Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    shadow priest is well liked in rbg grps and they getting bonus healing next patch despite being a dps spec
    they intentionally nerfed the priest heals to counter the increased healing from pvp power to leave shadow as it is if i dont remember wrong.

Level your rogue would be my suggestion to you.
    if you barely touched your rogue ever you wont have good times playing one

also if by pvp you mean more like doing lots of random bgs and only doing bare minimum cap in arenas, ranged classes have easier time in bg setting most of the times unless you run with a pocket healer.

Right now it's SP war, Shaman/pal for healer
    Next patch it's probably going to be hunter/DK

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    "so stop the crap. there is one thing you MUST do in life. and thats dieing. the rest are all option. "

Ooh dying. So ominous. Sounds pretty dramatic to me.

I'm rereading my first post. Doesn't say anything about needing to do RBG in first week or out for rest of the season. Quote please? Perhaps it's you that is mixing things up.

I said RBG "viability" is key. And it is if you want to remain competitively geared. Also, I never said you'll be out if you miss a few weeks though - the catch up conquest cap mechanic will help. OP has never done competitive PVP. He's not going to go to 2K right off the bat. He needs to gear and get experience.

And don't pretend capping isn't important. Its virtually the main reason oqueue is so popular right now. Half the grps are "LOW MMR RBG for Cap".

Honestly I think you're just trolling for a fight and picking on things I never said. Have what you will.
    i'm not here to troll.

So RBG "viability" (I use it loosely, I hate how most people confuse this with OPness) is a MUST

you didn't say rbg viable is key. you said its a must. with it not. i agree 100% with you that if you don't cap you will be behind the rest. but its only a few weeks behind. noting to worrier about it. and the key the get into a rbg is play the class you like/good with. i would rater take a skilled ret pala then a noob arms warrior in my team.

but maybe i miss understood you a bit. sorry about that. i was more reading your forched to do rbg at 2600+ to reach glad title. loosing streaks in random bg and some bad phone calls irl can make you pritty pissed

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Sure, but its still a rogue. People seem to think that rogues are completely destroyed this season which is complete bullshit im afraid
    Thoroughly agreed. They're very strong but you gotta "get" that class. Not easy at all. I both respect and detest a well played rogue, because their playstyle just makes you wanna flip a table from the CC combos but stay to see how the hell the guy's locking you down for 15 seconds straight

Probably frost mage.

Not ret.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i'm not here to troll.

So RBG "viability" (I use it loosely, I hate how most people confuse this with OPness) is a MUST

you didn't say rbg viable is key. you said its a must. with it not. i agree 100% with you that if you don't cap you will be behind the rest. but its only a few weeks behind. noting to worrier about it. and the key the get into a rbg is play the class you like/good with. i would rater take a skilled ret pala then a noob arms warrior in my team.

but maybe i miss understood you a bit. sorry about that. i was more reading your forched to do rbg at 2600+ to reach glad title. loosing streaks in random bg and some bad phone calls irl can make you pritty pissed
    I appreciate your honesty, and we're good . We are both here to help OP.

I'm just trying to advise OP not to roll a class that just makes you feel... unwanted. From first hand experience, many people will keep asking you to go holy, even if you end up doing the killing/damage/healing that wins the game. They'll even say, "wow you're good man. You should totally go holy then we can go even further (rating wise)". I facepalmed my head so hard I left a mark for the rest of the night.

He asked for a "superior class". Ret has its good sides, and can be strong in the hands of a good player, but most times you're just benched for another melee both Arena and RBG wise.

So far, according to 5.2 notes, Ret and DPS shaman* have been left in the dust. You can go far with them if you are skilled/try hard etc. (See vanguards for a great role model), but as a whole, most other DPS specs are getting love (rogue, monk), staying strong (DK, warrior, every other damn caster :P) while Ret got the hybrid healing buff, glyph of blessed life, hand of sac buff. It's not gonna change things.

*Not sure how Shamanistic rage and the other buffs have been helping, I hope I am wrong here. Doesn't look like it though. Just my speculative opinion.

Deleted
    Just get yourself a hunter and faceroll everything.

I cant understand how this class can ride under the radar for so long withour nerfs.

Its one of the most op classes in the game at the moment up there with warriors and mages.

@Booniehat

correct. and to add a bit extra holy is indeed great for healing in rbg. also if you keep rerolling try a druid. atm 3 of the 4 specs have a place in rbg(guarian/resto/boomy)
    feral ain't that great.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:22 PM ----------

Just get yourself a hunter and faceroll everything.

I cant understand how this class can ride under the radar for so long withour nerfs.

Its one of the most op classes in the game at the moment up there with warriors and mages.
    ?? did you live under a rock? or i'm just good at killing hunters? the call zoo skill can be a hard one. but if you rof them or fear or mass cc them its a easy to counter skill. and hunter reveived alot of nerfs. only break cc instead of perma cc. the zoo dmg that takes resil into account(more of a fix).

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    its not a MUST. just because you get extra points doesn't make it a MUST. with the changes coming 5.2 you can even come and grab the glad title if you reach lvl 90 mid season. so stop the crap. there is one thing you MUST do in life. and thats dieing. the rest are all option. you don't need to pay TAX. you don't need a house. you don't need to buy food. and if you go for cap ret pala is welcome. if you want to be in a fair 3k rated team you are out of luck. but a 1500/2000 cap team will bring you in if you know what to do.
    Take this razorblade, you will need it.

Mage. Always somewhere between above average and OP. Pretty fun to play as well.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    mage. mage has never been bad. ever.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Take this razorblade, you will need it.
    and why do you think i shave electric?

but no i don't need to kill me self. i'm perfecly happy the way i live now.

anything else?

removing my post - thank the moderators.
    Last edited by cerebro; 2013-02-11 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I don't see any 'real' top tier comps for either of them though. I dont see anyone taking a Enh over a Rogue. Ret might be seen more though, Ret/Dk/Priest might even make an unwanted comeback.
    Enhance has been gladiator viable since 4.3 up until and including now. It's just resto is just so much easier to do it with. Ret on the other hand has been rank 1 viable literally every single season since s5. Even now with warrior dominance in 5.1 ret can eek it out because, while it's obviously worse than warrior and feral, it's just that much better than other melee.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Right now it's SP war, Shaman/pal for healer
    Next patch it's probably going to be hunter/DK
    PHDK is definitely going to be VERY strong next patch. But I think ww monk/rogue/healer will be better. And shatterplay and godcomp are going to be as great as every with most of the mage nerfs getting reverted and spriests hardly being touched.

I think KFC will probably do pretty well still too though most teams will replace their warriors with UH dk's in that comp.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-07 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    mage. mage has never been bad. ever.
    Hmm, wonder why? :P

Deleted
    Mages are so godlike at every single season that it's impossible to do bad with one but instead of more FOTM mages, we need more people who play the class they love.

Deleted
    Which one to main: ww monk or mage? also if mage what spec

also is warlock as shit as people think it is in warlock-forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    So far, according to 5.2 notes, Ret and DPS shaman* have been left in the dust. You can go far with them if you are skilled/try hard etc. (See vanguards for a great role model), but as a whole, most other DPS specs are getting love (rogue, monk)
    Actually, only sub is really getting love. Combat and Mutilate are getting some improvements, but rogues are mostly single specced wonders, sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    and spriests hardly being touched.
    You havent been paying attention to the PTR have you? Spriests are probably the most nerfed caster of them all in 5.2 seeing as mage/lock-nerfs were reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Actually, only sub is really getting love. Combat and Mutilate are getting some improvements, but rogues are mostly single specced wonders, sadly.
    Fair enough, BUT hey at least you rolled a DPS spec and you can play a DPS spec. Imagine you wanted to DPS as a Pally or Shaman, people keep coercing you to roll a healer instead. With your rogue you have at least 1 VERY viable spec. Not like you have to get a new set of gear every time you change spec. Not saying it's perfect, but at least you have DPS options.

Which one to main: ww monk or mage? also if mage what spec

also is warlock as shit as people think it is in warlock-forums?
    Your choice, both are strong. I don't like telling people PLAY X SPEC OR BUST. As I've said earlier, save a couple of redheaded stepchild specs, most spec ARE strong in different PVP aspects. E.g. Frost DK great in RBG, decent in Arena. Decide for yourself if you want melee or ranged and consider their offspecs as well. Mage is strongest in PVP as frost but fire is very well represented. Srsly, mage can do no wrong

Not sure about warlocks sometimes. I only play one in passing. People keep point to low arena rep as evidence the class sucks, but that's tenuous logic. You see the previous world tournaments dominated with warlocks (granted, demonology was mongoloid that point in time) and I think they are still strong. Also a fair amount of high rated locks. They are always in demand for RBGs for their gateways and AOE. Watch casteas16 on YouTube and you wanna roll a destro. Locks are kinda like... drinking japanese tea. It's good, but You have to like the flavor or you'll get frustrated.

If you roll a mage/ww monk "just because" you wanna be OP, but you naturally suck at them or dont enjoy the playstyle, why bother? You'll ragequit the next time they get a tiny nerf. But if you've found both are fun... well... play both or either one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:17 AM ----------

You havent been paying attention to the PTR have you? Spriests are probably the most nerfed caster of them all in 5.2 seeing as mage/lock-nerfs were reverted.
    I thought they've reverted the DP burst nerf? which nerf are you referring to? Sadly, I cannot access PTR - i have that client bug saying Im still playing cataclysm.