Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, since a big part of Sunsong and the Tillers is in fact - interacting with the locals, grinding rep with them, helping them etc etc.
    mm u may have a point i allways thought of it only as the plants not the tillers ppl :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    mm u may have a point i allways thought of it only as the plants not the tillers ppl :P
    Well if you don't do the Tiller stuff, your farm doesn't get any bigger and you can't get upgrades for it, so the two are connected.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    if i wasnt the kinda person who has to have every single profession and such maxed out so i can just rather farm mats and make everything my self rather than paying for stuff from ah
    Opportunity Cost,

Deleted
    it will left to die in the next expansion as you will spend zero time in pandaria...

Deleted
    Well if you don't do the Tiller stuff, your farm doesn't get any bigger and you can't get upgrades for it, so the two are connected.
    true true but when someone says sunsong ranch i hear farming plants not questing for the town folk :P

It's Farmville and it is grindy. I do not want more of Sunsong ranch.

Nope, since a big part of Sunsong and the Tillers is in fact - interacting with the locals, grinding rep with them, helping them etc etc.
    It falls flat compared to 'befriending the villagers' in a Harvest Moon game, but it is a beautiful first attempt at making the npcs remember and respond to you like they do in Harvest Moon. When you start a game of Harvest Moon your an outsider the newbie farmer (like in WoW) and by the time you've got a proper farm up and running this is you character home, their friends, their family and you feel it.

It was a good first attempt here's to allot improvement in the future!

I'd love to see Sunsong Ranch live on in the future expansions in new forms somehow. I love that farm, the friends, the quests, it's awesome and I want to have something similar in the future.

Deleted
    Was the one thing I was the most meh about when they announced it, but I have been very impressed.

I loved the interaction with the Tillers and its something I can chill out and do.

Really surprised there are people who "hate" it (strong word imo but hey hyperbole ftw I guess).

In the next expac I really hope they do a new Ranch or upgrade the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    It's Farmville and it is grindy. I do not want more of Sunsong ranch.
    Grindy ? I got to exalted in a few weeks almost just by planting. I got free mats for little time investment. In fact I made gold while gaining rep by selling excess plants / mats.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I hope we get to burn it to the ground.

I much prefer the old way cooking worked, I could just chillax and watch a movie while farming and not play farmville everyday.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

I much prefer the old way cooking worked, I could just chillax and watch a movie while farming and not play farmville everyday.
    ... sunsong is as easy as it gets. plant the veggy. the nexk day pick the veggy

I'm gonna assume the next expansion will be a legion expansion in argus for the sake of giving examples though there's nothing confirming such a thing. here are the possibilities:

1 - new farm next expansion. problem: a demonic farm in argus?
    2 - new vegetables to grow on the old farm. problems: travelling from argus to pandaria and than back every day just to take care of a farm? not to mention bringing demon plants to pandaria;
    3 - no new farm, you can keep growing pandaria stuff if you want to. problem: what new mini-game should blizz add on argus to fill in the void left by the farm?

again, I'm not saying the next expansion will be burning legion in argus, I'm just using it as an example.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, wouldnt even touch that farmville if i wasnt the kinda person who has to have every single profession and such maxed out so i can just rather farm mats and make everything my self rather than paying for stuff from ah
    You should get your head outta the kiddie section, not every farm minigame= farmville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You should get your head outta the kiddie section, not every farm minigame= farmville.
    if u think im the first and only person to make this comparison i dont know where have u been the past months :P

10+ Year Old Account
    if u think im the first and only person to make this comparison i dont know where have u been the past months :P
    Doesn't matter, it's the same answer no matter who said it first.

Sunsong ranch will be left behind. Guarantee it. They might incorporate someway to 'sell' it off to an NPC, or maybe back to its owner, or they may just drop the whole story when we're done with Pandaria.

Storywise, we'll be gone off Pandaria. It'll be left to clean up the mess we made and the story will shift to the next big storyline. Our characters, the heroes, won't stay on 'Pandaria' for the sake of living on a farm, nor will they venture into the Depths to Fight Naga/Off into Space to fight demons and come back every evening for a little farm. We don't return to Northrend for any relevant story, we don't return to Outland for any story (except for the few Legendary quests that brought us back) so I can guarantee we won't return to Pandaria (especially for a little farm)

What MIGHT happen is that we'll get a "Sunsong Ranch" version of the next expansion...so...space farm..or..personalized island..or something. The farm and growing your own mats and all that was an awesome addition and so far, its been a success. I'd expect Blizzard to carry it over into the next expansion.

As for the physical farm of Sunsong Ranch? No, it won't be updated (the soil and waters are made for growing the vegetables and seeds FROM Pandaria, so anything foreign might not be in the right setting) but it might be carried over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's the same answer no matter who said it first.
    just cos u dont see the resemblance doesnt mean u need to start insulting ppl over comparing them

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

Yes, because killing things for hours on end to mindlessly farm cooking materials compared to planting and tilling for 10 minutes is SO much better.

Here's a better solution: Till the soil and plant, then go watch a movie with ZERO distractions.
    Last edited by Mister J; 2013-02-04 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    [/COLOR]

Yes, because killing things for hours on end to mindlessly farm cooking materials compared to planting and tilling for 10 minutes is SO much better.

Here's a better solution: Till the soil and plant, then go watch a movie with ZERO distractions.
    well some ppl prefer to mindlessly kill mammoths for 10mins than mindlessly pull weeds and kill wabbits for 10mins