Poll: Do you trust Ghost Crawler

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Official policy by Blizzard employees used to be to reveal very little information about anything to the players. No release dates, soon(tm), no discussions on class balance or direction or anything. GC puts out more information in a day than all combined blue posters used to put out in a month, and truth be told he doesn't have to say anything to us.

Besides, why would he lie? What could he possibly gain from it?

Trying to balance 34 specs and 198 talent choices in both PvE and PvP, while also considering varying gear and skill levels, and attempting to avoid too much homogenization is a lot harder than people seem to make it out to be. I believe GC and the other devs do the best they can. Do they always succeed? Of course not, but I don't think anyone could without making every class a carbon copy of all the others with different ability names. Are things perfectly balanced? No, there's always things that are too powerful or not powerful enough--but I trust GC to recognize when something is wrong and fix it, and to attempt to make the game as enjoyable as possible for everyone across the spectrum. More importantly I'm glad that he approaches changing things with a sense of hesitation and generally waits for a significant amount of proof, rather than just trusting what the community happens to be whining about at any given time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by FuxieDK
    - Removed Lock Pick skill-up.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post

It was a horrible grind for a near-useless flavor ability, tuned for a time (Vanilla) where leveling was the majority of the game.

so true .... many things came from a time where leveling was the majority of the game:
    - Reputation grinds - still present in a gimped way
    - talent tree's - replaced (could argue about this i guess)
    - Pet leveling - removed
    - Weapon skills - removed
    - Food/drink skill (conjure) - removed
    - attunements - removed
    - lock picking - removed

ah well, it did gave the non raiding community things to do
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    - Food/drink skill (conjure) - removed
    Mages still have that. Try having to run back to your trainer to learn new spell ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mages still have that. Try having to run back to your trainer to learn new spell ranks.
    But it's now in intervals, and you also always get a full stack.
    I think he was refering to the fact that when you used to learn conjure food, you could only conjure two of the food, not twenty, and got 2 more every two levels.

God conjuring like five times to have food to eat was terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    But it's now in intervals, and you also always get a full stack.
    I think he was refering to the fact that when you used to learn conjure food, you could only conjure two of the food, not twenty, and got 2 more every two levels.

God conjuring like five times to have food to eat was terrible...
    You used to only conjure 2?

That's..awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You used to only conjure 2?

That's..awful.
    You used to conjure 2+2n where "n" is every two levels inbetween ranks.
    Basically...
    (Making up levels)

10 - Conjure food rank 1 - Creates two food.
    12 - Conjure food rank 1 - Creates four food.
    14 - Conjure food rank 1 - Creates six food.
    20 - Conjure food rank 2 - Creates two food.
    22 - Conjure food rank 2 - Creates four food.

And so on, so that not only was your food a ways behind the food bought from vendors (which it still basically is now) but you also had to cast multiple times to get a stack to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue who Ghostcrawler - the person Gregg Street - is.. How can I (or anyone else in that matter) actually answer that question reasonably?

Now for the public figure Ghostcrawler..... Well.. The question is, with what can I trust or distrust him? I don't even know which decisions directly interfere with my game experience. For all I know he's Blizzards Tank.. Literally speaking. He's the meat shield in the front, pulling all the aggro from the mob, us..
    To me, it appears that he does that purposely, to cover the teams back, so they can work rather undisturbed, and as a side effect get some leads and feedback (which on occasion is even valuable) to be integrated.
    So I really don't know whether the question is to be answered either. I respect and admire his thick skin though.

I don't distrust GC, I just view him as incompetent.

But then again I have played since 2004 and dislike change so having someone like GC who has destroyed everything I thought originally made the game great leaves a foul taste in my mouth, I just don't hate him because though he has destroyed everything that I once found great he has also improved everything that was once shitty to make it slightly less shitty.

Deleted
    Someone who says that they dont have a fucking clue what he is doing but is doing it anyway to see what happens?

Yeah... that retard is fucking dumb. I dont trust anything that piece of shit says or thinks about this game.

Sorry about the language but thats the only way to truly flavor how i feel about this developer.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Someone who says that they dont have a fucking clue what he is doing but is doing it anyway to see what happens?

Yeah... that retard is fucking dumb. I dont trust anything that piece of shit says or thinks about this game.

Sorry about the language but thats the only way to truly flavor how i feel about this developer.
    So not having a clue of what he's doing is doing a much better job than any dev could do in the old days where balance didn't even exist and Warlocks were mushrooms?

Okay.

Deleted
    So not having a clue of what he's doing is doing a much better job than any dev could do in the old days where balance didn't even exist and Warlocks were mushrooms?

Okay.
    Im not even going to feed you on this. Move along

Im not even going to feed you on this. Move along
    Feed what? I'm trying to understand how he obliterated the game for you.

The way you explained it was just "GC did XYZ and somehow ruined the game for me".

Deleted
    Feed what? I'm trying to understand how he obliterated the game for you.

The way you explained it was just "GC did XYZ and somehow ruined the game for me".
    Ive never said that he ruined anything? Im enjoying the game alot?

I was saying that most of the time i think he is just a clueless tard who talks out of his ass.

For instance when he was defending taste for blood with his life and saying it was not even remotly near to be changed
    because it wasnt a problem.

TFB gets hotfixed to max 3 stacks, then max 1 stack and then totally redesigned.

And now he is talking about shadow priests and that he doesnt really know what makes them insanely op so he is nerfing
    a little here and there to see if he finds what it is.

That doesnt strike me as being competent and educated about the game you are developing?!

Maybe thats just me though.

No... i dont trust anything he opens his mouth about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    To do what exactly?
    My thoughts too.

I'm impressed he's done so well in his job with all the criticism and critiquing that is directed his way. He's handled it much better than I think most people would. I trust him to do what he thinks is best for the game, although many things he does may not really make sense to me, or to other players.

Ive never said that he ruined anything? Im enjoying the game alot?

I was saying that most of the time i think he is just a clueless tard who talks out of his ass.

For instance when he was defending taste for blood with his life and saying it was not even remotly near to be changed
    because it wasnt a problem.

TFB gets hotfixed to max 3 stacks, then max 1 stack and then totally redesigned.

And now he is talking about shadow priests and that he doesnt really know what makes them insanely op so he is nerfing
    a little here and there to see if he finds what it is.

That doesnt strike me as being competent and educated about the game you are developing?!

Maybe thats just me though.

No... i dont trust anything he opens his mouth about.
    You also realize he's just the head in a large group of people who discuss what is buffed and nerfed too, right?

Not all decisions are his.

He's just their voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trust him that he'll do his job, yes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Look, I don't agree with him on All The Things, but it's clear his twitter presence:

(A) Only reaches a small portion of the wow populace AND is about pretty technical stuff sometimes, so it's not like it's an advertisement.
    (B) Is a legitimate forum for discussion, even in telegraph style messages
    (C) Isn't him sucking up to or coddling the playerbase, to the extent of enraging people who hear something they don't want to hear
    (D) Features honest admissions, such as him not sure what they are doing with pure classes, or how to deal with several pvp balance issues.

I think you'd be pretty strange to NOT trust him. That doesn't mean you have to agree with him on everything, but I think he communicates with players out of a desire to make a better game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    1) Assume that the decision was made SOLELY by Greg Street and not a single one of the other class developers (They generally have 3-4 designers per spec. Across 34 specs, ~120 designers)
    You do not seriously, in all honesty, believe Blizzard employs 3-4 full time designers per spec, do you?!?!

Today we have classes that, 99% of the time, are within fractions of a percent of each other overall. Granted some specs are better for certain things, but this is a good thing. If everyone was good at everything, no one would be exceptional at anything.
    A few percent... and yet the difference between the worst and the best spec is 21% on Patchwerk-style fight.

I trust GC to the effect that he believes in what he's saying.

What I don't trust is his opinion to be a good one vs the ideology of the company, the game staff and the gaming populace. :P