Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's not exactly a problem with the class, but a problem with the player. You can just buff a class to make up for a player's shortcomings.
    Agreed. Just noting it.

Nemesis - No, the talent system does NOT mean every spec would be equal and you wouldn't need to swap specs. The SV and BM specs are OK... however if you want to do the best you can you'll likely swap back and forth.

Teh - which is why i said that they can fix the imbalance by moving mages and locks back too. Which they choose is likely more dependent on encounter tuning in 5.2. But we're not fine, we're just OK.

Let me put it this way... if you have equally an geared mage and hunter and you can bring either to a raid (I mean you, the player), the RL will probably prefer the mage to the hunter right presuming equal skill on the part of the player. If we were fine, the difference would be small enough that a RL wouldn't care.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-02-05 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But we're not fine, we're just OK. Let me put it this way... if you have equally geared mage and hunter and you can bring either to the raid (I mean you, the player), the RL will probably prefer the mage to the hunter right now if you're as good at one as the other. If we were fine, the difference would be small enough that a RL wouldn't care.
    You get that its possible that hunters are "fine" and that the two specs listed are the ones not okay?

If I have two broken windows which are letting in far too much light, I don't say "omg all my other windows are broken, they are way darker than these two", I fix the two broken windows.

PVP for hunter is broken...not PVE, though can hope to be just a lil better...

Teh - which is why i said that they can fix the imbalance by moving mages and locks back too. Which they choose is likely more dependent on encounter tuning in 5.2. But we're not fine, we're just OK.

Let me put it this way... if you have equally an geared mage and hunter and you can bring either to a raid (I mean you, the player), the RL will probably prefer the mage to the hunter right presuming equal skill on the part of the player. If we were fine, the difference would be small enough that a RL wouldn't care.
    I was just saying that they are the outliers and should really be taken into account because they are op nothing should be beating them. Comparing us to them doesn't really show anything. Also we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You get that its possible that hunters are "fine" and that the two specs listed are the ones not okay?

If I have two broken windows which are letting in far too much light, I don't say "omg all my other windows are broken, they are way darker than these two", I fix the two broken windows.
    SV and BM are both fine, MM sucks.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    I seriously don't even know why you still play a hunter, all you do is bitch and complain about how the class is terrible, none of the specs are viable, and that the fucking world is ending. Go reroll mage and be OP forever. Hunters are in a fine position at the moment.
    did not say one thing about hunters in my post... you should stop trolling and attacking people.

10+ Year Old Account

You get that it's possible you should read the thread before hitting Reply?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This video has a slight "lol" moment back in TBC with ES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaf9hl_Eua8
    Looking at that video, I kind of miss Volley.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    did not say one thing about hunters in my post... you should stop trolling and attacking people.
    I think anyone that reads this forums on a near daily basis would say the exact same thing I did.

Back OT: MM is pretty far behind, blizzard seems to have recognized that with the AiM shot decreased cast time. All though a pretty band aid solution, it's something.

You get that it's possible you should read the thread before hitting Reply?
    I did read it. I saw you say "hunters aren't fine" repeatedly while other people pointed out that comparing us to arcane mages or afflic locks is an exercise in futility since blizzard has admitted those two classes are overpowered (as in, we are fine, they are not).

Now how about you actually respond to what I said instead of trying to shake my credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did read it. I saw you say "hunters aren't fine" repeatedly while other people pointed out that comparing us to arcane mages or afflic locks is an exercise in futility since blizzard has admitted those two classes are overpowered (as in, we are fine, they are not).

Now how about you actually respond to what I said instead of trying to shake my credibility.
    Your comprehension is poor then or you would have noted that from my first post I noted that Blizzard could fix the gap between us and mages/locks by buffing us or by moving them back. "Fine" to me, means that we're in the top third of the dps rankings (as all pures should be) or that the gap from top to bottom is around 5% and thus where we fall in the rankings isn't a big deal.

I'd say more but since you're picking and choosing what to read, why bother? The fact is that we're not great but we're viable - if by fine you mean viable then yeah, we're fine. To me, fine means 'where we should be in the dps rankings' and we're not there yet. The gap between the dps, esp the pure dps, should be smaller than it is now and will be in 5.2 it seems. But NOW... we're just OK, not fine.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-02-05 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Comparing us to OP aff locks and arcane mages doesn't prove anything. They are imbalanced, being 8-10% above everyone. Hunters are fine right now.
    What this guy said. Where hunter dps is now is about where everyone else should be, and some classes have it 'worse' than us. I'm not saying hunters are perfect, but the problem is that, no matter the spec, we have too much dependency on CDs and not enough sustained damage, and thus a lot of things to do at once, particularly during the opener, that have to be done correctly in order to push out with proper damage done in the end. And, while it is viable to multi-SrS on some fights, we do lack a cleave, which I think is just fine (hey we can cast while moving), there just needs to be less gimmicky fights where cleaving up the ass is so beneficial.

So, in the end, locks and mages (what else is new) are OP right now, and despite some gimmicky fights, there really are no other outliers. Yes, hunters need some tuning as I noted above, but if you find that you are getting spanked on the meters in every fight by every class, then it's a personal problem. As for 5.2, it's still too early to really say, they could easily buff a few things up as it gets closer, there is plenty of time to do so....seeing as they have hardly touched our class minus a few things, I do expect something, so be patient.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-05 at 04:31 AM.

Although i play my Hunter as an alt now, but i don't think anyone want to see yet another WOTLK/CATA ZOMGWTFBBQ NERf "Opps we broke the broken class even more" again...30% nerf on dmg each previous expansion proves some of the dev don't even care when PTR testing feedback, which shows it's "overly nerf"...At the end of the xpac, Warr/DK will Top the DPS once more and hunters, as usual, "we will add in more buttons for you to press". Don't think all will agree, but that's what usually happens. Just pray they "actually" fix hunters.

explosive shot did hit multiple mobs in early naxx ..was pretty good as well..but didnt last long before the nerf bat

Okay, let's move to some REAL issues.

Why isn't there still a Glyph of Somersault?

[Glyph of Somersault]

Causes your character to perform a somersault while disengaging

This change would pretty much balance hunters in both PvE and PvP. For at least 2 expansions.

no worries guys, changes are comin - The Fetch ability from Glyph of Fetch no longer requires a target. When activated, the pet will automatically choose a nearby corpse to loot !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    no worries guys, changes are comin - The Fetch ability from Glyph of Fetch no longer requires a target. When activated, the pet will automatically choose a nearby corpse to loot !
    Lol
    dev's are very inspired with hunters.....
    hunters lack a cleave / or a real aoe in bm / mm spec that's why i proposed theese 2 ideas

I had fun toying with the Explosive shot aoe in WOTLK beta, that was hella fun. (Also Resto Shaman's Spirit Link was crazy op fun too!)

Now that Hunters Mark is pretty much a passive why does it even exist anymore? Let's say you want to keep it on a Feral Druid to keep him from restealthing but he is out of range, now you can't even shoot at another target or it will take HM off the druid and allow him to get a restealth off.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I had fun toying with the Explosive shot aoe in WOTLK beta, that was hella fun. (Also Resto Shaman's Spirit Link was crazy op fun too!)

Now that Hunters Mark is pretty much a passive why does it even exist anymore? Let's say you want to keep it on a Feral Druid to keep him from restealthing but he is out of range, now you can't even shoot at another target or it will take HM off the druid and allow him to get a restealth off.
    just give hunters a 7% buff on every attack and remove the damage bonus of hunters mark. That way you keep the mark utility, and hunters get the 5% from mark and a small buff to get us where hunters need to be

Your comprehension is poor then or you would have noted that from my first post I noted that Blizzard could fix the gap between us and mages/locks by buffing us or by moving them back. "Fine" to me, means that we're in the top third of the dps rankings (as all pures should be) or that the gap from top to bottom is around 5% and thus where we fall in the rankings isn't a big deal.

I'd say more but since you're picking and choosing what to read, why bother? The fact is that we're not great but we're viable - if by fine you mean viable then yeah, we're fine. To me, fine means 'where we should be in the dps rankings' and we're not there yet. The gap between the dps, esp the pure dps, should be smaller than it is now and will be in 5.2 it seems. But NOW... we're just OK, not fine.
    Seems more like you are picking and choosing definitions if you think "fine" means "top third of all classes in a vacuum".

Blizzard ditched the idea of pure dps classes being above hybrids about 2 expansions ago, which means that we are "fine" as long as we are keeping up with the pack - which we are.

There are two other specs which they have specifically mentioned need nerfs, mages and locks, which are not fine.

But yeah if you are going to continue operating off the premise that "fine" means we are one of the best damage dealing classes on every fight in the game then I don't see a reason to argue with you.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    SV and BM are both fine, MM sucks.
    Yeah I know, but there are relatively few classes where all three dps specs are equally viable. Hardly any really when I think about it.

MM could definitely be buffed though, I'm not denying that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Where hunter dps is now is about where everyone else should be, and some classes have it 'worse' than us.

locks and mages (what else is new) are OP right now, and despite some gimmicky fights, there really are no other outliers.
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-02-06 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    We might be fine, but imo playing BM is the most boring shit ever. SV isn't that bad but MM is so much more fun than both of those.