Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    just cos u dont see the resemblance doesnt mean u need to start insulting ppl over comparing them
    Increasingly bad grammar... I never insulted you... gotta be a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Barnaby guy, that one mage. He could easily give you an item "attuned" to your farm, and thus allowing you, say, a 1 hour CD teleport to your farm. Farm could get some expanding next expansion, plant the new things, ect.

After all, you still see ppl returning to the Argent Tourny to do dailies. A small item that allows for teleportation to the farm will keep the ranch relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I severely doubt Sunsong Ranch will be used next expansion.

What I think will end up happening is we'll get a new farm somewhere else that can only grow things from the new expansion, while Sunsong Ranch can only grow things from MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    After all, you still see ppl returning to the Argent Tourny to do dailies. A small item that allows for teleportation to the farm will keep the ranch relevant.
    But you don't see the Argent Tournament being updated; it's "old content", just like Sunsong Ranch will be.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-04 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Increasingly bad grammar... I never insulted you... gotta be a troll.
    oh here we go again with the grammar crap.... u may not be aware of it but not everyone speaks English as native language and its very common in internet "slang" to write words like "you" as "u" and skip ' from words like "doesn't" and ur comment "u may wanna get ur head out of the kiddies section" was clearly targeted as a personal insult

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it gets upgraded somehow, but I doubt it will, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    After we've dealt with the filth that is Garrosh, and the druids of thunderbluff help clean up durotar, put a new farm area there to grow stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It opens the door to player housing. In the next patch it will be expanded. Who knows..we might be head of the Tillers and be able to build farms anywhere....to settle down.
    It would be an excellent idea, really. Dailies aside, Sunsong provides a steady source of materials for both cooking and other professions, and I really think the concept should be a permanent one in WoW. Plus, you get kinda attached to it buying upgrades, recruiting farmhands, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I hope it does, do like going to the farm and am looking forward to buying the place, makes a nice holiday home away from the actual one at Greymane Manor, as he isn't using it any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hope we get to burn it to the ground.

I much prefer the old way cooking worked, I could just chillax and watch a movie while farming and not play farmville everyday.
    Same here. Hate flying down there and clicking on veggies just to get the rats pop out and make annoying sounds.

I'd like to see a "Player Island" that, much like the Darkmoon Fair Island, exists independently of any specific expansion. You could put the player farm, ranch, oil rig, housing, museum of triumphs, heck and entire town on it. Just give it a special teleport spell, like the monk Zen Pilgrimage, it it will be forever relevant.

It'll be left as is, and there will probably be a new adaptation of the same thing in the new expansion, so I would be surprised if they threw away the concept of being able to farm your own shit, to some extent at least.

I imagine they'll just put a version of the same concept in an area in the faction capitals or some such, so they can avoid having to have it tied to expansion content, and can grow it through expansions, without entirely revamping where it is in every expansion. At least that's the smart thing to do.

Im sure its gonna be forgotten like almost everything from old xpacks.

I would love to see an updated version of it, or possibly just an addition that makes it able to be used with the new expans items but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it isn't.

All in all though it would still be a nice way to keep gathering old world (since Mists would be old then) mats with a non gathering toon. Cus it really only does take a few mins a day, and less once 5.2 and possibly more patches come.

i think the most likely thing that will happen is that a "new" farm will open up. if you think about it if the next expansion is the burning legion imagine how that will work. maybe in some barren land one small section of it is defended by super warrior farmers who have managed to salvage one space of land from fel corruption where life blooms O-O

like sunsong ranch but X TREME @_@ reminds me of the 90s where everything couldnt just be normal it had to be X TREME @_@ why have a normal farm when you can have? X TREME WARRIOR FARM WITH DEMONS AND BLADES AND FIRE RAWR @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think we'll get a house we can decorate, as well as a farm, somewhere round Org/SW. Make a little Farmer's market kinda thing. Better then Blizz having to keep making a new one every expansion.

with the way cooking was changed to work so close with the farming, i would except them to bring it into the next expansion somehow. maybe not sunsong ranch specifically, but another farm elsewhere.

i personally love and hate this feature... i love planting things and harvesting and watering, but the rest of the mechanics of the farm are so annoying. okay, have things attack the crops a few times a week? not EVERY single time you are going to get multiple things attacking unless you are extremely lucky. because of that i rarely use it anymore.

Deleted
    i hope it will contique, i love it, and i am looking forward to more being added, as long they keep the prise casual.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zomgname View Post
    with the way cooking was changed to work so close with the farming, i would except them to bring it into the next expansion somehow. maybe not sunsong ranch specifically, but another farm elsewhere.

i personally love and hate this feature... i love planting things and harvesting and watering, but the rest of the mechanics of the farm are so annoying. okay, have things attack the crops a few times a week? not EVERY single time you are going to get multiple things attacking unless you are extremely lucky. because of that i rarely use it anymore.
    Then just reroll deathknight i love when it is mobs as blood is almost the fastest way:P

I think it will stay in the center of attention and certainly wil have the new stuff from the next xpac.

The first step in that direction (of keeping it) is the fact that is is going to be player-owned. This is the first thing in the wow-universe which is really player-owned.
    It will become a inn, so we'll be resting while we are on the farm.
    We have a portal-seeds-vendor...... from here it isn't a big step to create a permanent portal in the house.

So whereever the future xpacs are going to be situated, we'll always come back to our farm... maybe we can set our hs there?

it wouldn't be very hard to upgrade the seeds we are having now... I mean, we're getting the same things every xpac, leather, herbs, ores, enchanting material.... how hard can it be to upgrade the seeds to reflect the new mats?

We have quite some space, even a lake.
    We can rebuild the house, make it bigger.... maybe even a cellar where we can store stuff.. not only from the farm but much more.

There is a lot there can be done... and by making it player-owned I think Blizz is finally providing us an own home, which we can transform over time as we like.
    There could be a lot of uses for this... why need a stable master out in the world? We can stable our pets/companions/mounts at home.
    We can deploy npc's for various tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Sunsong Ranch is my second favorite place to just hang about and relax in-game.
    Clearly your not on an unbalanced/balance pvp server, I am constantly ganked there (and gank others) round the area, really really fun. Certainly not a chill out zone by any means :P

Personally I think the farm will continue in some form or another next xpac possibly with player housing and some sort of an option (possibly with phasing) to visit each others houses and go from there. Maybe theres 2 potential house spots all over azeroth per zone and you can have your house there + a farm in a major city, that way you can take your friends (when your the leader of the group) to chill at your house. Don;t know how it would work but certainly see it coming together
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.