The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Burnout Blues. is it time to quit?

Hey guys.

Been playing wow for about 5 years now and I dont think MOP is doing it for me.

Can't do raids because i am a low 474 ilevel. The ones I do get to do cant get past Elgelon or Blade Lord Tayak.

I despise dailies so I simply dont do them.

I only get gold in LFR 90 percent of the time.

Guild hardly raids anymore. When they do its not pretty.

Hardly talk to anyone anymore. Most of my better friends are on the opposite faction.

Any recommendations?

faction change to your friends and maybe perhaps invest a little more effort in the game to either join a hardcore guild or improve in pvp.

your itemlvl is fine. and join a guild that takes the game seriously. and that actually shows progression during encounters.

Stop playing for awhile. Come back once you see something that seems like it would be fun to you.

I stopped playing 1 month after MoP released. I burned myself out way to fast. Now I am waiting to see what will officially make it into 5.2. If I like what I see, so far I do, I will start playing again.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what klaps said. Either put your time into progression raiding (Elegon is possible), or faction change. Or, you could simply take a break from WoW, nothing wrong with doing that.

What keeps you logging in each day? If you don't have a good answer, that's a good signal that it's time to unsubscribe and find something new to do with your free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a break. Even short breaks can make the game feel refreshing if you feel like returning. And if you don't because you've found something you enjoy more, then you don't!

Alternatively, invest in a faction change or a reroll to play with your friends. Being able to play with friends is a massive improvement over playing alone. You will probably have way, way more fun that way.

(also, ilvl 474 is plenty fine for all the Tier 14 normals!)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yup. Nothing wrong with unsubbing if you aren't having fun, you can always come back later if you decide you want to try it again.

Deleted
    Play with your friends, or stop playing altogether. I am currently unsubbed myself, waiting for 5.2 to come

Deleted
    Im at 471ilvl, and i can completely agree with the OP how unbelieveably disheartening it is to be at this position. I was lucky I found a guild that was willing to take me and seem to have reasonably active raiding. People generally have so skewed point of views about this game regarding what ilvl you need to certaing raids etc.

Hell, many people raided in mop when they were half greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Hey guys.

Been playing wow for about 5 years now and I dont think MOP is doing it for me.

Can't do raids because i am a low 474 ilevel. The ones I do get to do cant get past Elgelon or Blade Lord Tayak.

I despise dailies so I simply dont do them.

I only get gold in LFR 90 percent of the time.

Guild hardly raids anymore. When they do its not pretty.

Hardly talk to anyone anymore. Most of my better friends are on the opposite faction.

Any recommendations?
    Try a different game. Whats it going to hurt? Maybe you get hooked up with a new set of people and have more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Im at 471ilvl, and i can completely agree with the OP how unbelieveably disheartening it is to be at this position. I was lucky I found a guild that was willing to take me and seem to have reasonably active raiding. People generally have so skewed point of views about this game regarding what ilvl you need to certaing raids etc.

Hell, many people raided in mop when they were half greens.
    No, they didnt. MSV wasnt released until 1 week after MOP was released, most people could get Full blues and a few epics by then. Only a few would even have ANY greens stepping into MSV normal. (Well, stepping in and actually killing anything).

If you're burned out, then yes, by all means, take a break. It's what I did. I got burned out at the end of Cataclysm and cancelled my subscription at the end of September 2012. Most of my friends are also no longer playing, my guild broke up, and I was just tired of it (particularly the long stretch of running DS until I was sick of it). Aside from firing up the 10-day trial for MoP just to dick around a little bit, I haven't gone back yet.

If you're getting tired of the game, don't force yourself to keep playing it. That'll just make it worse. Cancel your subscription for a while and find something else to do, then come back when you feel like it. Everything will be right where you left it when/if you come back, so it's not like you're going to lose anything. It's good to try and keep in touch with your friends if you're going to take a break though. I still keep in touch with the few friends who do still play WoW (mostly either through Steam or Real ID because I still play Starcraft2).

That all being said, if you have enough friends on the opposite faction, a faction transfer (or just a reroll if you're like me and don't want to pay for it) might be a good investment.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-04 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    If the game bores you then yea take a break, save some money and invest your time in other things.
    You could always talk to your friends ingame what they are doing and maybe they are doing stuff that is fun and that you would like to do to.

Deleted
    If you get gold in LFR about 90% of the time then everything seems to work as intended as the chance for a piece of loot to drop is about 15% (I've heard). If all your raid groups are bad and your guild doesn't raid much or well, then join another guild. If most of your friends play the other faction - change the faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a break can really make a big difference in how you feel about the game. I recommend it. I usually take a couple of months every year and go play in other MMO's to both see what's up with them and to refresh.

Given the state of most other MMO's with only a couple of exceptions, you'll appreciate just how good WoW is when you return.

As for friends, I think I'd re-roll and have your friends help you to level up. Playing with friends is also a very big game-changer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

what others have said, join a guild more serious about raiding, it takes 9/24 others to make raids successful, and yeh faction change is always an option especially if they raid and could give you a good word to get a raid spot.

we're 13/16 25 hc i am ilvl 505 and we've taken new people like ilvl 482, so its really about proving you're worth the spot in raids not going, I R ILVL 500 I PRO GIEF RAID SPOT cause that doesn't really prove anything anyone can be carried and win loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely you can make this choice on your own?

No one can force you to carry on doing something you cannot be arsed with.

Get a grip!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want an honest answer? Fine. Stop being bad. If you want to raid, get geared for raids. Get at least 471 in all slots (upgrade blues, get crafted gear, sha of anger, etc) If you don't want to raid, stop complaining. If you want to raid casual, well what do you expect? You aren't going to get Paragon level raiders one a 1-2 night a week schedule, or with people who aren't good/don' take time to prepare. Maybe you are burned out, and that's fine. But the reason you can't get anything done is because you are too lazy to do the work to prepare. If that isn't your cup-o-tea anymore, try a game like League or SC2 would be my advice.

They upped the difficulty of normal raids. It sounds like LFR is your intended content, but you aren't showing enough patience for that.

The drop rate is gear 1/6 of the time, not 1/10 of the time. You can also increase the chance of gear you need by targeted use of Elder Charms, and purchase of VP gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"