Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    There is so much misinformation and stupidity in this thread Its unbelievable. First of all, dont listen to anybody in this thread whatsoever (even if there are many completely legit replies with good solid advice you dont have the knowledge to differentiate between the good and the bad ones).

Seek the help of a professional trainer etc. about what, when and how eat along with what exercises to do. There's a difference between eating/exercising well and eating/exercising _right_. Why go for 60% efficiency when you can go for 80-90?
    TS dont waste money on a personal trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post

Dont worry about fat intake, just count calories ( yes i realize that fat has alot of calories, but you need fat. ).

And diet is one of the most important things when it comes to fitness. If you want good results.
    I'm not saying stop fat intake all together, just burn more than you intake and you'll see a huge difference, sure as hell worked for me, 3 weeks lost about 2stone, which shredded my torso, so i could stroll around a beach with no tshirt on all summer...i'm that asshole

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipht View Post
    the average person consumes roughly 100 calories for each MILE they run. 100 calories for RUNNING a mile!
    Just thought I'd point this out. You burn almost exactly the same amount walking a mile as you do running a mile. The difference is how long it takes you to burn that amount.
    Thats why most trainers recommend running a specific TIME and not a specific Distance when trying to get more fit. If you always run for an hour for example, you will keep burning more and more as you get more fit. If set out to always run say 3 miles (or whatever) you will just get done and get back to slacking faster.

This is probably a bad place to get good advice on weight loss and health in general. I suppose lots of us were in the same boat though at one time or another.
    First off diet is diet is crucial, you already know this and there is a ton of info available on it. Before diet you have to understand though, that you cant reverse years of damage in days or even just weeks. You need to develop a mind set that is sustainable, set small goals. You cant just diet and run yourself healthy, and expect it to last.

Don't do anything to drastic to begin with, your body doesn't like it when you drop your calories by a drastic amount all at once. Figure out what your calorie intake is and start dropping by a couple hundred every couple days. You might think its a great idea to go from 2500+ to 1700-, but your just gonna feel like crap and kill your motivation.

Running is a great way to start (if your a runner). I personally hate cardio so its never been real effective for me, but my wife lost almost all her weight with running. Be aware however that over time you and your body become much more efficient at running and like activities so you will burn less calories. I know that sounds a little crazy but the muscles used will become well attuned to the activity and the resistance to the activity (your weight) will become less.

Consider weight training, by building muscle you raise your resting metabolism. You can aways add more resistance to weight training so your body can never grow quite accustomed to it. The result is your get more for your time, your still burning calories with your workout, your raising your rest metabolism, and you will see your new muscles and get even more motivated. If that wasnt enough, depending on your age, you'll get a nice testosterone boost also.

Livestrong.com and bodybuilding.com are two decent resources among many. Take everything you read with a grain of salt and try to sift though the BS because there is lot of it out there. Good luck.

I dont go into too much detail but I would like to give some pointers that you will need if you want to lose weight efficiently.

First of all if your idea about efficient is to start jogging a lot and changing unhealthy food to more healthy you are not doing enough at all.
    Also you should drop the goal to drop the weight ASAP.
    It will take time to lose large amount of fat in a healthy manner and to be honest its more a lifestyle change that needs time and devotion. I would also like to add that you are most likely going to have a burnout if you start with everything at the same time.
    I would recommend that you first get the diet in order and then overtime add exercises in to your routine (because as mentioned in previous posts the diet is the most important part of your weight loss)

The most efficient way to lose the weight is a strict diet and you need to figure how to count the calories so that it is even possible to follow a strict diet. I would recommend a visit to nutritionist as they can educate you about healthy foods and make you the diet you need.
    I am sure that here are some people that could make you a diet plan with some deficit but I would say that it is essential that you know about this stuff yourself.
    Something that you could do right now is to start drinking water and stop with the coke and then start working with the diet.
    Last edited by Inay; 2013-02-04 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo

This is probably a bad place to get good advice on weight loss and health in general. I suppose lots of us were in the same boat though at one time or another.
    First off diet is diet is crucial, you already know this and there is a ton of info available on it. Before diet you have to understand though, that you cant reverse years of damage in days or even just weeks. You need to develop a mind set that is sustainable, set small goals. You cant just diet and run yourself healthy, and expect it to last.

Don't do anything to drastic to begin with, your body doesn't like it when you drop your calories by a drastic amount all at once. Figure out what your calorie intake is and start dropping by a couple hundred every couple days. You might think its a great idea to go from 2500+ to 1700-, but your just gonna feel like crap and kill your motivation.

Running is a great way to start (if your a runner). I personally hate cardio so its never been real effective for me, but my wife lost almost all her weight with running. Be aware however that over time you and your body become much more efficient at running and like activities so you will burn less calories. I know that sounds a little crazy but the muscles used will become well attuned to the activity and the resistance to the activity (your weight) will become less.

Consider weight training, by building muscle you raise your resting metabolism. You can aways add more resistance to weight training so your body can never grow quite accustomed to it. The result is your get more for your time, your still burning calories with your workout, your raising your rest metabolism, and you will see your new muscles and get even more motivated. If that wasnt enough, depending on your age, you'll get a nice testosterone boost also.

Livestrong.com and bodybuilding.com are two decent resources among many. Take everything you read with a grain of salt and try to sift though the BS because there is lot of it out there. Good luck.

Drink water instead of coke . Get a healthy diet and workout at a gym how hard can it be? on the internet there are alot of internet websites that contain alot of information for losing weight. For an example Take Simplyshredded and Bodybuilding.com.

you can even google it ''how to get lean''

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Exercise is largely irrelevant for fat loss and in many cases actually hurts your attempts to lose weight. If I need to get more detailed as to why, I will, because I know people will jump in here pretending that hitting the gym or going on 40 mile runs every day are somehow crucial elements to fat loss. They aren't.

Cut out the junk food. No sugar - no candy, no cokes, no cakes, no flour, no any of that shit. Do that and you'll lose fat, quickly, and be far healthier. It's really very easy.
    Height weight ratio is such bullshit. A healthy muscular man that's 5'10 and weighs 230 pounds has no health issues. I think the recommended weight is around 175/180 which is a twig.

Deleted
    well, don't eat shit.

Deleted
    Amphetamine diet pills wil surely work

Get rid of simple carbs. Drink water instead of any soda. It'll taste like crap for a while, but eventually you'll get used to it.
    Eat stuff with protein & some fat & fibre or make you feel full.

Biggest thing is drop all sugars/simple carbs (candy, soda, white bread, etc).

Prepare a regime and follow it. Do not break the rules since this will disrupt everything. Whatever you do take the advice of a dietician .they will let you know the right routine to use and the right food to eat on the right time.

hey, simply make a diet chart by that you can change your both routine and weight. but it is possible while you will serious about the same. thanks

Resistance training is a must. Resistance training involves using those muscles in exercises such as squats, pushups, lunges, bench press, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Hey, first time on this part of mmo-c

Firstly I wanna appologize if these types of threads are forbidden or somthing, but im kinda in need of help asap.

So, im 19 years old, soon 20. About 100kg / 220 lbs. I drink about 1-2 coke's every day, and a generally unhealthy lifestyle. Including candy etc in the weekdays.

However, I've decided to turn things around, and get fit and possibly start working out ( ripped ) as a futuristic goal.

What I need help with is. How can I loose weight efficently? I need to burn those pounds off asap. Im willing to go far as to workout and quite far within diet aswell. Considering I've been drinking / eating unhealthy all day long for years, I think its gonna be a hard change. But I wanna give it a go.

TL;DR: I'm fat and I need to lose weight asap. How to do it?

Any help would be deeply appreciated

- Warex
    You may lose weight by making some changes in your lifestyle and some dietary allowance. You should stick with as I followed the same routine for a month and I reduce around 10 kg weight in a month.
    Drink 1 liter water in a day especially before meal.
    Include eggs in your break fast
    Eat protein such as fish and seafood
    Go for the morning walk in every morning
    Do not watch TV while you are having food
    Try to eat more and more fiber
    Take a good sleep
    If you want to lose weight stick with tips and tricks. This will surely result in lose weight.

infracted
    Last edited by Crissi; 2019-12-12 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Hey, first time on this part of mmo-c

Firstly I wanna appologize if these types of threads are forbidden or somthing, but im kinda in need of help asap.

So, im 19 years old, soon 20. About 100kg / 220 lbs. I drink about 1-2 coke's every day, and a generally unhealthy lifestyle. Including candy etc in the weekdays.

However, I've decided to turn things around, and get fit and possibly start working out ( ripped ) as a futuristic goal.

What I need help with is. How can I loose weight efficently? I need to burn those pounds off asap. Im willing to go far as to workout and quite far within diet aswell. Considering I've been drinking / eating unhealthy all day long for years, I think its gonna be a hard change. But I wanna give it a go.

TL;DR: I'm fat and I need to lose weight asap. How to do it?

Any help would be deeply appreciated

- Warex
    drop the coke first and foremost that is the nr 1 reason thats keeping you fat,search for a good diet plan,get plenty of sleep and start doing daily walks,gradualy increasing in distance,but you should seek the advice of a pro,individual needs can differ

15+ Year Old Account
    Cut out all that sugar and start training multiple days. You just have to eat healthy and exercise, do weight training if you want muscle growth

damn bro, wtf is this necro, are you people even reading when this post was created, jeeeeesh

Drink a bunch of water (Not right before or after your meal). Control the portion of your diet, dont hesitate when you want to eat something but dont overdo it. Dont sleep right after eating. And well try to keep yourself active. Exercise is NOT a must but it accounts for 30% of your weight loss. Not discouraging it, its just a fact

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    damn bro, wtf is this necro, are you people even reading when this post was created, jeeeeesh
    LOl oh wow,didnt even see