Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Caylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Posts
    1,212
    best tip i can give, is to tune out a radio ( tune it to the hiss) and listen to that while going to sleep. That way its never really perfectly silent.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Ah tinnitus... it's not labeled "curse from the gods" for nothing. I had it for almost 2 years , only in right ear, non-stop (well almost). Things i learned is that doctors don't know sh!t about it. They all look in ear, but in like 90% of the time, tinnitus is a simptom for some other imbalance in the body.
    Most know causes for tinnitus:
    1) Check the neck (first few "disks" from the spine could be dislocated and can block proper bloodflow, visit osteopath for threatment. That's why ginko biloba can & does help in good number of cases (stimulates blood flow, but still you should remove cause, not only simptom. One can do neck and head exercises at home to improve blood flow also)
    2) Diet (raw food diet or even paleo diet can cure you of tinnitus. Avoid ALL processed foods, remove sugar,salt,gluten,...eat & drink as clean as you can)
    3) Tinnitus is also be "cured" by anti antidepressant drugs. That why some also called it "voice of the soul". It can be caused by repressed feeling or depression. In many cases with antidepressant it dissapears completly. If you have "emotion-based tinnitus" I strongly recommend you to use EFT (emotional freedom technique). EFT does wonders people! It's free, quick,almost to good to be true. Google it!
    I feel like for a few reasons you need to be hit.
    First off low blood flow to your brain isn't going to cause Tinnitus, before it caused many many other Symptoms These raw food diets are also starting to piss me off. you do lose nutrients when you cook some foods however it it can and will severely lower your chance of getting sick from said food. eating raw veggies is a good thing, only eating raw food isn't however. gluten is not bad if you're not allergic and Salt and sugar are needed by your body in moderation.

    For the last one as someone on a lot of mental medicines stop. If they were depressed they would know it. and I really doubt that is a cause of of Their tinnitus. and if it was depression can be handled like it should be.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

  3. #23
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    I feel like for a few reasons you need to be hit.
    First off low blood flow to your brain isn't going to cause Tinnitus, before it caused many many other Symptoms These raw food diets are also starting to piss me off. you do lose nutrients when you cook some foods however it it can and will severely lower your chance of getting sick from said food. eating raw veggies is a good thing, only eating raw food isn't however. gluten is not bad if you're not allergic and Salt and sugar are needed by your body in moderation.

    For the last one as someone on a lot of mental medicines stop. If they were depressed they would know it. and I really doubt that is a cause of of Their tinnitus. and if it was depression can be handled like it should be.
    This too, stop spreading bullshit.

    There is no cure for tinnitus. Which is unfortunate because I would pay a fortune for it.

  4. #24
    Field Marshal Mshaylle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    69
    I've had in since forever... even my mother used to say I wouldn't sleep unless she was vacuuming, the sound helped. I sleep with fans on, all year, for the noise they make. Otherwise when it's too quiet.. the ringing starts.. and gets louder.. and louder.. and louder.. *twitch* I always have some form of background noise on. Usually the radio at low during the day. Have had my hearing tested and it was pretty good in fact. I hear a lot of things most don't, or at least well before they do. Just don't ever stick me into a sensory deprivation chamber >.<

  5. #25
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    I do, usually I cant even hear it unless im in a quiet place, its not that bad though I kinda brought it on myself by not wearing earplugs at raves and stuff.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You should talk to your doctor. Right now it appears that you are totally uneducated as to this condition's various causes. Yes, some people have tinnitus their whole lives. There are a number of treatments that can help you out though if you talk to a medical professional and not a bunch of random gamers on a message board.
    Dont assume people in here are simply bunch of gamers, gaming is not a profession (for most) and lot of us do have medicine backgrounds or knowledge aside from games.
    Tinnitus is not my area but i did study it in pathology, honestly you can find enough information on the internet so i dont think OP is looking for medical advice per se, but more towards other people's experiences and ways to deal with it.

    Everyone deals with things differently, medicine in general is sadly too generalizing, what cures one person might do crap all to another, even worsen it, so yes, asking other people who had it for experiences might help the OP more than just visiting a general practitioner, it also has its own risk obviously, but its not bad to ask people for advice to complement what the doctors say.

    Also talking with other people might not just give you "solutions" or things that help with it, it might do something even more important, it might give you an underlying cause, pathologies can be caused by numerous things and GP's focus on treating symptoms which is fine and many times deals with the disease, but it doesnt always and many times the patients arent educated enough to allow them to give a GP enough information to understand the underlying causes, talking with other people might reveal something very mundane in the eyes of the OP that is actually crucial and will further help with treatments.

    That said, dont try to take on cures that can have adverse effects without talking with an actual doctor.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-02-03 at 07:35 PM.

  7. #27
    Some of the people here who says they've had it their whole life doesnt really have tinnitus. Everyone hears a certain high pitch ring if you really concentrate to it. It doesnt mean that you have tinnitus.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    I feel like for a few reasons you need to be hit.
    First off low blood flow to your brain isn't going to cause Tinnitus, before it caused many many other Symptoms These raw food diets are also starting to piss me off. you do lose nutrients when you cook some foods however it it can and will severely lower your chance of getting sick from said food. eating raw veggies is a good thing, only eating raw food isn't however. gluten is not bad if you're not allergic and Salt and sugar are needed by your body in moderation.

    For the last one as someone on a lot of mental medicines stop. If they were depressed they would know it. and I really doubt that is a cause of of Their tinnitus. and if it was depression can be handled like it should be.
    I said HEAD not brain ffs. Tinnitus almost drove me insane. And if I would listen to the doctors or people like you, and settled with "there's no cure", i would still had it now. But I probably read every bit of information i could find online about tinnitus. Official, unofficial, alternative threatment, ayurveda,...just name it. So yeah, I would say i know about tinnitus just about everything one can know. I post this that someone can use it in good faith, cos i know it's fucking one of the most anoying things one can get. And yeah, there is A LOT you can do to make T dissapear, I just named few most common things i KNOW it works, so make yourself usefull and post someting constructive for a change, not just fucking bashing things you clearly don't know nothing about.

  9. #29
    Field Marshal Mshaylle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Some of the people here who says they've had it their whole life doesnt really have tinnitus. Everyone hears a certain high pitch ring if you really concentrate to it. It doesnt mean that you have tinnitus.
    Been diagnosed with it by a few doctors. Possibly due to a couple of head trauma incidents as a child. Some can have it their whole life. Concentrating doesn't bring it on.. it's there.. it's always there, even behind the background noises. There's no 'turning it off or on'. For me, the noise is akin to someone having left a tv on but no picture is present. That high pitched hissing whine that just keeps raising in volume.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,557
    Yeah. Probably because I listen to too much music much too loudly.


    From my psycho study I know that tinnitus is mostly a psychological thing and that you can ignore it. The more I think about it, the louder it gets.

  11. #31
    I believe Gav from the miracleofsound youtube channel was diagnosed with permanent tinnitus I think. Sounds like a real pain.

  12. #32
    Pandaren Monk Jayburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Posts
    1,923
    I can only hear it when i'm trying to fall asleep. Is that normal?
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"

    --- Benjamin Franklin

    Grimjak -- Stormreaver Server --Quite possibly the world's greatest raid finder fury warrior. One time tank long time ago.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I believe Gav from the miracleofsound youtube channel was diagnosed with permanent tinnitus I think. Sounds like a real pain.
    Naaah not really, the body adapts quite well, you would be surprised by the amount of people who are unaware of the constant muscle pain they are in until someone touches the spot or they have to go into muscle relaxants and then come off, or get a massage, then its hell because they become aware of it and takes a while to get in the background once again.

    It will be a pain at start ,then he will get used to it

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I can only hear it when i'm trying to fall asleep. Is that normal?
    Yes, and that can mean that the tinnitus you have is caused by infection, but not garanteed.

    Cortisol levels drop around 23-24, this is why a lot of problems get aggravated at night.

    Or it can mean it is so quiet you only notice it while its silent enough, or it can have to do with body position, im sure there are other reasons but those are the most apparent to me right now... check with a doctor.

    Edit: what is your age?
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-02-03 at 08:21 PM.

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk Jayburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Naaah not really, the body adapts quite well, you would be surprised by the amount of people who are unaware of the constant muscle pain they are in until someone touches the spot or they have to go into muscle relaxants and then come off, or get a massage, then its hell because they become aware of it and takes a while to get in the background once again.

    It will be a pain at start ,then he will get used to it

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:17 PM ----------



    Yes, and that can mean that the tinnitus you have is caused by infection, but not garanteed.

    Cortisol levels drop around 23-24, this is why a lot of problems get aggravated at night.

    Or it can mean it is so quiet you only notice it while its silent enough, or it can have to do with body position, im sure there are other reasons but those are the most apparent to me right now... check with a doctor.

    Edit: what is your age?
    43

    Had bad ears my whole life..wore a hearing aid as a kid but stopped using it. Always had problems with my ear plugging up with crap too.
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"

    --- Benjamin Franklin

    Grimjak -- Stormreaver Server --Quite possibly the world's greatest raid finder fury warrior. One time tank long time ago.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    43

    Had bad ears my whole life..wore a hearing aid as a kid but stopped using it. Always had problems with my ear plugging up with crap too.
    Pressure can cause it yes, the fact that it only happens at night can still have to do with infection although i would think more akin due to being prone blood pressure rises a bit to the head (isnt working against gravity anymore), together with the pressure exerted by a blockage it can produce the sound.

    Keep in mind this is not a proper diagnosis, i cant do that via the internet nor as just a student unethical, but that is what comes to mind, if it bothers you you should seek a doctor

  16. #36
    Hi

    It was Mid-2011 when I got a tinnitus with 23 on my right ear, mainly because of working like a bitch and no other activities to compensate everything. Result is a permanent tinnitus with 17 KHz (it's exactly the sound of old TV's when they are on). Threatments were several meds over weeks and months with heavy side effects...
    What I was told by several docs: every person has tinnitus, and in very quiet situations nearly everone can hear it but does not recognize it as one. There is no real working therapy to fully "defeat" a tinnitus at all, but the working one's for most of the people were
    1) find music with sounds that have an overlay-effect to forget about the little man in your ears
    2) avoid stress and try to learn methods to relieve stress
    3) change your life and your habits, there is something thats going really really wrong, try to find & work on it

    Of course, there are some therapies that work for some people, i.e. laser-therapy and others offered in the hospital, but the physical explanation is synapse misfire in the specific sound frequency and in current medicine is no working operation or medical threatment to fix it.

    Hope this helps for some better understanding, and sorry for the "bad english"
    Regards from Austria

  17. #37
    Dreadlord Craakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland/Denmark
    Posts
    856
    I've noticed the ringing many many times, but never actually wondered what it was.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    I said HEAD not brain ffs. Tinnitus almost drove me insane. And if I would listen to the doctors or people like you, and settled with "there's no cure", i would still had it now. But I probably read every bit of information i could find online about tinnitus. Official, unofficial, alternative threatment, ayurveda,...just name it. So yeah, I would say i know about tinnitus just about everything one can know. I post this that someone can use it in good faith, cos i know it's fucking one of the most anoying things one can get. And yeah, there is A LOT you can do to make T dissapear, I just named few most common things i KNOW it works, so make yourself usefull and post someting constructive for a change, not just fucking bashing things you clearly don't know nothing about.
    Welcome to the 21st century, where people believe doctors and yet somehow most of the population is becoming dumber, fatter, more sterile, less physically fit, gets worse eyesight and hearing, eating and sleep problems, you name it!

  19. #39
    Yep i got this ..... think since i was like 4-5 had some ear truble and got some ...erhh dunno the english word for it *drain* ? in kept falling out tho so was put in a few times .. i think its from that.


    dont realy note it anymore as i cant *hear* it with tv or radio on .. and i got that all the time even when i go to sleep ( on timer ofc )

  20. #40
    I've had tinnitus ever since about 8 years old. Finally went to the doctor about it when I was 18 and he pretty much told me the same thing as everyone else. There is no cure and just learn to live with it so that's what I have done. I can tune it out for the most part during the day when there is lots of noise it's just trying to fall asleep that is the killer for me. I've learned that turning a fan on when trying to fall asleep works wonders, white noise is the best and for me it's the soothing sound of a running fan, can hardly hear the tinnitus at all and for some reason, any sound other than my own tinnitus is better than silence. Hope this advice finds someone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •