Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

If you put 10 girls in vent. Could you tell who's who?

I honestly can't hear the difference between one woman's voice from the next? Not sure if its my terrible hearing but It strikes me as weird.

I can tell most guy's voices apart especially ones with accents...guess that applies to girls too.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

I can't tell anyones voices apart if i have not spent A LOT of time with them.

Welp, this thread is obviously going places.

I was in a SWTOR guild, with a few main people. One of them sounded like a girl. I was mistaken on this count, but only informed of the fact after being in the guild for a month.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well we had 3 girls in my old guild on vent but they did have different voices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually.

Spend 3 or 4 days raiding with them, and I will learn the difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    I don't have too many female guild mates, but oddly enough, their different accents make them pretty distinguishable.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I've had 6-7 in vent before back in BC, i knew who each one of them was after a month or so of being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I can definitely tell the difference of a boy who hasn't hit puberty and a girl...only slightly though.

We have 4 girls in our core 10man raid. Each sound completely different to me. All with "standard English" accents too.

I would be able to tell they were different women but it would take me awhile to remember which voice went to which name.
    I can say the same thing about guys though.

Then again at the end of the day I think people are much better at communicating by typed text than they are verbally so if I am going to consistently talk to people online I prefer it be in text.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd know it's me. My guild despite occasionally having 5 girls in chat. Knows it's me. Always.
    My tone isn't light and sweet sounding like the other snow white wannabes in my guild (I'm kidding I love you ladies but I can only tell you apart by the quality of your microphones some days)

Mine is deep toned, I have a very distinct British accent and telling me apart from any other ladies in my guild would be cake.

My problem is ...we have 3 British guys. And they are ALL. CALLED. JAMES. And they all have a nondescript accent. Yeah. Try that one. I have to just say Jamie (Shaman) James (Warlock) Aaaand <Character name> (Tank Warrior) His character name is cool enough that it just gets used.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    What is this? I dont even...

How limited is your experience with girls?

I dont know if this is a serious thread so ill just start of with those questions before i feed a potential troll even more.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    I would be able to tell they were different women but it would take me awhile to remember which voice went to which name.
    I can say the same thing about guys though.
    This, although I prefer to speak vocally than to type generally. After a few minutes of listening (which might amount to hours of real life if not much is spoken :P) then I'll be used to them, male or female.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think tis pretty easy to pick me out. My voice is pretty high pitched, especially on a voice program like Vnt, so i squeak a lot.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I can usually tell girls apart better than guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if their voices are very similar or not?

Some girls sound exactly the same (especially over a microphone where quality might differ), but that would be between maybe 2 out of the 10 girls you speak of.

Never have any problems differentiating between voices, whether over voice-comm or out on the street, but it can take a few times learning which voice belongs to who (for example when you join a new guild and have to learn who is who of the other 9/24 people).

Personally yes I can tell them apart.

But it can depend some girls voices actually are fairly similar.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are female voices in a smaller range than male voices? I've never heard this to be true. Girls sound different.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really noticed a difference in my ability to differentiate voices as far as gender goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm guessing its just a shitty headphone thru vent thing that makes me not tell women apart in vent.