Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We got a predominantly white population. 9% of our population is from outside the EU. Can't really compare that to CA where 40% are Non-Hispanic White.
    That they are from outside the EU does not mean they are non-white nor do i think the skin colour matter but rather than the country of origin.

  2. #142
    Nordic super model? Shouldn't that include the AAA countries like Germany and the Netherlands (and a few more), because they are also still doing good?

    The Nordics cluster at the top of league tables of everything from economic competitiveness to social health to happiness
    Yeah, so what about the countries I listed? They are right up there with the 'Nordic cluster'.

  3. #143
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    That they are from outside the EU does not mean they are non-white nor do i think the skin colour matter but rather than the country of origin.
    Well yeah, but it's the easist way to get some sort of hum about other ethnicities... if thats of any interest for people. The biggest groups of immigrants are swedes(moving back home), polacks and iraqis according to statistics.
    http://www.scb.se/Pages/PressRelease____329027.aspx
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  4. #144
    Legendary! Cybran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pripyat marshes
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Obviously none of us Nordics have done a days work in our lives or have personalities
    I have met plenty of Nordics that life of welfare. Young people especially. You wouldn't find that here that often.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-04 at 12:05 PM.

  5. #145
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I have met plenty of Nordics that life of welfare. Young people especially. You wouldn't find that here.
    Where do you live?

  6. #146
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I have met plenty of Nordics that life of welfare. Young people especially. You wouldn't find that here.
    Depends on how you see it. I could be considered on welfare because i receive a student grant from the government while i study which I live on.

  7. #147
    Legendary! Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I have met plenty of Nordics that life of welfare. Young people especially. You wouldn't find that here that often.
    Plenty of selective bias & anecdotal evidence here.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Depends on how you see it. I could be considered on welfare because i receive a student grant from the government while i study which I live on.
    All those military people in the US, subsisting completely off government 'handouts'. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

  9. #149
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    All those military people in the US, subsisting completely off government 'handouts'. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!
    I bet some people here would get a stroke when they hear how theologians and philosophy students get the same money as the engineers, medicines and law students.
    We just have a completely other attitude towards education.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I bet some people here would get a stroke when they hear how theologians and philosophy students get the same money as the engineers, medicines and law students.
    We just have a completely other attitude towards education.
    Damn dirty socialists!!!!!!!one!!!.

    /bah. These arguments bore me, it is just people who come in with a predetermined viewpoint who refuse to budge should any evidence be provided for why their viewpoint (in this case, ALL SOCIALISM IS BAD) is wrong. Because HITLER! Also, COMMUNISM!!!!!eleven!.

  11. #151
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I have met plenty of Nordics that life of welfare. Young people especially. You wouldn't find that here that often.
    And plenty of people work ;P
    I'm not sure about our total youth unemployment since students(currently studying) but who don't hold a job of some sorts counts as unemployed, but most adult people work.
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  12. #152
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    I am guaranteed a job when i finish school. \o/ It breeds a great friendly environment with my class unlike those studying Economy who have to compete with one another.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I am guaranteed a job when i finish school. \o/ It breeds a great friendly environment with my class unlike those studying Economy who have to compete with one another.
    It also breeds inadequacy, laziness and incompetence.

    Fortunately for society, once you're in, there's ample of competition.
    Last edited by Diurdi; 2013-02-04 at 12:20 PM.

  14. #154
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I am guaranteed a job when i finish school. \o/ It breeds a great friendly environment with my class unlike those studying Economy who have to compete with one another.
    Do you got any Swedes in your class Cata?, If you do position yourself behind them and nail them in the back of the head with that strawberry flavoured bubblegum I know you like to chew on, you could re-enact the battle of Lund! ;P
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  15. #155
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Do you got any Swedes in your class Cata?, If you do position yourself behind them and nail them in the back of the head with that strawberry flavoured bubblegum I know you like to chew on, you could re-enact the battle of Lund! ;P
    Wat...

    No - got 2 Norwegians and a Finn.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 01:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It also breeds inadequacy, laziness and incompetence.

    Fortunately for society, once you're in, there's ample of competition.
    Its a wonder our healthcare is at the level it is then...

    Its not like we dont have exams.

  16. #156
    Legendary! Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Also, having a job guarantee encourages studying hard. Knowing that your hard work will pay off is a pretty sweet incentive.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  17. #157
    Pandaren Monk Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    One can argue against the 'decent schools and free health care' though. :/
    Ok, hit me.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  18. #158
    The Lightbringer Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by garnier fructis View Post
    i am disappointed. I came into this thread expecting actual super models.
    this ^ damn u
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.

  19. #159
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Also, having a job guarantee encourages studying hard. Knowing that your hard work will pay off is a pretty sweet incentive.
    Getting into med school here takes high grades so the people who get in are generally of the sort who like to prove themselves to themselves first and foremost.

  20. #160
    Legendary! Cybran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pripyat marshes
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Also, having a job guarantee encourages studying hard. Knowing that your hard work will pay off is a pretty sweet incentive.
    Knowing that you will have a job if you push over the university doesn't make you study harder or push yourself. That is the whole point of the detrimental impact of lack of competition in Social countries.

    Passing exams = job is bad design.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •