Constant crashes when loading into instances.

Tried posting on the technical support WoW forum and have received no responses. I'm posting here in the hopes of better luck.

I am having constant issues with crashes any time I go into a BG, Arena, Scenario, or Instance. They happen in bursts, one moment I could be fine doing a bunch of whatever. The next I'm DCing or crashing. And once it starts, it doesn't stop for hours. And to make it worse, almost every time this happens when I log back in I have deserter debuff and am kicked out of whatever I was doing. This started with MoP and has been getting progressively worse. Now it's starting to happen with just hearthing.

I've done google searches for similar issues, the main solution I find is a vid card not being supported, but I've checked and my card is supported and I updated the driver just to be sure.

Which version of Direct X are you currently running? Some video cards are having issues with the latest version, and we're seeing reports that if a person downgrades to DX9 that may resolve the issue. Feel free to PM me as needed.

Not at home to try this, but wanted to say thanks for the response. I've been worried I might not ever get an answer. I want to say I have 10 but I'll have to check when I get home.

I'll edit this once I can test it later when I try this.

EDIT: So, I was using 11, now down to 9, already I'm loading in faster than before, I'm betting this solution is going to work for me. Thanks a ton Araxom ^_^
    Last edited by Miatog; 2013-02-01 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds kind of like what was happening to a few raiders in my guild last night. Only difference is they wouldn't dc when running into an instance, but they would dc whenever they were resurrected in raid.

Awesome, good to know all is well!
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-02-04 at 10:54 PM. Reason: update

just did a bunch of arenas and a few PvE instances, had a few with an unsettling long load time, but other than that, no issues at all. Lowering to 9 seems to have done it, thanks a ton ^_^

UPDATE: It helped but there seems to be more going on, it's doing it again, but it's not happening every day like it used to.

hmm - if it's still happening, it might not hurt to send in your diagnostics with the report of how you swapped back to DX9. Once you have those submitted in a ticket, please PM me and I'll be happy to also take a look.