View Poll Results: Hardest boss of tier 14?

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feng the Accursed

7 2.36%
  • Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

10 3.38%
  • Reset kings (spirit kings)

23 7.77%
  • Elegon

28 9.46%
  • Will of the emperor

18 6.08%
  • Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

36 12.16%
  • Blade lord Ta'yak

9 3.04%
  • Garalon

32 10.81%
  • Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

11 3.72%
  • Amber Shaper Un'Sok

51 17.23%
  • Grand empress Shek'zeer

53 17.91%
  • Protectors of the Endless

26 8.78%
  • Tsulong

37 12.50%
  • Lei Shit

19 6.42%
  • Sha of Fear/Gear/Naps

122 41.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Not right now. Elite Protectors is basically "Do your melee have geared ranged alts?". It really isn't that hard as long as you have the roster to pull it off (3 melee + 15 ranged is the norm).

Sha is a pretty tight DPS check when you first get to it (platforms are tightly tuned) and you have to figure out a good balance of add dps to boss dps in p2. Boring, sure. Still harder than any other fight this tier.
    We killed H Elite Protectors with 7 melee dps (+2 tanks), so its definitely doable, infact that is the norm for most of our kills. Having 10+ Ranged dps does make it easier however, like most fights this tier.

H Sha is actually very easy, the dps requirement is a bit high on platforms, but thats really more about eating balls and making sure you have a good backup non tank soaker incase a platform is slow (Fury warriors, Rogues, Iceblock and BoP's make this trivial). Phase 2 Sha is kind of a joke, it revolves around 3 people playing catch and healers learning how to handle Huddle.
    The hardest part of the fight is like people said, just getting enough practice on it, because it is very long; and the whole Lei Hope buff mechanic is just silly.

Edit: Every guild has their most difficult encounter. For us; H Ambershaper was just a nightmare getting constructs down properly. Vizier ofcourse was a rediculous fight pre-nerf and still suffers really annoying RNG as to where the duplicate might spawn. And don't even get me started on pre-nerf Reset Kings!
    Last edited by Archimtiros; 2013-02-04 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlay3r View Post
    If you haven't pulled sha you shouldn't be posting opinions as facts.
    Sha wasn't that hard. Just tedious.

Was Garalon hc really considered hard? We got our first kill last night in about 8 attempts

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Empress is much harder on 25.
    i have to disagree is way more easier in 25man at least for me was waaaaaaaaay easy anyway the fight is a joke lol

Hardest fight I've tried: Vizier (Lolbugs).
    Hardest from reading guides: Either Empress or Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    Was Garalon hc really considered hard? We got our first kill last night in about 8 attempts
    Garalon is a harsh idiot check. If your group hasn't got the awareness (or has too many people trying to hump the meters), then it's bloody impossible. If your group has it all together then it's not bad now that the dps check is moot with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrogglez View Post
    of what ive been too id say heroic amber because of so much personal responsibility
    I'm a tank and what is this?

It really depends 10 vs 25. In 10man, sha hc is the most difficult fight, without any doubt (I'm 16/16 hc on 10m), in 25 (I'm speculating) seems much more "easier" (not easy, but probably is not the most difficult fight).

For 25 (I'm not done hc in 25m) I guess could be either sha or empress.
    Last edited by blaxter; 2013-02-04 at 11:47 AM.

Echo of Force and Verve.
    rip

I haven't done heroics, but as for normals I would have to say Sha of Fear, there is an extremely high chance of your raid members falling asleep during the fight...
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

Nothings really that difficult to be honest, I'm personally not a big fan of tsulong, quite a bit of rng and the adds suck for aoeing as a hunter.

tsulong. Those random gibs in day phase along with random spawn of beam on top of adds that blow it is really annoying

Personally I don't see why sha is so high. The mechanics were easy enough, it's just so long that it's mentally taxing to get sub 5% wipes for hours because of poor ball tossing/bad add slowing. The fight is really basic, just drawn out. Granted healing in p2 is somewhat difficult.

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

For my group (10), it is without a doubt Sha. Very few fights this tier have taken us more than 30 pulls, and for Sha we're over 100 and still wiping at 5% Its very easy for something to go wrong, especially 15m into the fight.

Interesting that some people from a 25m perspective say Tsulong. Fight feels like a joke. Outside of a few pulls to get the healers acquainted with timing and strong burst healing, I don't feel like there's much to fret about. Nights are extremely simple (at least in 10)

Lei Shin, the temptation to grab your PC, smash it to bits and toss it out your window is so big.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok pre-nerf.

Getting data from wowprogress: 74% of 25m guilds that have killed Tsulong have already killed sha. In 10man that percent is 38%. So comparing percents of kills from wowprogress and wol, I'd say in 25man Empress or even Will of Emperor (with the ilvl of mogushan, right now is easier obviously) seems to be harder (watching the data).
    In 10, sha obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    It really depends 10 vs 25. In 10man, sha hc is the most difficult fight, without any doubt (I'm 16/16 hc on 10m), in 25 (I'm speculating) seems much more "easier" (not easy, but probably is not the most difficult fight).

For 25 (I'm not done hc in 25m) I guess could be either sha or empress.
    10man hc sha is way harder than 25 no doubts in that but still u cant consider hc sha more hard than tsulong, vizier or amber shit. sha is just plain thedious not hard u can 1-2shot it easy after your first kill but amber shaper or vizier well...

Amber shaper heroic is not a hard fight whatsoever.

Sha is easy mechanics wise, but it still requires a good balance of dps / add control and of course is a fight of attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Empress is much harder on 25.
    There are bosses harder on 25, empress, certainly not (neither the sha). Empress is at best equal after the nerf, which certainly helped more on 10.

Anyhow, it is a very long tier. So there are not too many bosses that will block a guild entire saves (guilds which have had time to gear). Only sha, so sha it is.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-02-04 at 06:55 PM.

This poll isn't going to mean much since bosses are very different on 10/25, n/h. If you go by numbers, it's 10H Sha. If you go by pulls, it's probably pre-nerf H SK. If you go by kills, it's pre-nerf H IVZ (no kills for a few days before it was nerfed afaik) or pre-nerf Heroic Elite Protectors (same deal).

Personally (10m):
    Normal: pre-nerf Garalon (first kill was 5:50 or so before they bumped enrage), but nothing really gave us much trouble.
    Heroic: Sha of Fear, no question. Honorable mention to Amber-Shaper and Spirit Kings for being annoying as hell.