Poll: Do you trust Ghost Crawler

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question Do you trust Ghost Crawler?

GC asked for it himself, now it's time to speak!

Reference: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36693401436160

Question whatever you take for granted.

As long as players just see their own point, he will never be able to be trusted. As soon as he touches any of the classes, someone will yell "omg, they nerf XYZ" or "omfg, why are you buffing ABC?".

An easy example: two players, the first one has the change to win two of three games, but with a reward of one coin. The second player only wins one of three games, with a reward of two coins. Maths say, both will win the same amount of coins when playing enough games. But the second player will be upset by only winning 1/3 games and the first player will be upset by only winning half the coins compared to player 2 though in the end, it's completly balanced.

I don't want to say that WoW is a balanced game (which it will never be as long as we have distinct classes - hell, everybody complains about the classes to similar). But as long as subjective players are debatting only about theit own point, you will never have a happy player base.

It's been said many times before, but this is pretty much the gist of every argument people make when calling for his head:
    "My class is Rock. Scissors are balanced. Nerf Paper.

I trust him because I'm not some paranoid conspiracy theorist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trust GC to make as good a game as he can, that sometimes means it'll be unbalaced as fuck (mainly in pre-expansion patches, I still remember 4.0 Hpaladins), but most of the time it'll have some resemblance of balance.

Totally because he loves the game and sees the whole picture not one tiny corner of it like so many people who cannot see anything except their own class, and if that is not OP in every way say that GC is a fail

10+ Year Old Account
    I trust GC.. I trust him to ruin the game, atleast.

He nerfs everything and removes the tiny bits that are interresting, under the argument that it doesn't add anything positive to the game.
    E.g.
    - Removed need for fishing skill
    - Removed need for moving out of bad stuff (LFR)
    - Removed unique abilities (Combat res, Bloodlust etc)
    - Want to remove racials.
    - Thinkig about removeing enchanting/gemming
    - Removed ladder progression in raids
    - Removed hunter pet levelling and warlock demon abilitiy learning tomes
    - Removed Defense stat for tanks
    - Removed Lock Pick skill-up.
    - Keeps ruining PvE in attempt to balance PvP

There are probably MANY MORE things but I think most get the picture.
    Each of these small things didn't add much, but many grains of sand, makes a desert (or atleast a sand box). Each time GC removes something, he kills the game a little.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-02-04 at 07:40 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but in what degree would you trust a person you have never met and works for a company that makes a game that you turn out to be playing... Its just a Stupid question imo, yeah i know, stupid questions don't exist. trust has nothing to do with this. Its THEIR game, not yours. If they decide to do something its their right to.

What means trust in this context?

Do i trust him that he can balance this game? Why should i trust him on that when 2 previous expansions showed that the Dev team cannot balance it?

There's nothing wrong with GC. The problem will always be Kalgan!

10+ Year Old Account
    To do what exactly?

That's rhetorical. Everyone will have their own personal answer to that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Who cares if you trust him or not. Just like it doesn't matter if you trust Bill Gates, you're not calling the shots, they are the one with the job and trusted by their company to make whatever decision, whether you like them or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all need to play a different game if you want complete balance. With the ammount of abilities as well as specs and classes there are in this game there are too many variables. With the staggering ammount of things that could tip the scales in favor of a particular class there is honestly no hope for any semblance of complete balance.

If you guys want to play a game that is fair I suggest playing Frogger...

OT: Trust him? That is a very relative question, and any answer given will most likely be completely biased. I don't know about you all but I can honestly say that I don't really know the man. As some people think that he is personally responsible for nerfing their class I can probably safely assume they don't trust him. Interestingly enough I can also safely assume that the majority of the people whose classes end up becoming buffed or even "OP" would trust the man with their lives.

Personally I don't trust anyone at Blizzard because they refuse to let my Shaman be able to tank...and I will forever hate them for that. >.<
    Last edited by ShamanTankFTW; 2013-02-04 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    What means trust in this context?

Do i trust him that he can balance this game? Why should i trust him on that when 2 previous expansions showed that the Dev team cannot balance it?
    Since GC has been in charge the game has been more balanced than at any time prior. This came at a cost to class individuality, but you cannot say with any degree of truthfulness that balance was worse under GC. There are plenty of other things you can blame him for, balance isn't one of them.

I trust him to give us information about the game honestly

I trust his decisions are based on making the game as a whole better, and in that context I trust him more than most of the game devs I know.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    - Removed need for fishing skill [because it was stupid, when you go fishing irl there is no message saying you need skill, the skill should affect what you catch]
    - Removed need for moving out of bad stuff (LFR) [no, he didn't, just the healers are too well geared now, I can still see people dying]
    - Removed unique abilities (Combat res, Bloodlust etc) - [it's because of 10man raiding, you should know at least that]
    - Want to remove racials. [no he doesn't, he said he wouldn't have designed the game with them in it]
    - Thinkig about removeing enchanting/gemming [yeah, right]
    - Removed ladder progression in raids [because it was stupid to have 90% of the population not even seeing the first real raid (speaking of TBC here)]
    - Removed hunter pet levelling and warlock demon ability learning tomes [a huge retarded pain in the ass and a ridiculous useless time sink, good decision]
    - Removed Defense stat for tanks [useless crap, everyone was just looking on the internet, just another crap to cap to be "viable"]
    - Removed Lock Pick skill-up. [god, that was a stupid piece of shit, I remember doing it on my first rogue, the horror, the horror, THE HORROR...]
    - Keeps ruining PvE in attempt to balance PvP [not his fault the game is combined, and unfortunately no one can solve that problem without bringing in some new ones]
    No that I trust GC to do anything, because I don't think it's possible to please at least half of the people, but let's not accuse him for the good things )

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Since GC has been in charge the game has been more balanced than at any time prior. This came at a cost to class individuality, but you cannot say with any degree of truthfulness that balance was worse under GC. There are plenty of other things you can blame him for, balance isn't one of them.
    Well to be honest, balance is a subjective matter and there a few things what i mostly blame on him, for example:

Too much CC's, this problem was already showing in Cata that you could keep an enemy very long in a CC Chain, MoP made it even worse because the new talent system made CC spells for any spec available.

Too much Instants, similiar as with CC, this Problem was already showing in Cata (Hhpallies are a pretty good example here) and now they have to keep blanket Silence in the game because without them they would go even more rampage.

But then again, what means trust in this context? Even if Balance got better under GC, why should i trust him to totally balance this game?

I trust him with video game design far more than pretty much every clown that posts on MMO-C (or other forums) about how their class is the weakest ever and needs buffs while every other class is so drastically imbalanced that they need to be nerfed into oblivion.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I neither trust nor distrust Ghost Crawler because he has no presence in my social/family circle and he has no impact on anything important in my life.