Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Patch 5.1] Alysrazor 25man Normal solo (Level 90 Mage)

Hello guys

I haven't found anything on Alysrazor 25man solo (the closest one was a 2man in 25HM) so I decided to give it a try on my mage.
    After around 30 pulls and many talent / glyphs switches I finally killed her, on normal mode.

WM link (Youtube failsafe) : http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=227139

Fire spec of course

Talents :
    - Presence of Mind : yes, scorch is useless here since MoP. Ignite got reworked, no longer possible to stack it like crazy. Move on.
    - Ice Barrier : Shield is good.
    - Cold Snap : We need 2 Iceblock, 4 minutes apart. Iceblock CD is 5 minutes. Do the maths.
    - Nether tempest : scales better with haste than Living Bomb. Also Combustion got nerfed to only account Ignite, so much better choice herE.
    - Invocation : More Evocations = more heal

Glyphs :

- Evocation : heal is good etc
    - Combustion : I put this one early, don't know if it's required but it worked with it.
    - Iceblock : not required in my down but if you lack some dps it can save you at the end, as you'll get a 3 seconds invincibility from Alysrazor's cleaves.

Gear & Buffs :

I started with Haste build and Mage armor but it wasn't working. Tried full mastery build and Mage armor to boost ignite but I lost DPS. The solution is to pick a Haste build (my usual Frost build was perfect) and use Frost armor. More haste = more happiness.
    Used +300 int food, +1000 int flask and Drums of Forgotten Kings. No "not self" buff required.

Encounter :

Good old Alysrazor, plus a few tricks. Start with a normal Fire rotation, don't forget to refresh Evocation when needed. Spam Pyroblast around 20 stacks of Blazing Power, or when its cast time becomes close to 1 second, it depends on your gear. Considering that you cannot dps her during ground phases you'll have around 12 minutes to kill her. I did 177k dps, so this is close to the minimum requirement.
    But this wouldn't still be enough without a little trick : how to avoid losing Wings of Flame. Easy peasy. When P2 starts you'll get a warning message saying the wings are going to wear off. 3 seconds after that, cast Alter time and don't do anything. As soon as you start falling, cast AT again. Win
    Continue to spam pyros, don't leave the arena (no Harsh Winds lolol) and leave just before Wings of Flame end.
    Then wait in the middle of Rhyo's hill (don't go too far or Alysrazor will stay behind the wall and you won't be able to reach the feathers). When alysrazor gets close to you Iceblock and wait till she is at 100 molten power.
    Do this 3 times and win

How about HM ?

Well the DPS requirement will be even more insane (220k dps based on the 2-man post). I can certainly not pull this off with my gear (484 atm) but a well geared mage could certainly. Try and see by yourself

Armory link : Araitik (EU-Les Clairvoyants
    WM link (Youtube failsafe) : http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=227139

Hope you enjoyed it

Deleted
    God job!

One question though - how did you deal with Alys trash? Got someone in there to help clear them? I tried to get to Alys on normal mode liike 2 months ago, and the trash pretty much splatted me.. :/

Nice job! But it is possible on 25 man, at least it was.
    I don't know how Alysrazor DPS is affected by the 5.1 hotfix, but I managed to solo her on 25 man hm in Patch 5.0 with ilvl around 480 (without 2p bonus)
    Screenshot will follow when I'm allowed to post links and pictures on this forum ...

Alysrazor trash solo is also possible - even tough it is hard on 25 man, harder than the boss itself if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anghim View Post
    God job!

One question though - how did you deal with Alys trash? Got someone in there to help clear them? I tried to get to Alys on normal mode liike 2 months ago, and the trash pretty much splatted me.. :/
    alytrash is easily soloable with any class without even pressing a single button just move to eggs run around and let the firebirds kill them and then kill each other. its all just a bit movement.

back to topic: nice kill but didnt a 85 Spriest do that before on 25n too?

10+ Year Old Account
    God job!

You need cold snap + glyph of ice block and lots of kiting. Once you get the eggs dead its easy.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I think the Spriest two manned 25 heroic version together with a fire mage and the 10 heroic version solo on 85.

You can also reset the small hatchlings by using invisibility. Seems to be a bit buggy, because it doesnt reset the whole trash.

God job!
    Took my DK (you can see him on the video, he's offline). Trashs are a piece of cake as a mage in 10m but the 4 casters rape you in 25m and you can't kill them with 1 Iceblock. It's possible without a doubt but I wanted to focus on the kill rather than the trashs. Blood DK : gorefiend grasp the casters, AMS and kite. easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereas View Post
    I don't know how Alysrazor DPS is affected by the 5.1 hotfix, but I managed to solo her on 25 man hm in Patch 5.0 with ilvl around 480 (without 2p bonus)
    Screenshot will follow when I'm allowed to post links and pictures on this forum ...
    Alysrazor trash solo is also possible - even tough it is hard on 25 man, harder than the boss itself if you ask me.
    Solo 25HM as a mage ? Want to see that, really interested MoP considerably changed Ignite, you can't stack it with Scorch anymore. I'm gonna try 25HM next reset, will keep you updated

I think the Spriest two manned 25 heroic version together with a fire mage and the 10 heroic version solo on 85.
    You can also reset the small hatchlings by using invisibility. Seems to be a bit buggy, because it doesnt reset the whole trash.
    Yes, Shantàl (The SP) did World First on 10HM and 2manned 25HM with a Fire mage, but it was in patch 4.3 so doesn't work anymore

Anyways thanks for the answers Expect more !

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    alytrash is easily soloable with any class without even pressing a single button just move to eggs run around and let the firebirds kill them and then kill each other. its all just a bit movement.

Haven't found anything on 25m being soloed, HM or NM, not even a screenshot, a forum comment or a post.

I didn't put World first in the video because I assume people have done it before, especially in Cata, but I wanted to show that it's still possible today, and this kind of show how to do it, even if it's not that hard

OK I just have no idea where my message went. Guess i have to rewrite it

God job!

Took my DK (he's offline in the video). The trashs are a piece of cake in 10man as a mage but a total pain in 25. You need kiting, regen, shields ... its harder than the boss itself. As a DK gorefiend graps the adds, AMS, kite. easy as hell

Solo 25HM as a mage ? Really interested in that
    Also MoP changed Ignite so you can't spam scorch and get a huge DoT, because it adds ticks instead of refreshing the 1st one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post

As I said I haven't found anything about 25man solo, NM or HM. Not a video, not a screenshot, not a forum comment or post. I didn't put World first in the video because I don't care (and because its probably not a WF), did it for fun and to show how it's done

Yep, Shantàl, the priest world first solo 10HM and 2man 25 HM with a Fire mage, BUT it was in cataclysm so old ignite huge dps etc. Doesn't work like that anymore.

Thanks to all for the comments, and stay tuned ! I'm not done with this bird yet
    Last edited by Araitik; 2013-02-05 at 08:21 PM.

Your dps does not come from ignite anymore but from pyroblast (~35-40%) and combustion (~30%). I did ~245k dps over the whole fight, needed about 10 trys.
    As I said, I'll show it when I'm allowed to post links.

Your dps does not come from ignite anymore but from pyroblast (~35-40%) and combustion (~30%). I did ~245k dps over the whole fight, needed about 10 trys.
    As I said, I'll show it when I'm allowed to post links.
    Just tried quickly, I never reached the 3rd P2 because of personal mistakes but I don't think my gear will be enough. At best I can reach 25-20%, and combustion does way less than 30%. It's more like 14%, thanks blizz for the 50% nerf ...

Also I tried to keep stacks of Wings of Flame / Alysra's Razor during P2 and P3 (land phase) but it turns out she resets if you are in the air and she is on the ground. Of course, having a 50% DPS buff would be too easy

So Sereas your numbers are correct (except for Combustion ofc) :

35% Pyro
    15% Pyro (DoT)
    15% Nether Tempest
    12-13% Combustion (DoT)
    12% Fireball
    8% Ignite
    The rest is Inferno Blast, melee swings (wtf ? oO) and combustion.

Firestorms and more damage taken apart, this is strictly the same fight as in NM, except you can DPS her more because P1 lasts much longer. And as she has 70% more HP but your DPS does not increase by that amount ... yeah gonna be hard

Good job. I have a question though: Why didn't you hard cast pyro ? I remember even in Cata in this fight I was always using pyro instead of fireball since the cast time is so low while you are up in the air.

Deleted
    Nice one, though I'd rather do 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by booj View Post
    Good job. I have a question though: Why didn't you hard cast pyro ? I remember even in Cata in this fight I was always using pyro instead of fireball since the cast time is so low while you are up in the air.
    I spam hardcast it when I have > 20 stacks of Blazing Power.

I tried it again, brought her down to 8% with 1:24 min left till fire storm in last p1 (I want to make a video of it, so i resetted the boss at this point).
    Pyroblast is now about 44% of total damage, combustion is 25%, followed by ignite (14%).

(If you like to see logs go to WoL -> Realms -> German -> Die Aldor -> Drachenzorn. Unfortunately I'm still not allowed to post links here ...)

I tried it again, brought her down to 8% with 1:24 min left till fire storm in last p1 (I want to make a video of it, so i resetted the boss at this point).
    Pyroblast is now about 44% of total damage, combustion is 25%, followed by ignite (14%).

(If you like to see logs go to WoL -> Realms -> German -> Die Aldor -> Drachenzorn. Unfortunately I'm still not allowed to post links here ...)
    Yeah and you're 501 ilvl, I can't compete with this (im 484)

That is the reason why I did not kill her - I want to try this with your ilvl. :P (actually I had nearly two minutes of buffed dps left - therefore I guess it's still possible, even with 484)

That is the reason why I did not kill her - I want to try this with your ilvl. :P (actually I had nearly two minutes of buffed dps left - therefore I guess it's still possible, even with 484)
    Yup probably, i'm gonna try again today

I disenchanted my old gear, so I did it with Dragonwrath instead of my Jin'ya (ilvl was about 495, but the stats I lost will more or less make up the gap between your equip and mine) Killed her with nearly 30 seconds left. Good luck for your attempts!
    Last edited by Sereas; 2013-02-08 at 01:22 PM.

I disenchanted my old gear, so I did it with Dragonwrath instead of my Jin'ya (ilvl was about 495, but the stats I lost will more or less make up the gap between your equip and mine) Killed her with nearly 30 seconds left. Good luck for your attempts!
    I just looked the WOL and thougth "how does Combustion do 25% of his DPS ?" and then I looked your armory and saw you were arcane mastery gear it is

Edit : Got her to 7% with 220k dps, might need one piece of set or two
    Last edited by Araitik; 2013-02-08 at 11:11 PM.

You need to make sure to get two stacks of the buff out of one ring as often as possible. If you are at the position where a ring spawns, you will get one stack immediatly and another shortly before it despawns. It's a bit rng because you have to guess where the next ring will spawn, but if you try it several times you will make it.
    At least two consecutive rings follow the same "spawn rule" (e.g. left - left).