Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Knowing that you will have a job if you push over the university doesn't make you study harder or push yourself. That is the whole point of the detrimental impact of lack of competition in Social countries.

    Passing exams = job is bad design.
    Sorry to break it for you, but the job market in Scandinavian countries is based on basic market mechanisms. There is no minimum wage in Denmark, however the real wage over a period of time is decided in agreement between an organization who is demanding a specific type of labour, and a union that is supplying such type of labour, where the agreement usually doesn't last more than a handful of years. Since the inflation in Denmark has been very stable for a long time now, agreements regarding the real wage is able to be made over a long time span.

    Because of the existence of unions, according to the theory of trade unions and unemployment, and because of the Danish economy being based on market mechanisms as well as the labour market being characterised as a imperfect competition with imperfect information, we can now derrive that the Danish labour market will in fact have unemployment...

    Since we just derrived that there exists unemployment in the Danish labour market, and in rest of Scandinavia too, as well as being able to back this statement up with historical facts, how the heck did you manage to arrive to the following conclusion: "Passing exams = job"...???

  2. #222
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Sorry to break it for you, but the job market in Scandinavian countries is based on basic market mechanisms. There is no minimum wage in Denmark, however the real wage over a period of time is decided in agreement between an organization who is demanding a specific type of labour, and a union that is supplying such type of labour, where the agreement usually doesn't last more than a handful of years. Since the inflation in Denmark has been very stable for a long time now, agreements regarding the real wage is able to be made over a long time span.

    Because of the existence of unions, according to the theory of trade unions and unemployment, and because of the Danish economy being based on market mechanisms as well as the labour market being characterised as a imperfect competition with imperfect information, we can now derrive that the Danish labour market will in fact have unemployment...

    Since we just derrived that there exists unemployment in the Danish labour market, and in rest of Scandinavia too, as well as being able to back this statement up with historical facts, how the heck did you manage to arrive to the following conclusion: "Passing exams = job"...???
    He thought so because i said that was the case for me. Studying Medicine secures you a job somewhere according to the KBU lottery. I may be sent to the most deserted part of the country for a year but I'll have a job.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    They aren't stealing. Your doctors leave of own volition.
    Yeah right. Just as much as dailies are a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Iraq is the most democratic country in the Arab world, thanks to that war.
    The greatest political analyst MMO C has to offer.

  4. #224
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Yeah right. Just as much as dailies are a choice.
    I dont do dailies... :/

  5. #225
    Herald of the Titans Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    2,924
    It's obvious that Nordic countries are the best. Every country should head that way.

  6. #226
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    It's obvious that Nordic countries are the best. Every country should head that way.
    Not better than best Korea though.

  7. #227
    Mechagnome HolgerDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Doesn't Mærsk build all their shit in China anyway?

    I think a shipping freightliner constructed in Denmark would be laughably expensive if they didn't.
    The E-class of freighters was build in Denmark, the newer Tripple-E class under construction is being build in South Korea.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

  8. #228
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    The E-class of freighters was build in Denmark, the newer Tripple-E class under construction is being build in South Korea.
    Yea, i remember reading about Korea being at the forefront of the "super" freighters...

  9. #229
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    I went to a "Swedish immigration" thing here in The Netherlands a year ago since i'm moving there. The demand for doctors is (dentists mainly from what i could see) was huge! But hardly anyone was interested in them because the demand was mainly in areas where nobody really lives such as Gällivare and Vilhelmina. Lots of IT'ers as well as plummers and expert engineers. I remember when my mother went about 8 years ago the demand for construction workers was high as well, but i guess the Polish took that over or something since the demand was... well pretty much gone.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Too many immigrants? fuck yes they are all over and im SICK of them, leeching money from this land! Enough of them already. We are like a nation full of red cross help man, ffs. Im not a racist, but I see many new immigrants showing up all the time and its not pleasing. We have enough of them already.
    Sure, but: http://www.dn.se/debatt/sociala-prob...-fa-invandrare
    For the non-swedes: the article talks about the fact that the most problematic neighbourhoods are the one with low numbers of foreigners.

  11. #231
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I went to a "Swedish immigration" thing here in The Netherlands a year ago since i'm moving there. The demand for doctors is (dentists mainly from what i could see) was huge! But hardly anyone was interested in them because the demand was mainly in areas where nobody really lives such as Gällivare and Vilhelmina. Lots of IT'ers as well as plummers and expert engineers. I remember when my mother went about 8 years ago the demand for construction workers was high as well, but i guess the Polish took that over or something since the demand was... well pretty much gone.
    The less sought after the hospital/district the higher the pay usually is.

  12. #232
    I am Murloc! Tomatketchup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Too many immigrants? fuck yes they are all over and im SICK of them, leeching money from this land! Enough of them already. We are like a nation full of red cross help man, ffs. Im not a racist, but I see many new immigrants showing up all the time and its not pleasing. We have enough of them already.
    I'm not racist, yet I generalize and imply that a large chunk of immigrants only come here to leech off the country!
    Kalle Anka-partiet in i svenska riksdagen 2014!

    You got power when you talk you don't play games~

  13. #233
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Knowing that you will have a job if you push over the university doesn't make you study harder or push yourself. That is the whole point of the detrimental impact of lack of competition in Social countries.

    Passing exams = job is bad design.
    Implying paying 100,000s of dollars in school fees then never getting a job is better.

  14. #234
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    There was a documentary about why our doctors keep leaving after they finish university. They said USA, Australia and New Zeland "leech" doctors from the UK and Scandinavia by offering better pay and better conditions. This is one of the many reasons there is a shortage.

    Mainly from Germany, Baltic and Balkan countries. You are stealing our doctors and we have a much more severe shortage. You are fixing you problem by fucking over smaller and poorer countries. GG
    We live in a pretty globalized world my friend, you can't force people to stay somewhere, people are free to move.

    Reminds me of this conversation ;P

    - yeah, I'll have to do it myself, Tomek had to go back to Poland for the week, he's in the process of renovating his house over there or rather it's not him, he's getting some Ukrainians to help him do it
    - so the polacks are getting ukrainians to do renovation work?
    - yeah they are apparently really cheap and good at what they do
    - ok so who does the ukrainians hire when they want work done?
    - Uzbekians
    - Uzbekians?
    - yeah there are a lot of Uzbekians in Ukraine doing work under the table
    - and who does the Uzbekians go to when they need work done?
    - Thats Sida I guess, thats you and me, swedish tax money
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-02-05 at 12:25 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We live in a pretty globalized world my friend, you can't force people to stay somewhere, people are free to move.
    But Sweden kicked out 500 seasonal workers that were scammed there 2 years ago. It's pretty hypocritical to leech only the useful people and kick out the rest, agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Iraq is the most democratic country in the Arab world, thanks to that war.
    The greatest political analyst MMO C has to offer.

  16. #236
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    But Sweden kicked out 500 seasonal workers that were scammed there 2 years ago. It's pretty hypocritical to leech only the useful people and kick out the rest, agree?
    We didn't kick them out, they wanted out since they got scamed. I think the Bulgarian embassy paid for a few buss loads, and there was also swedes who helped pay for some busses. Not sure what happend to that guy who scamed them.

    There are a lot of seasonal workers that are not being scamed as well, who are able to make a "decent" pay that will last them quite long back home.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •