Deleted

New PSU - Need some advice

Some of you might remember me posting some time back that my computer wouldn't boot. Well I finally got hold of another PSU to test it with and it booted with the other PSU. So now I need a new one.

I don't know much about the different PSUs though.

I need to power this system:
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (Socket 1366)
    CPU: Intel i7 950@4Ghz
    CPU cooler: Corscair H100
    GPU: XFX 1GB HD6950@Core 840Mhz, Mem 1325Mhz
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB
    And 3 120mm case fans.

So I was thinking something in the 650-750W range.

Now I have been leaning towards Corsair because they are always reliable, but I am open to any other alternatives. What I want to know when you suggest a PSU is why said model of Corsair is better than the other model or why said brand should be better than the simular model of another brand.

Deleted
    SeaSonic M12II 620 excellent quality and modular, enough power for your system with headroom. $80

10+ Year Old Account
    Antec Eco NEO 620 or Seasonic 620 would do fine

Deleted
    A quick search and the SeaSonic 620 seem way overpriced on Danish sites. It's about the same price as a Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W PSU, or a Corsair HX 650W PSU. It's about 880DKK or 160$ on Danish websites. Seem like that's a poor choice for the price?

This is an older version of H100, right? Around july they fixed the rattling problems which was being caused by psu's outputting 12.3V on the 12V. I would just go for a psu with very sharp voltages on the 12V rail to avoid getting rattling noise on your cooler -> the best option would be the seasonic or either HX 650W.

Deleted
    It's a newer versioner, I changed from a crappy cooler in November 2012, but a SeaSonic or a Corsair seem like good choices. I am just so confused by all their models. AX,TX,HX etc etc?

Deleted
    Alright get one of these, using danish sites:

Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620M
    SeaSonic M12II-520
    Antec High Current Gamer HCG-520M
    Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX550M

I'd say these are the best in the price range, the Antec 620 would be my choice, decent price, modular and it's made by Seasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    It's a newer versioner, I changed from a crappy cooler in November 2012, but a SeaSonic or a Corsair seem like good choices. I am just so confused by all their models. AX,TX,HX etc etc?
    Well some corsair models are being made by Seasonic or some by CWT/flextronics, for example HX650 is being made by Seasonic while the HX850 is made by CWT.

Difference between AX/HX is just that the AX is fully modular while some TX models are modular but most of the cables are fully integrated. Still a modular power supply is optional but depends on the user complety.

I would go with any PSU Notarget linked and as usually his product choices are perfect.

Deleted
    Looking at my budget there are these,
    Antec (But the cheapest supplier have dodgy looking websites and I know nothing of their service and the sites I trust have steep prices)
    Corsair CX650
    Corsair TX650(M)
    and I might be able to stretch to get,
    Corsair HX650
    Seasonic G-550

I would really like the Seasonic, but I am not sure it will run my system overclocked comfortably?

Deleted
    Looking at my budget there are these,
    Antec (But the cheapest supplier have dodgy looking websites and I know nothing of their service and the sites I trust have steep prices)
    Corsair CX650
    Corsair TX650(M)
    and I might be able to stretch to get,
    Corsair HX650
    Seasonic G-550

I would really like the Seasonic, but I am not sure it will run my system overclocked comfortably?
    I don't understand, didn't you say you were buying in Denmark? I linked you 4 good ones. The Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620M, is made by Seasonic, it's modular and B. J. Trading EDB A/S is a good company/vendor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    B. J. Trading EDB A/S is a good company/vendor.
    Really? I've never ever heard about them and I do my share of internet shopping for hardware and other stuff.

Deleted
    Really? I've never ever heard about them and I do my share of internet shopping for hardware and other stuff.
    used them several times, no issues ever. There are two other vendors only a few extra DKK.

Deleted
    used them several times, no issues ever. There are two other vendors only a few extra DKK.
    Ever tried out their RMA service? That's what I am most worried about really, I always get unlucky with stuff and several times had to RMA stuff, would really want that to be a smooth and fast experience if it happened I get a borked supply.

Deleted
    Ever tried out their RMA service? That's what I am most worried about really, I always get unlucky with stuff and several times had to RMA stuff, would really want that to be a smooth and fast experience if it happened I get a borked supply.
    No never had a bad product through them but their customer service is usually really good if that's an indication. Also, you're buying a nice quality item so *knock on wood* you won't have to deal with any of that.

Deleted
    No never had a bad product through them but their customer service is usually really good if that's an indication. Also, you're buying a nice quality item so *knock on wood* you won't have to deal with any of that.
    Well nice quality items aren't always in perfect shape, had my older GPUs and stuff go bonkers a few times and had a bad power supply once before but that one was shit.

Deleted
    Well nice quality items aren't always in perfect shape, had my older GPUs and stuff go bonkers a few times and had a bad power supply once before but that one was shit.
    I realize that, all i can say is I've used them many times and never an issue and I see nothing indicating they would be worse than any other vendor on the list.