is ever done about the hundreds of bots running around in BGs. Are they lazy or just incompetent?
    Just because a friend of friend states they didn't win-trade doesn't mean they didn't.

  4. #4
    Win-Trade?

    You mean they won if fairly and do with it as they please?... or They ninja need it to themselves as a loot master then sell off the piece for gold?

  5. #5
    Let me see if I understand you correctly.

    Blizzard has admitted that their suspending of SOME of the players accused of manipulating arena rankings may have been a mistake, and as such they are moving to rectify that mistake by rescinding those suspensions. And because of this honest admission of a mistake and stellar move to rectify said mistake you are upset that they aren't more agressive with botting... something that has absolutely nothing to do with win-trading at all.

    Hi. I like Oranges but I hate ferrets because Purple. That's your argument right there.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,671
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Are they lazy or just incompetent?
    Neither. They work hard and know better than any gaming company what they are doing.

    The problem with blizzard+bots is that they are cheap and greedy.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Let me see if I understand you correctly.

    Blizzard has admitted that their suspending of SOME of the players accused of manipulating arena rankings may have been a mistake, and as such they are moving to rectify that mistake by rescinding those suspensions. And because of this honest admission of a mistake and stellar move to rectify said mistake you are upset that they aren't more agressive with botting... something that has absolutely nothing to do with win-trading at all.

    Hi. I like Oranges but I hate ferrets because Purple. That's your argument right there.
    My problem is that Blizzard is inventing an "issue" to correct wrongfully instead of doing anything about the plague of botters that have been ruining the game for years.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    My problem is that Blizzard is inventing an "issue" to correct wrongfully instead of doing anything about the plague of botters that have been ruining the game for years.
    win-trading isn't a real issue? How is that not a real issue?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Neither. They work hard and know better than any gaming company what they are doing.

    The problem with blizzard+bots is that they are cheap and greedy.
    RBG win trading has done more to destroy competitive PvP than botting in random bgs.

  10. #10
    It's probably also a bit easier for Blizzard to discern win-trading over botting. Botting utilizes 3rd party applications that are growing more sophisticated so as to bypass Warden. It takes time to prove that the user is USING a bot when you cannot detect the bot.

    With win-trading I imagine there were clearer scenarios where you had A vs B and A just sat down and died, using no defensives, healing, or attacks of any kind. And then you'd have A vs B again but this time B would squat down and die. In a scenario like that it's pretty easy to see what's going on just reviewing logs.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Its now been proven that Blizzard has been suspending or banning players that have done nothing wrong in their Win-trading crusade, yet nothing is ever done about the hundreds of bots running around in BGs. Are they lazy or just incompetent?
    write a program and sell it to blizzard to deal with bots, you'll earn millions.

    on a serious note: look up about bots and warden don't be so naive

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Just because a friend of friend states they didn't win-trade doesn't mean they didn't.
    We are now talking about top RBG players. People who MET wintraders at 2.6k+ rating.
    They are now getting banned because the new "system" works like this; If you havent done enough spells during a RBG it takes you for a wintrader, because wintraders doesnt use spells, they just cap flags etc as fast as possible. But, at some occasions wintraders meet REAL TEAMS, and the wintraders doesnt join except one player who warns the rest not to join. Now, the REAL team doesnt use any spells, because they dont have any opponents. So the system now thinks their wintraders, and ban them.

  13. #13
    is that right Macho? interesting stuff.

    in thatr case add a line to the program about facing a single player and give them the benifit of the doubt but put a flag on the accounts and if this happens repeatedly perhaps they could investigate further. meh i dunno that may be alot of work on there part.

  14. #14
    Blizz doesn't care about cheating in PvP because PvP, unlike PvE, doesn't get new content that could be "spoiled" by people by people using exploits or such.

    New raid instance getting cleared by exploiting some bug? "Oh shit, we've spent months making this crap, insta-ban the entire raid/guild!"

    Win-trading/exploits/botting in (R)BG/Arena? "Meh, it's just some people getting gear/title that looks slightly different than last season's, who cares?"

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,671
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    What exactly goes through Blizzard's head?
    2$+1$=3$

    3$-0.5$=2.5$ > 3$+1$=4$


    $

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Blizz doesn't care about cheating in PvP because PvP, unlike PvE, doesn't get new content that could be "spoiled" by people by people using exploits or such.
    Blizzard cares about ALL cheating which results in some players experiencing a diminished game experience. The fact that they don't manage to deal with every case of cheating instantly does not constitute evidence to the contrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    New raid instance getting cleared by exploiting some bug? "Oh shit, we've spent months making this crap, insta-ban the entire raid/guild!"
    That is not the reason. When a group cheats to beat a boss, it puts other players who are competing for world or server firsts (or any kind of ranking) at a disadvantage. Top end PvE raiding is a form of PvP in that you are competing in a race against other players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Win-trading/exploits/botting in (R)BG/Arena? "Meh, it's just some people getting gear/title that looks slightly different than last season's, who cares?"
    If they genuinely didn't care, then why the ban wave? Of course they care. They care because cheaters spoil the game for non-cheaters, causing them to become more likely to quit the game. Cheating harms the reputation of game and deters new players from joining the game.

    In short, cheating harms the long term profitability of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •