Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient holyevil44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    quebec,canada,na,earth
    Posts
    214

    the only way to get out of bronze now is ...

    to get lucky for about 50 game in a row till you reach silver . in the pre season i was 1k-1.1k elo wen pre season ended i got dropped to 5th bronze i reach 100 lp about 6 time now and ea time i do my promotion match i get trolls feeder and people rage quit,




    tldr if you don't get lucky you will probably never get out of bronze now. elo has become allot worst!

  2. #2
    Best way for you to get out of bronze and into silver is to create a smurf account, level it to 30, have a fresh start, and get back into the tier where you belong.

  3. #3
    There is no such thing as elo hell..

    You get the rating or division what you are worth.

    My bad playing friends are in bronze they say the same thing you say, they dont see they are just baddies.

    My better playing friends are in higher devisions. I am stuck on silver 2. Its where i belong atm and i am trying to become a better player.

  4. #4
    The Patient holyevil44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    quebec,canada,na,earth
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    There is no such thing as elo hell..

    You get the rating or division what you are worth.

    My bad playing friends are in bronze they say the same thing you say, they dont see they are just baddies.

    My better playing friends are in higher devisions. I am stuck on silver 2. Its where i belong atm and i am trying to become a better player.
    you clearly did not ready what i am saying if you don't have luck you are dead iam not saying i should be in top 1 silver but try to play whit 4 people that feed wen you mid than 1/2 of them go afk in you promotion game ? yes that mean if you dont get lucky you stay at the bottom i am suppose to be at least at top 1 bronze i just cant win more than 1 promotion game due to crap people

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    There is no such thing as elo hell..

    You get the rating or division what you are worth.

    My bad playing friends are in bronze they say the same thing you say, they dont see they are just baddies.

    My better playing friends are in higher devisions. I am stuck on silver 2. Its where i belong atm and i am trying to become a better player.
    There very clearly is.

    You just never experienced it. How can you say something doesn't exist when you have not experienced it yourself.

    And no, no, you can't carry every single game yourself.

  6. #6
    The Patient Alucen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    253
    Considering my friend has already climbed from bronze 3 to silver 5, its completely possible.
    Thanks to esevenf for the signature

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    There very clearly is.

    You just never experienced it. How can you say something doesn't exist when you have not experienced it yourself.

    And no, no, you can't carry every single game yourself.
    I think all of the people saying elo hell doesn't exist (and I am one of them) don't say that you can carry all games. Only most which will result in you rising.

    I have played on the account of a friend who was stuck at 800 elo... I was there and I've seen things so stupid, I didn't even think they were possible. The difference to higher elo games is that you have to do everything yourself. You have to completely destroy your lane (not just kills. deny exp and cs!) and keep an other lane weak as well by repeatedly roaming. Sounds like much but if the skill difference is really that high as most people claim it to be, it is easy to do.

    As if that wasn't enough you have to tell people what to do and give people tips. Be friendly and polite and most people will listen.

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    9,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    There is no such thing as elo hell..

    You get the rating or division what you are worth.

    My bad playing friends are in bronze they say the same thing you say, they dont see they are just baddies.

    My better playing friends are in higher devisions. I am stuck on silver 2. Its where i belong atm and i am trying to become a better player.
    Sure there is. You get games where everyone is fine.... and then you get games like what I had just today, with someone feeding 0/9 and then DCing. Over the course of a long time things will normalize even if you don't get lucky, but luck is a fickle thing ultimately.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    There is no such thing as elo hell..

    You get the rating or division what you are worth.

    My bad playing friends are in bronze they say the same thing you say, they dont see they are just baddies.

    My better playing friends are in higher devisions. I am stuck on silver 2. Its where i belong atm and i am trying to become a better player.
    Lol, you clearly don't play often or in season 3 yet
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweeping dust at Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,319
    Elo Hell is just a term for people who think they're better than they are.

    Trust me, the skill gap is pretty wide. What seems like really simple things might be a bit harder to grasp than one thinks.

  11. #11
    the only way to get out of any bracket/league/whatever you want to call it is to have a positive win rating.
    sure you can get lucky and win 40 games in a row but gaining rating is slow work and takes months. say you win 70% of your games, that is Forellenlord win rate right there, that means for every 10 games you play you will gain 4 games of rating (7 games won, 3 lost, 7-3 = 4). if you want to average it a normal game takes for the sake of math 30 minutes to play. 30*10=300. 300/60 = 5. so for 4 games of gain you should be playing 5 hours of LoL, assuming of course you're as pro as pro gets. most likely you aren't seeing as you aren't playing on a smurf and it will take you considerable effort to work your way out.

    but on the bright side the amount of time spent fighting for small gains will make you a much better player rocketing yourself out of bronze in no time

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    the only way to get out of any bracket/league/whatever you want to call it is to have a positive win rating.
    sure you can get lucky and win 40 games in a row but gaining rating is slow work and takes months. say you win 70% of your games, that is Forellenlord win rate right there, that means for every 10 games you play you will gain 4 games of rating (7 games won, 3 lost, 7-3 = 4). if you want to average it a normal game takes for the sake of math 30 minutes to play. 30*10=300. 300/60 = 5. so for 4 games of gain you should be playing 5 hours of LoL, assuming of course you're as pro as pro gets. most likely you aren't seeing as you aren't playing on a smurf and it will take you considerable effort to work your way out.

    but on the bright side the amount of time spent fighting for small gains will make you a much better player rocketing yourself out of bronze in no time
    To gain elo you just need a slightly higher win rate than loss rate, just over 50/50

    Many top players have very close win/loss. Voyboy for example had something like 270 won and 210 lost. (which is pretty good) I dunno why I quoted you, I suppose it was just because it's somewhat on the same topic. (so not trying to argue here) :P

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Elo Hell exists at all levels. There is no Elo Hell; the people who compose it (Trollers, Flamers, Feeder, etc) exist at all levels of the game. While it may not be possible to carry every game, if you're good you should still be able to win ~55-60% of your games. As long as you consistently win and are consistently playing well, you WILL climb. Hell, in terms of statistics, you have a possible 4 members on your team who will be that "One Guy" while the other team has 5 people who could be that "One Guy." The odds are in your favor.

    Edit:

    You just never experienced it. How can you say something doesn't exist when you have not experienced it yourself.

    Do I really need to explain why this is so fucking stupid to say.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2013-02-04 at 10:22 AM.

  14. #14
    Here we are again....
    "Elo Hell is just a term for people who think they're better than they are."
    Quoting Grading.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Nirawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    How can you say something doesn't exist when you have not experienced it yourself.
    Just being pedantic but if something doesn't exist then you can't actually experience it in order to say it doesn't .

  16. #16
    Im in bronze 4 and im not having any problems.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    To gain elo you just need a slightly higher win rate than loss rate, just over 50/50

    Many top players have very close win/loss. Voyboy for example had something like 270 won and 210 lost. (which is pretty good) I dunno why I quoted you, I suppose it was just because it's somewhat on the same topic. (so not trying to argue here) :P
    win rate normalises to about 50% once you reach your skill level, i.e if everyone's equally good you're as likely to win as you are to lose. this is why a win rate of 50-55% is by far the most normal, wins from when you were gaining elo and then creeping towards 50% when you plateau.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    you clearly did not ready what i am saying if you don't have luck you are dead iam not saying i should be in top 1 silver but try to play whit 4 people that feed wen you mid than 1/2 of them go afk in you promotion game ? yes that mean if you dont get lucky you stay at the bottom i am suppose to be at least at top 1 bronze i just cant win more than 1 promotion game due to crap people
    Luck may be a factor in a small # of games, but if you continue to play, you will be at the ranking you should be. If you stay in Bronze after 100 games, it's because you belong in bronze.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Elo Hell exists at all levels. There is no Elo Hell; the people who compose it (Trollers, Flamers, Feeder, etc) exist at all levels of the game. While it may not be possible to carry every game, if you're good you should still be able to win ~55-60% of your games. As long as you consistently win and are consistently playing well, you WILL climb. Hell, in terms of statistics, you have a possible 4 members on your team who will be that "One Guy" while the other team has 5 people who could be that "One Guy." The odds are in your favor.
    This. This. This.

    It's cute when people think there's an "elo hell" just because they're low and think they deserve better. Trolling, leavers, etc, it happens at all levels of play. Any player with half a brain will tell you the exact same thing, the rest are in denial/look for any excuse to make themselves feel better.

    Be better than your current ranking == you will climb over time. If not, you'll stay. Simple as that.

    As for OP, get out of Bronze by being better - that's all there is to it.

  20. #20
    I play team ranked all the time. We are about 1400 in S3, and were the same S2. I am the ADC for our team, and aside from a few clicking errors I have (still hitting higher CS numbers regardless), the games go amazingly well. That being said, even if I duo with the same team members, and even if we both are fed and win our lanes (or I jungle and help to feed my teammates), we almost always end up losing. Currently in S3, I have about 1 win, and 8 losses, all because of the other 3 players feeding and generally sucking (even if I, as the jungler, help give them kills to win their lane). People can talk about individual skill all they want, and pretend as if "elo hell" doesn't exist, but it is the team that wins the game, especially when the enemy is fed. It is an outlier when a single person can carry a game, and any rational suggesting otherwise ignores the many factors that go into it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •