Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I understand if I'm being a bit vague at the moment.
    My budget for a desktop is around 600-800 euros. The total budget is a 1000, though, as I'm Dutch cheapers is always better.
    If a 2nd hand computer offers me more quality than a new desktop would provide me with the same budget I'd prefer a 2nd hand one.

As long as I can play World of Warcraft with everything on ultimate, even during 25-man raids (with the exception of shadows), and be able to stream at around 720p (reasonable?) while maintaining a decent amount of FPS I'm happy.

So, absolute musts!
    - Raiding 25-man with everything at ultimate as smooth as possible (exc. shadows)
    - Be able to stream on 720p (?) with high/ulti settings while maintaining a respectable amount of FPS. I want to be able to stream arenas, possibly 25/10 man raids if my budget allows me to.
    Last edited by mmoc117450ffe4; 2013-02-05 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    somehow im getting the feeling you dislike the option it provides?
    also stretching that budget to the max with such a rig there could be doubts on that. ( also the 7870 XT cards have been loud last thing i heard, perform well but louder vs other stock cards even)
    I dont have issues with it, but with his budget it isnt that necessary.
    If its to much, you can drop the CPU down to a 3470/3225 and a cheaper mobo which will most likely shave of close to 100 euro.

But I did see a system with a 2600k/560ti for 550 euro i think.

The sapphire version is silent. The club3d one has worse cooling.

Deleted
    http://tweakers.net/aanbod/502079/pc...x-560-ti.html?
    it's decent but a better gpu wouldn't hurt. (a 560Ti is still doable but for ultra meh'ish)
    toss in a ssd and it would be a pretty decent system still.
    gpu could be upgraded later down the line the other parts are all pretty solid. (only details on the hdd are missing)

Deleted
    Ye, that one. Was about to post it

It need a gpu upgrade and SSD ye. OP could sell the 560ti, which will fetch 75-125 euro? (havent looked at prices). So you can get an 128 gb SSD and a GPU for around 300-350 euro. But than you are still around the 800 euro's. So, im not sure if its worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Ye, that one. Was about to post it

It need a gpu upgrade and SSD ye. OP could sell the 560ti, which will fetch 75-125 euro? (havent looked at prices). So you can get an 128 gb SSD and a GPU for around 300-350 euro. But than you are still around the 800 euro's. So, im not sure if its worth it.
    true resell the gpu would yield 100 euro and should allow a 660Ti. (new ones costs +- 275)
    ssd better for later down the line else , good monitor would be this (http://www.alternate.nl/html/product...2HD-B1/841630/) if you like 24" that is.

however might be better to wait and see what other deals might surface in the next week.

Deleted
    I've stumbled upon that screen aswell and it looks great think I'll go for that on once I've bought a desktop. I don't think I'd buy a system that is in need of some upgrades.

I've asked the same thing on the official EU WoW forums and there's someone who is willing to sell his system, what do you guys think?

Hmm I can't post links yet but it's in the 'Games, gaming and hardware' section. I've made a topic there under te name Rela. Think it looks legit?

I'm also looking around at Tweakers but prefer waiting a few days and see if something else get posted on it than buy an 'okay' system now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliepops View Post
    I've stumbled upon that screen aswell and it looks great think I'll go for that on once I've bought a desktop. I don't think I'd buy a system that is in need of some upgrades.

I've asked the same thing on the official EU WoW forums and there's someone who is willing to sell his system, what do you guys think?

Hmm I can't post links yet but it's in the 'Games, gaming and hardware' section. I've made a topic there under te name Rela. Think it looks legit?

I'm also looking around at Tweakers but prefer waiting a few days and see if something else get posted on it than buy an 'okay' system now.
    hmm severe lack of details of the rig he wants to sell? also from what i make of it he likes to talk nonsense about cpu's. (i mean really 1155 not for gaming? dafuq?)
    he also mentions some 6850's in CF, not recommened for wow.

Deleted
    Okay, well I think that's a no-go then since WoW is the main reason I want a desktop. I gues I'll keep on searching!

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:36 PM ----------

I've added the dude on skype, and here's his full build, he's asking around 700 for it but it's negotiable:
    8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 overclocked
    GS 700 Gaming Edition PSU
    CPU - I7 960 @3,2 GhZ
    GPU HD 6850 Readon
    G1 Assassin Motherboard Tri-Fire/SLI enabled

How is it, as you thought not that great for WoW?

I just saw this one pop-up at Tweakers
    http://tweakers.net/aanbod/498399/sn...-i7-2600k.html
    Any opinions? I know the price says 1000 but I'm sure I can get some money of that, plus it includes a monitor.
    Last edited by mmoc117450ffe4; 2013-02-05 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    In both cases, you are better of going with the build i suggested imo.
    If you want, you can lower the GPU on that one to a 7850, which will save 50 euro i think. Or downgrade the CPU.

Deleted
    Okay, well I think that's a no-go then since WoW is the main reason I want a desktop. I gues I'll keep on searching!

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:36 PM ----------

I've added the dude on skype, and here's his full build, he's asking around 700 for it but it's negotiable:
    8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 overclocked
    GS 700 Gaming Edition PSU
    CPU - I7 960 @3,2 GhZ
    GPU HD 6850 Readon
    G1 Assassin Motherboard Tri-Fire/SLI enabled

How is it, as you thought not that great for WoW?

I just saw this one pop-up at Tweakers
    http://tweakers.net/aanbod/498399/sn...-i7-2600k.html
    Any opinions? I know the price says 1000 but I'm sure I can get some money of that, plus it includes a monitor.
    both are lacking in the GPU department and are CF of some older cards aswell.
    cpu on the guy from the wow forums is quite old already and imo he's overcharging for a dated build by about 250-300 euro. (compared to what newer hardware sets go for)

Deleted
    Was afraid so, a friend of mine said the same. So Zeara, how do you think your setup would perform?
    Able to run WoW with everything at ultimate, even in 25-man raids, with a good amount of FPS? (with exception of shadows)
    Possibility to stream arenas at 720p, possibly?

Shroudster, looks like a solid setup to you?

This is the build Zeara came up with.

Intel Core i5 3570K Boxed 197,-
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 € 112,60
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost 2GB GDDR5 € 217,30
    Corsair Carbide 200R € 50,90
    Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) 64bit € 79,90
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO € 24,95
    Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile € 46,95
    XFX Pro 550W € 52,50
    Western Digital Blue Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB € 58,50

Total will be around 840.

Deleted
    You should have no issues with 25 man raids. Im not familiar with streaming, but im geussing that shouldnt be to much of a problem.

Was afraid so, a friend of mine said the same. So Zeara, how do you think your setup would perform?
    Able to run WoW with everything at ultimate, even in 25-man raids, with a good amount of FPS? (with exception of shadows)

That build looks good, it is enough for WoW on ultra.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted

it's good but if you are really into the streaming thing i'd look at this aswell.
    http://tweakers.net/aanbod/500810/i7...atis-v6gt.html)
    Z68 is a slight mobo downgrade. (still works fine for all your needs)
    i7 works better for the streaming due to hyperthreading.
    also i'd try to pick those parts from tweakers first to save some money. (pretty sure i've seen that gpu up there today for 185 iirc)

In both cases, you are better of going with the build i suggested imo.
    If you want, you can lower the GPU on that one to a 7850, which will save 50 euro i think. Or downgrade the CPU.
    Could you give me a very good reason why you should buy CPU's new? I've seen several 2500k's going out for 100eur while a 3570k is costing 230eur here in BE. Imo, you're just wasting money buying a new cpu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Could you give me a very good reason why you should buy CPU's new? I've seen several 2500k's going out for 100eur while a 3570k is costing 230eur here in BE. Imo, you're just wasting money buying a new cpu.
    In both cases those CPUs came with the rest of the system, which made it not so usefull. The upgradeset shroudster linked is pretty good (saw that one aswell :P) but also saw people are already bidding on it so getting that one might be difficult.

As for me, id rather get stuff new. You have no idea what the previous owner did with the chip, as you cant verify it. But im willing to pay extra for that.

Deleted
    In both cases those CPUs came with the rest of the system, which made it not so usefull. The upgradeset shroudster linked is pretty good (saw that one aswell :P) but also saw people are already bidding on it so getting that one might be difficult.

As for me, id rather get stuff new. You have no idea what the previous owner did with the chip, as you cant verify it.
    well didn't intel have a very solid warranty? (with proper invoices they usually don't make a problem out of it)
    also the one i linked was a set price of 350 which is pretty neat considering it is a 2600k + quality mobo + pretty high end air cooler.

I really cant believe nobody has said this yet. But on this kind of a budget and if u want to Stream at 720p I would suggest looking into an AMD build based off the 8350 processor. In single threaded apps and games yes the 3570k and 2500k are your best bet. But when using a streaming program like Xsplit the 8350 will out perform the 3570k.

The AMD build will also be cheaper allowing for a more powerful GPU.
    My new baby
    CPU: i5-3570k @4.1 Cooler: H-100 MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: 16Gig Mushkin Blackline 1600 SSD: Crucial M4 128 HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB GPU: MSI 7950 OC @ 925/1375 Case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jiambi View Post
    I really cant believe nobody has said this yet. But on this kind of a budget and if u want to Stream at 720p I would suggest looking into an AMD build based off the 8350 processor. In single threaded apps and games yes the 3570k and 2500k are your best bet. But when using a streaming program like Xsplit the 8350 will out perform the 3570k.

The AMD build will also be cheaper allowing for a more powerful GPU.
    720p is really no hassle for an i5. Perhaps if you step up to 1080p there will be a difference.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well didn't intel have a very solid warranty? (with proper invoices they usually don't make a problem out of it)
    also the one i linked was a set price of 350 which is pretty neat considering it is a 2600k + quality mobo + pretty high end air cooler.
    Personally, I don't think Intel can determine if the chip died because of too intensive clocking and I thought cpu's don't lose performance over time?