Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, rogues don't in 5.1.
    Was assuming he wasn't looking into competitive PvP for this season.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I don't see any 'real' top tier comps for either of them though. I dont see anyone taking a Enh over a Rogue. Ret might be seen more though, Ret/Dk/Priest might even make an unwanted comeback.
    Ret/DK/Priest won't come back. Much more likely to see something like Monk/DK/Priest if anything.
    And to who you quoted, Ret, even with the buffs, will still be trained into the ground. Triple dps will not work with a Ret paladin.
    The sac buff and the 2 min cd cleanse are not enough to prevent people from training squishy paladin into the ground.

    @OP: Monk, Rogue, Frost Mage, or DK for dps.

  3. #23
    Brewmaster Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Go Ret Paladin, every RBG group is dying to have one.
    I think a lot of paladins would strongly disagree with you. Rets don't bring much to the table.

    Mage or Rogue are always solid picks.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.

  4. #24
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I think a lot of paladins would strongly disagree with you. Rets don't bring much to the table.

    Mage or Rogue are always solid picks.
    He was being sarcastic.

    Personally I'd pick druid. All four specs are useful in some way. Feral damage is nuts in arena (I don't think cyclone nerf will be too bad). Boomkin damage is nuts in rbgs, and they are getting a healing buff. Resto is getting a 10% buff. Guardians are amazing in RBG.

  5. #25
    Warrior, DK, Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Shadowpriest. Stay away from all the rest because you will regret it.

  6. #26
    Demo Locks are fun

  7. #27
    Field Marshal Feesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    51
    Mage/spriest this season, I'd probably pick a rogue or monk for 5.2 though. Sounds like they're trying to "apologize" to these classes in 5.2 by making them a little overpowered.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    If you haven't really touched pvp, rogue (or druid) would be a good choice. Stealth let's you pick your battles to an extent.
    edit: guess I quoted the wrong person, their was another post I was trying to quote.

    The thing that pisses allot of people off is that Blizz chooses one viable spec for hybrids, so for Shammys and Pallys its healing, for priests right now its shadow, druids not sure about, people so resto druid is not viable however I see plenty in arenas and rbs.

    Plus locks heal for more than any hybrid class in a dps spec yet Locks are not considered hybrid? lol ok

    Mages have a lay on hand with glyph of Evo, and Rogues do allot of healing with recupe and dont get me even started on the face rolledness of second with and defensive stance.

    And Ret will be a complete joke in 5.2. I really dont get why Blizz has such a problem with them
    Last edited by Svarbald; 2013-02-07 at 03:51 AM.

  9. #29
    Warriors are incredibly strong and borderline overpowered right now, after 5.2 they'll be more in line. mages have been good throughout cata/mop and almost the entire history of wow actually. hunters are ok but nowhere near as bad as they were at launch (stampede fixed, hits like a wet noodle now but somehow still scares people) monks and rogues looking to be the new FOTM in 5.2, resto shaman and holy paladins are pretty much guaranteed 2200. any other healer you have to work for it.

  10. #30
    You can never go wrong with a mongoloid class such as warr, feral or fdk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Rogues do allot of healing with recupe
    lolwat

  11. #31
    I STRONGLY advocate researching on "RBG Must-haves" classes.

    Currently, most people use OQ to get RBGs to get that last 400 conquest points.

    Next patch, people WILL use it to inflate their caps to get to the 27000 mark asap to get elite gear.

    So RBG "viability" (I use it loosely, I hate how most people confuse this with OPness) is a MUST.

    Cannot go wrong with almost any caster (esp. Lock and Mage), healer, Feral, Dks, Warr, Rogue (the smokebomb change will synergize insanely). Monks also look good even post-ROP nerf, jury is still out though.

    In otherwords run away from Rets, DPS Shaman.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I STRONGLY advocate researching on "RBG Must-haves" classes.

    Currently, most people use OQ to get RBGs to get that last 400 conquest points.

    Next patch, people WILL use it to inflate their caps to get to the 27000 mark asap to get elite gear.

    So RBG "viability" (I use it loosely, I hate how most people confuse this with OPness) is a MUST.

    Cannot go wrong with almost any caster (esp. Lock and Mage), healer, Feral, Dks, Warr, Rogue (the smokebomb change will synergize insanely). Monks also look good even post-ROP nerf, jury is still out though.

    In otherwords run away from Rets, DPS Shaman.
    its not a MUST. just because you get extra points doesn't make it a MUST. with the changes coming 5.2 you can even come and grab the glad title if you reach lvl 90 mid season. so stop the crap. there is one thing you MUST do in life. and thats dieing. the rest are all option. you don't need to pay TAX. you don't need a house. you don't need to buy food. and if you go for cap ret pala is welcome. if you want to be in a fair 3k rated team you are out of luck. but a 1500/2000 cap team will bring you in if you know what to do.

  13. #33
    Warrior, hunter, mage, lock, SP.

    Ranged classes seem to be more forgiving when you do a mistake.
    On the other hand when u play a warr or fdk and you face a caster or a healer you can make them feel useless while just facerolling over them.
    Its a different story when u meet rly skilled players, but hey.... 99% of all battles this wont be the case.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    its not a MUST. just because you get extra points doesn't make it a MUST. with the changes coming 5.2 you can even come and grab the glad title if you reach lvl 90 mid season. so stop the crap. there is one thing you MUST do in life. and thats dieing. the rest are all option. you don't need to pay TAX. you don't need a house. you don't need to buy food. and if you go for cap ret pala is welcome. if you want to be in a fair 3k rated team you are out of luck. but a 1500/2000 cap team will bring you in if you know what to do.
    Wow dramatic much? You know exactly what I mean. And no, it's not crap. Next PVP season will have a far greater emphasis on RBGs. Any PVPer who has been keeping up to date knows this. He asked for superior classes. I told him which, and added that RBG viability is a must if only just to ease his quality of life in getting into competitive PVP. More points = more gear = better chance competitively. Don't pretend gear isn't half of PVP as it is right now. You can't outplay a warrior who 2 shots you when the gates open.

    And, read his first post and you'll know he's not 2000 capable right off the bat. He asked for superior, I told him almost all classes are have a viable chance save the 2 I mentioned. I'm not wrong.

    Get off your high horse.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Wow dramatic much? You know exactly what I mean. And no, it's not crap. Next PVP season will have a far greater emphasis on RBGs. Any PVPer who has been keeping up to date knows this. He asked for superior classes. I told him which, and added that RBG viability is a must if only just to ease his quality of life in getting into competitive PVP. More points = more gear = better chance competitively. Don't pretend gear isn't half of PVP as it is right now. You can't outplay a warrior who 2 shots you when the gates open.

    And, read his first post and you'll know he's not 2000 capable right off the bat. He asked for superior, I told him almost all classes are have a viable chance save the 2 I mentioned. I'm not wrong.

    Get off your high horse.
    i'm dramatic? you start using cap like a manic how you need to do rbg the first week or your out the rest of the season. and you are forched to do rbg and that kind of crap. and i'm not on a high horse. looks like you mixing things up a bit.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i'm dramatic? you start using cap like a manic how you need to do rbg the first week or your out the rest of the season. and you are forched to do rbg and that kind of crap. and i'm not on a high horse. looks like you mixing things up a bit.
    "so stop the crap. there is one thing you MUST do in life. and thats dieing. the rest are all option. "

    Ooh dying. So ominous. Sounds pretty dramatic to me.

    I'm rereading my first post. Doesn't say anything about needing to do RBG in first week or out for rest of the season. Quote please? Perhaps it's you that is mixing things up.

    I said RBG "viability" is key. And it is if you want to remain competitively geared. Also, I never said you'll be out if you miss a few weeks though - the catch up conquest cap mechanic will help. OP has never done competitive PVP. He's not going to go to 2K right off the bat. He needs to gear and get experience.

    And don't pretend capping isn't important. Its virtually the main reason oqueue is so popular right now. Half the grps are "LOW MMR RBG for Cap".

    Honestly I think you're just trolling for a fight and picking on things I never said. Have what you will.

  17. #37
    Warrior if u want to do well without trying to much, they do so much damage in arena its uncanny

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, rogues don't in 5.1.
    Rogues are viable if you're a good player. Reckful is currently gladiator-range and going for rank 1 on his rogue in mixed dreadful/malevolent-gear

  19. #39
    But thats reckful he can roll a anteater and still win...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelis View Post
    But thats reckful he can roll a anteater and still win...
    Sure, but its still a rogue. People seem to think that rogues are completely destroyed this season which is complete bullshit im afraid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •