Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hunter pve fix to do

Hi everyone,

To understand my point of vue, i will introduce my self a little bit:
    I'm playing my hunter for now 6 years, i've always been in the top 40 in world of log (in the hunter bracket), always cleaned all the raid Hc 25 man before every nerf, i have more than 400 day /played...
    For the first time I really feel that hunter in pve are really lower than the others.
    The only exceptions where hunters on this tier can be okay are: pure mono target or huge AOE (like meljarak).

As the dev and everyone else noticed in HC you will have something like 2 fight where a hunter can be "good" ! Which is really disappointing for a class whom has 3 spec dps. I'd like to be able to switch spec to adapt my self to a fight but they are really underrated.
    When a fight is not mono target now we use to take sv spec ( but i depends and what spec you prefer).

At the beginning i thought that hunter will be the best in mono target.. they really are not. ( e.g. link bellow)

simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

SOOOO, beacause hunters really need something to be competitive in almost all the fight i will propose few ideas.

1) 5.2 the dev will erase the hunt's mark glyph to make it passive.... my idea is simple.

Spell Name: "share the pain" ?

effect: The hunter marks an other target to receive 50% of the dmg dealt on his current target and 65% of its pet dmg (kill comand included)

explanation:
    it has been for a while that i am now thinking about this idea because as we all now hunter suxx on multi doting / cleave encounters.
    This would be the thing that every one is waiting for.
    One spell, to give back to hunters their slot in raid.

2) spell name: grenade

effect: deal x damages (applicable on up to 3 targets) during 15 sec every 3 sec. Explodes at the end of the 15s dealing 450% of the periodic damage in a 10 yard range around the target (it's kinda like the living bomb)
    explanation:
    once again in pve hunters needs something more to be good in all the fights where we need a cleave or multi dot. (because or aoe suxx except in sv but the mobs need to be packed and to be a lot... which mean only one boss on this tier).

MSV:
    Necessary for the 1st, 4th,5th and 6th bosses

Hof:
    Necessary for the 3rd, 4th,5th and 6th bosses

ToES:
    Necessary for the 1st (orbs dps), and the sha

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's aren't nearly as bad as everyone is saying. Sure we aren't mages, or locks at this point, but we are extremely strong single target, have unlimited mobility with no cost and bring quite a bit of unique utility to a raid group. Sure we have this 'bloated' rotation that some people like and some people hate, but overall it's not that bad.

The Hunter Mark Glyph will be passive in 5.2, its a fact already.

About cleave damage, i rather they create a new Aspect (maybe of Hydra) that when active, the signature skill (Kill command/Explosive Shot/Chimera Shot) would hit 2 additional targets near your main target.

Why wouldnt it be OP? Cause Blizz could change the % of the damage dealt on the additional targets for the value they juldge is fine.

Why the Hunter wouldnt simply use it all the time? Cause he would lose he +15 % AP bonus plus the -15 % damage reduction.

I dont know about you guys, but i would love to see Explosive Shot actually explodes and hit everything around the target... haha

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    The Hunter Mark Glyph will be passive in 5.2, its a fact already.

About cleave damage, i rather they create a new Aspect (maybe of Hydra) that when active, the signature skill (Kill command/Explosive Shot/Chimera Shot) would hit 2 additional targets near your main target.

Why wouldnt it be OP? Cause Blizz could change the % of the damage dealt on the additional targets for the value they juldge is fine.

Why the Hunter wouldnt simply use it all the time? Cause he would lose he +15 % AP bonus plus the -15 % damage reduction.

I dont know about you guys, but i would love to see Explosive Shot actually explodes and hit everything around the target... haha
    Explosive Shot doing that would be pretty awesome and "explosive-y". Doubt it will ever get implemented though :/

(15% damage reduction only applies if you are using Iron Hawk, don't worry if you use Exhilaration or Spirit Bond)

Quote Originally Posted by das2B View Post
    Spell Name: "share the pain"
    Let me guess - it creates a "buff hunters!!1" thread in every major WoW community site, no cooldown?
    Seriously though, you people should calm down. Hunters are not THAT bad as some of you try to make it look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Explosive Shot doing that would be pretty awesome and "explosive-y". Doubt it will ever get implemented though :/

(15% damage reduction only applies if you are using Iron Hawk, don't worry if you use Exhilaration or Spirit Bond)
    explosive shot used to cleave.... but they nerfed it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I wonder.
    Well, it's true that we're lacking a cleave...but not all classes have a cleave. Multidot exists for SV now that SrS is buffed, though it might be a bit weak...but again, not all classes have multidot.
    On the other hand, most have either cleave or multidot. It would be nice to have at least something. I'd say cleave for BM, and multidot for SV, but no idea about MM. Both of those don't really fit MM style.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    explosive shot used to cleave.... but they nerfed it.
    It used to Chain endlessly and also had a stun included. I believe those were solid reasons to change it.

Deleted
    Back in Ulduar Explosive Shot did AoE damage, I believe that was the case. The AoE damage you could do with it was just way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Back in Ulduar Explosive Shot did AoE damage, I believe that was the case. The AoE damage you could do with it was just way over the top.
    This video has a slight "lol" moment back in TBC with ES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaf9hl_Eua8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

My god I would give up Serpent Spread for that. Not because Serpent Spread is bad or because Explosive Shot AoEing is more practical, but that is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Video was made on the ptr and that version on ES never made it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    Hunter's aren't nearly as bad as everyone is saying. Sure we aren't mages, or locks at this point, but we are extremely strong single target, have unlimited mobility with no cost and bring quite a bit of unique utility to a raid group. Sure we have this 'bloated' rotation that some people like and some people hate, but overall it's not that bad.
    No. Hunters are not fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    How calculated and insightful of you to say! Care to state why you think so?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

I'd love for you to explain? Show logs proving what you are saying, I'll show you plenty of logs showing what I'm saying. Sure locks and mages are pretty far ahead, mages also can't move or they suck. Warlocks are the only class right now that is 'broken' in terms of observably large amounts of damage on top of a ton of utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters aren't fine in the sense that they're significantly behind mages and locks. Whether the solution to that is to move mages and locks down or buff other DPS (esp pure dps), is a different question but when someone can only bring DPS they need to being DPS that's highly competitive. The real issue we have though is that SV kills on AOE damage but is generally lackluster in single target fights. To me, the answer is to play BM well and AOE the crap out of the trash (and on bosses like Windlord) and then go BM when you have a single target fight. We DO have dual spec and it's a bit odd that more people don't switch back and forth depending on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    We DO have dual spec and it's a bit odd that more people don't switch back and forth depending on the fight.
    That's not exactly a problem with the class, but a problem with the player. You can't just buff a class to make up for a player's shortcomings.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-05 at 01:12 AM. Reason: I meant ''can't'' instead of ''can''. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Hunters aren't fine in the sense that they're significantly behind mages and locks. Whether the solution to that is to move mages and locks down or buff other DPS (esp pure dps), is a different question but when someone can only bring DPS they need to being DPS that's highly competitive. The real issue we have though is that SV kills on AOE damage but is generally lackluster in single target fights. To me, the answer is to play BM well and AOE the crap out of the trash (and on bosses like Windlord) and then go BM when you have a single target fight. We DO have dual spec and it's a bit odd that more people don't switch back and forth depending on the fight.
    blizzard has also stated more then once the whole point of the new talent system was so that people did not have to constantly swap spec, they could play what they liked and have them all be viable. Granted they screwed the pooch with the "viable" thing

Comparing us to OP aff locks and arcane mages doesn't prove anything. They are imbalanced, being 8-10% above everyone. Hunters are fine right now.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    blizzard has also stated more then once the whole point of the new talent system was so that people did not have to constantly swap spec, they could play what they liked and have them all be viable. Granted they screwed the pooch with the "viable" thing
    I seriously don't even know why you still play a hunter, all you do is bitch and complain about how the class is terrible, none of the specs are viable, and that the fucking world is ending. Go reroll mage and be OP forever. Hunters are in a fine position at the moment.