All Rubies Will Use The New Calculations, Marquise Gems Make Gear Temporarily BoA, Blizzard's Philosophy on Dueling
TCG Pet Giveaway Update - The people that won a pet through posting to enter have been PMed. The Curse Premium winners and WoWDB winners have not been contacted yet.
Patch 5.2 - Jin'rokh the Breaker Preview
Today we take a look at the first Throne of Thunder raid boss, Jin'rokh the Breaker!
| || Lightning Overload Cause two Focused Lightning Orbs to collide while fighting Jin'rokh the Breaker in Throne of Thunder on Normal or Heroic difficulty. ||Pandaria Raid|
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- Fluidity - All players standing in Conductive Water receive Fluidity, granting 40% increased healing and inflict 40% increased damage. However, all players standing in Conductive Water also take 100% increased Nature damage.
- Conduction - Many of Jin'rokh the Breaker's abilities travel through Conductive Water, inflicting Nature damage to all players in that Conductive Water.
- Electrified Waters - Jin'rokh the Breaker infuses the Conductive Water with storm energies, removing Fluidity and inflicting 45,500 Nature damage every second to all players remaining in the Conductive Water. All players standing in Conductive Water still take 100% increased Nature damage.
- Static Burst - Jin'rokh the Breaker performs a quick strike, dealing 130,000 Nature damage to all players. After 3 sec., this applies Static Wound to his current target.
- Static Wound - Jin'rokh the Breaker statically constricts the target, inflicting 19,500 Nature damage per stack to all players when taking melee attacks. This effect stacks, but reduces in potency over time.
- Focused Lightning - Jin'rokh the Breaker creates an orb of Focused Lightning, which fixates on a player. The Focused Lightning detonates upon reaching that player, inflicting 195,000 Nature damage to all players within 8 yards. This orb also pulses 52,000 Nature damage every half second to other players within 5 yards.
- Conduction - Focused Lightning Detonation damage travels through Conductive Water, inflicting 195,000 Nature damage to players standing in Conductive Water.
- Lightning Fissure - If the Focused Lightning detonates outside of Conductive Water, a Lightning Fissure forms. This field of unstable energy inflicts 75,000 Nature damage every 1 second to players within 5 yards.
- Conduction - A Lightning Fissure contacts a Conductive Water, removing the Lightning Fissure and inflicting 41,250 Nature damage to players standing in that Conductive Water.
- Implosion - Couldn't parse description.
- Violent Detonation - The Focused Lightning detonates violently inside Electrified Water, inflicting 750,000 Nature damage to all players within 8 yards.
- Thundering Throw - Jin'rokh the Breaker throws his current target at a distant Mogu statue, breaking the statue and inflicting 206,250 Physical damage. Additionally inflicts 260,000 Nature damage to other players within 14 yards of the point of impact, stunning them for 9 sec. Conductive Water erupts from the broken statue, forming a pool on the ground.
- Lightning Storm - Jin'rokh the Breaker commands a fierce Lightning Storm, inflicting 91,000 Nature damage to all players every second for 15 sec. Furthermore, the Lightning Storm electrifies Conductive Water.
- Lightning Strike - Lightning Strikes multiple locations throughout the room during Lightning Storm, inflicting 250,000 Nature damage to nearby players. Each Lightning Strike diffuses, inflicting 150,000 Nature damage to all players in a line.
- Ionization - Jin'rokh the Breaker ionizes enemy players, attracting storm energies over 24 sec. Inflicts 500,000 Nature damage to players within 8 yards when dispelled or duration expires.
- Conduction - Ionization damage travels through Conductive Water, inflicting 500,000 Nature damage to players standing in Conductive Water.
Patch 5.2 - Ra-den Audio
Ra-den is the Heroic difficulty only boss found in the Throne of Thunder raid. There is still nothing about him in the Dungeon Journal, other than the little bit of lore.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Shrouded in Mystery
- There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed....
Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!
The current SSD prices seem to have bottomed out for now, with almost all SSDs under $1 per gigabyte. This is the first month in a long time that there have been no amazing SSD sales. No new CPUs, GPUs, or SSDs worth waiting for are expected before the second quarter this year.
Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 3770K and should spend that money elsewhere.
Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.
Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in Folding@home, take a look in our team's thread.
Puppy and Dolphin
Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
Narwhal and Unicorn
All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
Astro A40 Headset Giveaway
Curse took a look at the Astro A40 headset recently and had a few left over to give away to premium members. If you have Curse Premium, be sure to enter the contest!
Curse Weekly Roundup
A director has been selected for the live-action Warcraft movie, Grand Theft Auto 5 has received a release date, and EA has reportedly lost 45 Million Dollars last quarter.