[Music] My Bloody Valentine [New Record!]

http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/

Oh yes, it's up. Come and get it. Use this to post more news/info/thoughts about MBV and the new record.

GET HYPED

So pumped for this. Must resist the urge not to compare it to Loveless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool, but man someone needs to work on their website

Yea, their website looks like an intro to web programming/design project.

EDIT:

Finished my first listening. It's not as intense or abrasive as Loveless, more murky and ethereal like Isn't Anything. Has a few tricks Shields picked up over the years from listening to other genres. First impressions are good.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-03 at 05:00 AM.

From what I've read, the general consensus seems to be that the first six tracks aren't better than anything on Loveless (if even that good). The last three tracks are the best they've released to date. That's just what I've read.

10+ Year Old Account
    its pretty good and I dont even like them that much... maybe because my sister likes them alot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    From what I've read, the general consensus seems to be that the first six tracks aren't better than anything on Loveless (if even that good). The last three tracks are the best they've released to date. That's just what I've read.
    Well, it's not better than Loveless but that's almost to be expected for probably the most asked question when scrutinizing m b v. The riffs aren't as distinct or even as memorable, the sound is a bit pulled back, and there's a dark almost fluid aesthetic that gives most of the songs a dream-like quality rather than the abrasive/sweet juxtaposition in Loveless.

There's a few tracks in there that even have DnB influences.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-03 at 10:11 PM.