259 58.86%
  • No

157 35.68%
  • Other (Comment)

24 5.45%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ive never said that he ruined anything? Im enjoying the game alot?

I was saying that most of the time i think he is just a clueless tard who talks out of his ass.

For instance when he was defending taste for blood with his life and saying it was not even remotly near to be changed
    because it wasnt a problem.

TFB gets hotfixed to max 3 stacks, then max 1 stack and then totally redesigned.

And now he is talking about shadow priests and that he doesnt really know what makes them insanely op so he is nerfing
    a little here and there to see if he finds what it is.

That doesnt strike me as being competent and educated about the game you are developing?!

Maybe thats just me though.

No... i dont trust anything he opens his mouth about.
    You also realize he's just the head in a large group of people who discuss what is buffed and nerfed too, right?

Not all decisions are his.

He's just their voice.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I trust him that he'll do his job, yes.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Look, I don't agree with him on All The Things, but it's clear his twitter presence:

(A) Only reaches a small portion of the wow populace AND is about pretty technical stuff sometimes, so it's not like it's an advertisement.
    (B) Is a legitimate forum for discussion, even in telegraph style messages
    (C) Isn't him sucking up to or coddling the playerbase, to the extent of enraging people who hear something they don't want to hear
    (D) Features honest admissions, such as him not sure what they are doing with pure classes, or how to deal with several pvp balance issues.

I think you'd be pretty strange to NOT trust him. That doesn't mean you have to agree with him on everything, but I think he communicates with players out of a desire to make a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    1) Assume that the decision was made SOLELY by Greg Street and not a single one of the other class developers (They generally have 3-4 designers per spec. Across 34 specs, ~120 designers)
    You do not seriously, in all honesty, believe Blizzard employs 3-4 full time designers per spec, do you?!?!

Today we have classes that, 99% of the time, are within fractions of a percent of each other overall. Granted some specs are better for certain things, but this is a good thing. If everyone was good at everything, no one would be exceptional at anything.
    A few percent... and yet the difference between the worst and the best spec is 21% on Patchwerk-style fight.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

I trust GC to the effect that he believes in what he's saying.

What I don't trust is his opinion to be a good one vs the ideology of the company, the game staff and the gaming populace. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

He's a man with a job making video games the most fun he can for the most amount of people. I'm happy and have been happy playing so I'd say I like his decisions he makes in the game. I don't see how this is a valid question though. Why do I need to trust him at all? Trust him in doing what? Doing what he says he's going to do? Sometimes ideas don't work so proposals of features are held back or trashed. They always explain their reasoning in these decisions. I don't think many people understand them and just feel that they've been over promised and under delivered. That's the problem with tweets like that, at least in my opinion. People need to be more understanding and less spoiled about the decisions that GC and the dev team make of their game. If you don't like the decisions then leave but you have to give the reasoning behind those decisions a chance.

An example is how a lot of people dislike the dailies system in MoP. I've gotten a lot of gear from roll bonuses, easier time VP capping, and read a lot of lore from doing them so I don't mind them. It's a little strange to want to log in every day to keep an optimal pace on them but I make do and log when I can and do as much as I can. I like them a lot better than staying in Org queuing for dungeons/BGs. They've said that they want us out in the world with stuff to do and we got that. I like how roll bonuses are exclusive to them because it encourages me to do them. Same way awesome artwork on PVP sets encourages me to do PVP, Tier gear encourages me to raid, and challenge mounts and sets encourage me to do challenge modes.
    My Shaman! <~ Old Main
    My Warlock! <~ New Main

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I trust him.
    Why? Because it's his job to make this game as enjoyable as possible.
    And even when I disagree with things they do, I know it's because of "a higher purpose".
    Hint: the bigger purpose is get as much money in Blizzard's pockets. This purpose is not always compatible with your personal goals wrt WoW. For example, my class/spec (without alternative DPS spec) has been underperforming and I knew about this after a few weeks. I expected fixes, expansion is young, no biggie. Saw nothing of this sort. Whoever was responsible for this did a terrible job IMO. Those months were a waste of time. And all I still see today, is denial, while still claiming they know exactly about the statistics. My point being, damage control is in this case in the interest of Blizzard.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

I trust that he has a personal stake and interest in the game itself, and wants to make it better in his vision.

I trust that he is a hired professional with a single overriding goal to that end - making money for Blizzard.

I see these points to be in a permanent deadlock, I can't answer this poll.

No, absoulutly not, he has done not 1 thing to earn that trust, and for me there is no way for him to repair what trust he may have had.

Anyone who seriously asks themself this question is taking the game way too personally.

I doubt Activision in general have a large impact in the day to day running of Blizzard and their games. People seem to think "Zomg, Activision have made Blizzard a money whoring cash-cow" yet, by all accounts Blizzard is the "golden goose" that's trusted and left to their own devices and fairly long development cycles.

The #1 priority of any business is to make money, that's a given but then again people don't get in to the videogame business (just like the movie business) to make a mediocre game. Developers, artists, sound directors, producers... They want to make the best game possible AND have it be profitable - those two things are intrinsically linked.

Ghostcrawler is the public-facing, communicative face of the WoW development team and he does a bloody good job of explaining how and why they balance and make changes to, let's face it, seriously difficult areas of the game to "get right". Any change to a class mechanic has potentially class-breaking consequences whether it be in the PvP or PvE side of the game and having someone who actually takes the time to get on twitter, address some concerns and let people know that specific changes are being made can only be a good thing.

I understand people want to see their class get buffed... DKs, for example have been shouting about being squishy since MoP was released yet a little look around the forums shows that:

a.) Rogues are currently "terrible"
    b.) Enhancement shamans feel squishy
    c.) Ret paladins feel "squishy"
    d.) Warriors are overpowered
    e.) DKs feel squishy.
    f.) Monks are currently under-represented and "poor" in PvP

With pretty much all the melee classes feeling underpowered could it just be that Warriors are a little OP at the moment and, come 5.2 everything will be a little more balanced?

I don't personally think Ghostcrawler could do a better job, he's one of many people who makes decisions regarding the game and its direction and does a decent job of keeping contact with the WoW subscribers when, tbh he doesn't need to. They could make decisions without saying anything and we'd all still pay/play.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Hint: the bigger purpose is get as much money in Blizzard's pockets. This purpose is not always compatible with your personal goals wrt WoW. For example, my class/spec (without alternative DPS spec) has been underperforming and I knew about this after a few weeks. I expected fixes, expansion is young, no biggie. Saw nothing of this sort. Whoever was responsible for this did a terrible job IMO. Those months were a waste of time. And all I still see today, is denial, while still claiming they know exactly about the statistics. My point being, damage control is in this case in the interest of Blizzard.
    Ofcourse it doesn't allign with my personal goals.
    But I want a company to cater to its audience, not to me personally.
    I'm willing to have one or two slightly annoyances if that makes 100 people happy.

And what gives them as much money as possible? Happy customers.

Trust is earned not given. So far he has not given me much to go on.

Trust him with a blank check, no. Trust that he can do his job, yes.

Trust him for what exactly, he's ruined the game.

Can't say I've ever met the man. How would I know?

I at least don't QQ about him apparently ruining the whole game all on his own...

Super rarely updated...

No i do not trust him, he is not alone in shaping the game, but he is the one that gives the green light to major changes being the lead designer, which makes me wonder how some things got introduced/changed in the first place.

Never met the man why would i.

i trust him as far as i can throw him.

hmm, that doesn't seem like the correct idiom..

I trust he's doing what's best for the company. There was alot of things that werent broke with classes and he changed them(never understood that).

If i were to trust one person based on passion and conviction, it would be Chris Metzen. That is all.