Poll: What do you think?

Thread: LFR loot ideas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or here is an idea. The satchel of spoils has a chance to drop a loot token you can trade in for any piece of loot that you need

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You are talking like valor doesn't exist anymore. Valor is still the same the cap is just a few 100 below what it used to be. You can get everything but a weapon from valor so its hardly "taking a back seat". In fact this is the first xpack where valor (or in bc/wrath badges which are the same thing) had a WHOLE SET from the start of the expansion.
    It is exactly taking a back seat. That's what the developers designed to happen. Go back and read the loot blog. Hell at one point they didn't even want valor in the game. They balked because they realized how pissed off it would make people but yea their it is.

The LFR loot system is already smart enough to refine the boss drops down to those items which suit your class and spec. I'd like to see it refined just a little further such that items you have equipped are excluded from the loot table. That way you want get duplicates.
    Also I'd like to see generic tier tokens drop which you could redeem for any tier piece of your choice.

I don't think anything that reduces the time required to gear in LFR is a good thing. A lot of people I know only raid LFR so if LFR gear was faster to obtain they would be left with months where there is no purpose to them doing LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that the loot system in LFR really needs much in the way of changing. What they did between 4.3 and 5.0 was enough. Normal/heroic raiding is pretty stingy with loot and the pieces you might need often don't drop for weeks. There's no real reason to make LFR any different in that respect.

Really, the point of the game is not to finish up with things and be done as quickly as you can.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the NPC idea alot that if you have the piece already you can keep it or trade it in for another piece from that loot table sounds really cool.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I propose a system that doesn't include having more chance or faster looting:
    - keep everything as it is now > with the addition that when you queue, you can select the loot that drops for you. Or perhaps you could select the loot that drops for you per boss. And with loot > I mean loottype. So you choose a spec beforehand and according to that spec I gain loot.

I am a pretty awesome healer. But I truly suck at dps. Why should I slow the raid down and let some other crappy offspec healer heal for me while he could be dpsing and I could be healing?

I wouldnt mind being able to take an item I won that I didnt need and taking it to an NPC and redeeming it for the elder charm I used to get that item. Hate wasting a coin only to get an item that is a) lower item level than my current 489/496 rep gear or b) not used by my current dps style.

I prefer TG over SMF, I really wish the 1 hand sword and 2 handed axe weren't on the same boss. Hate using a coin and getting the sword instead of the axe.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because valor is "taking a back seat" this expansion. Nobody would care if they had a back up plan for gearing. Valor made it so that you weren't at the mercy of RNG. Remove that and people realize how fucking shitty it is. It was shitty in vanilla to btw. In fact it's always been shitty.
    I concur with the doctors opinion. RNG always causes more frustration than excitement.
    Esp if it's a fixed 5% chance of getting what you need, since you only need a weapon from LFR, the rest can be bought for Valor.

Personally: I don't get why Blizzard is so fond of RNG crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I concur with the doctors opinion. RNG always causes more frustration than excitement.
    Esp if it's a fixed 5% chance of getting what you need, since you only need a weapon from LFR, the rest can be bought for Valor.

Personally: I don't get why Blizzard is so fond of RNG crap.
    Personally I would like that I got a token and that token would give me access to an NPC. That NPC could then make that token into any loot I wanted.

Thats what I want. But I know that what I want won't really be nice gamewise would it. Everyone gets geared up insanely quick and blizzard would have to implement content even faster then they are doing now = bad content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Would be nice if we could trade one item we dont need a week for a gold charm. But thats just not going to happen. Would probably take wayyy too much time to implement just for the sake of an extra charm a week.

It really seems we're just gonna have to get used to having drops we dont need from time to time :P
    Would be nice if I could get 1 item a week...or even 1 a month for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Personally I would like that I got a token and that token would give me access to an NPC. That NPC could then make that token into any loot I wanted.

Thats what I want. But I know that what I want won't really be nice gamewise would it. Everyone gets geared up insanely quick and blizzard would have to implement content even faster then they are doing now = bad content.
    Yeah.. at least what LFR is concerned. (Still have to equip 25+reserve people with limited drops in regular 25man)
    Well... I'm hoping that there will be BoE Blacksmith weapons someday, so I don't have to suffer that LFR BS any longer with my alts. Really don't enjoy getting goldbags for beating practice dummys.

If loot gets changed it needs to in some way address things for the people that can't get stuff to drop. The suggested plan in the OP assumes you're getting doubles etc, and some people simply aren't even getting anything. I've had 3 drops from LFR all xpac, and have done all of them that are available weekly on my main plus a bunch of times on alts (none of whom have gotten a single drop). It's pretty frustrating, and I find it really irritating that something so RNG based is constantly put forward as a gearing option when things like that can and do happen to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah.. at least what LFR is concerned. (Still have to equip 25+reserve people with limited drops in regular 25man)
    Well... I'm hoping that there will be BoE Blacksmith weapons someday, so I don't have to suffer that LFR BS any longer with my alts. Really don't enjoy getting goldbags for beating practice dummys.
    Yeah - it is getting boring fast. Practice dummies do not really give me the same feeling I had when I was doing heroic raids with my guild. But alas since I no longer have time to do those, I get "off" by outhealing people. But then again... thats not hard I think as a lot of "healers" cba healing anyway. I've seen the top healer be at 39% the 2nd at 20 and the rest just below 10. If thats the case then either we have serious skill issues brewing in WoW or people just cba playing and rather be afkish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noden View Post
    -Do LFR and kill a boss
    -Boss gives you a piece of loot
    -You realize that hey you already have that piece of loot. (situation 1)
    -You realize the piece you just won from the other lfr is almost identical or very close in stats (situation 2)
    -You can go to the eternal (or whatever that model is called) and pay a fee of 100g to trade that piece for another piece of gear from the same bosses loot table.
    This might be ok if it was valor/justice points and not gold. Gold is just too easy to acquire for that purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah - it is getting boring fast. Practice dummies do not really give me the same feeling I had when I was doing heroic raids with my guild. But alas since I no longer have time to do those, I get "off" by outhealing people. But then again... thats not hard I think as a lot of "healers" cba healing anyway. I've seen the top healer be at 39% the 2nd at 20 and the rest just below 10. If thats the case then either we have serious skill issues brewing in WoW or people just cba playing and rather be afkish.
    Considering how utterly boring LFR healing (Throw AoE heals -> Yell at group for not stacking up -> Profit) or healing outside raids has gotten I'd opt for the fact that they are semi AFK.

Deleted
    i like to report i won three time in the same run the same leather belt and it was worst then my 489 counterpart from rep...
    i hate this loot system.
    after a few months i started hating this whole xpac, ok the lore is good and the raids are well made but...
    1)it's so alt unfriendly
    2)too much rep based, i'm ok with having to do dailies on my main but having 10 alts is useless now where you have to do tons of dailies just to enter in more than mgv lfr
    3)rng is ok but now i have to rely too much on it just to gear up my alts
    4)being forced to play only 1 char horribly sucks
    5)i don't have 5 hour per day to play effectively on at lest 4 chars

in the end i stopped playing for the moment, hoping for blizz to change this, or else there are better options that requires less time to be fun to play.

p.s. this isn't a complain post, just stating the personal reasons why i'm not playing anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really miss the BC/WOTLK vendors to be honest. It wasn't game-changing gear, but it could help you get a little help for raiding. I wish they would bring that back. People would be more inclined to play alts again.

This gear you can get now with valor AND rep is a bit too much. I trully find this reputation grind annoying. Maybe we don't have to do it if we raid, but I do like playing my alts and would like a better chance at getting a few pieces at least(other than the terrible lfr/rep grind system). I don't like how devs keep saying that we DON'T HAVE TO DO THE REP GRIND, and yet most raiding guilds won't take you if haven't been working on the legendary quest chain/black prince rep grind.....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    This gear you can get now with valor AND rep is a bit too much. I trully find this reputation grind annoying.
    Bleh. I find the valor gating far more annoying. Takes 2 weeks to get all factions to revered, less if you quest all at once.
    But dat mind numbingly boring valor grind... >.<

To clarify on points made towards my post in no specific order.
    -I am not a person who joined in cata I have been in the game since late vanilla when it was about to go BC and have been raiding since bc content.
    -I do like the idea of it being an elder charm/valor instead of gold or even a higher gold requirement like 1k gold.
    -As for the whole complaining about not getting loot thing my only loot complaint is seeing the same couple of pieces drop every other week while I know I'm selling it off to a vendor and some poor soul could have used a piece from that boss.
    - I am not a lfr only hero I do raid the actual content in a 10 man raid.
    -I have seen plenty of people that if their life depended on getting a piece of lfr gear in one month they would be in the grave because they can't get anything.
    -The idea for the loot queue (pick the spec you want but go in on another spec) isn't a bad idea at all.
    -Maybe implement a tracker so that you can't do the trades until you have downed the boss x amount of times (like 4 times or so)