10+ Year Old Account

A Few Questions About Razer Nagas

How hard is it really to get used to the buttons on the side? Is it hard to know which one you're hitting? Do you often hit the wrong one? Is the mouse really as small as the QQ gallery says it is? Do you have to look at it to know which button to hit on the side? How does it stack up vs. the Blizzard endorsed WoW mouse? Is the price difference worth it for one over the other?

That's about it for now. I'm looking into getting one and just want to make sure I'm not going to be blowing cash on something I'll regret buying. Mainly I play WoW as a healer and tank, PvE only.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. I took about a day to get used to the buttons

2. It is easy to know which button you're hitting when you get used to it. I hit the wrong button VERY rarely.

3. The mouse is fairly small. However, I have seen that the new versions come with multiple adjustable sizes.

It's a good mouse. I wouldn't go Razer for a keyboard or headset, but a mouse? The naga is the best mouse I have ever owned, and trust me, I've burned through a lot of mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    1. I took about a day to get used to the buttons

2. It is easy to know which button you're hitting when you get used to it. I hit the wrong button VERY rarely.

3. The mouse is fairly small. However, I have seen that the new versions come with multiple adjustable sizes.

It's a good mouse. I wouldn't go Razer for a keyboard or headset, but a mouse? The naga is the best mouse I have ever owned, and trust me, I've burned through a lot of mice.
    Thanks for the input.

the mouse also comes with little stick on pieces of rubber that you can put on some of the numbers so that you can help to remember where your thumb is. After a few days you won't need these any more! Now I vary rarely hit the wrong button.

I find the two buttons on the top left of the naga harder to get used to that the 12 on the side!

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    How hard is it really to get used to the buttons on the side? Is it hard to know which one you're hitting? Do you often hit the wrong one? Is the mouse really as small as the QQ gallery says it is? Do you have to look at it to know which button to hit on the side? How does it stack up vs. the Blizzard endorsed WoW mouse? Is the price difference worth it for one over the other?

That's about it for now. I'm looking into getting one and just want to make sure I'm not going to be blowing cash on something I'll regret buying. Mainly I play WoW as a healer and tank, PvE only.
    Get the Naga 2012. It comes only in green but in has 3 left pieces you can choose from and I really could not have used the mouse without those.
    I used a Copperhead before (and some silly ones until I got money to get the Naga) and that means 2 side buttuons(4 but the ones on the right=nono) and one of the bigger mouses out there.
    The Naga comes with rubber pieces you can put on the buttons (2 shapes so you can go x o x - o x o - x o x - o x o) so you can train yourself to use it but I didn't use them and I could use the first 6 buttons perfectly within a day. It took a bit more to get used to 7-12 but I can use the first 9 perfectly without actually miss presses.

I went for extended warranty for 5 years because I use mouses a lot (I went through 4 copperheads for the price of 1 \o/) so consider doing that as well :3. All in all I like le mouse but don't go for keyboards... MX-blue switches... dafuq Razer? and they are fragile... I punched a BlackWidow and lost half of the buttons and smashed the plastic

When I gave a Naga a try, I'd say I was used to the side buttons within the day. I never once had to actually look at my mouse hand. It was really fast to get a hold on which buttons I was hitting, but I never really liked how I had to adjust my grip to properly use the side buttons. I hold my mouse a little weird though (mostly with my pinky and thumb on the sides), so if you tend to palm your mouse it should be a little easier. It is a pretty small mouse, and with the way I fingertip grip my mice I actually found the size pretty comfortable. If you palm the mouse, it definitely might feel a little narrow when you try to use the side buttons.

The Blizzard-endorsed WoW mice (there are actually a bunch of them) are very different from the Naga, and I wouldn't call them interchangeable. They took almost completely different approaches to a common goal: an MMO mouse with a ton of buttons. The Naga is pretty small, uses a Philips Twin-Eye sensor, and has a matrix of buttons in a rubber membrane numberpad. Steelseries' WoW mice are the largest mice I've ever used, mostly use Avago ADNS-9x00 sensors, and have scattered buttons across their surfaces that use real mouse switches. I believe they're both available in models with extra lights, wireless, etc. Neither mouse is really objectively superior; most of the differences would be up to user preference honestly.

The only thing I would advise is caution regarding alleged durability issues. It seems like a sizable chunk of Razer's peripherals are prone to defects or just plain wear out after a year or two. The only complaint I've heard regarding Steelseries WoW mice is their paint wearing off. I have a Naga, DeathAdder, and Cataclysm mouse and haven't experienced any defects or wear, but I really didn't use any of them for more than a couple months.

Just compare it to a keyboard. After a while you get used to where the keys are and don't need to look to see what keys you are punching.

It is considered one of the top MMO mice. If you got big hands, you could also take a look at the Logitech G600.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard is it really to get used to the buttons on the side?
    Can you dial a cell phone without looking at it?

It's basically the same deal; 12 buttons in a 3x4 layout.

Is it hard to know which one you're hitting? Do you often hit the wrong one?
    There's little customizable nubs that come with it to help you identify which is which. That said, they ARE tiny, and if you have big man-hands, you can accidentally mash one button while trying to hit another if you're not dead on.

Is the mouse really as small as the QQ gallery says it is?
    It IS small. If you have medium-large hands, and are used to resting your palm on the top of your mouse, that ain't gonna work. I used mine with a claw grip, basically resting my wrist on the desk and holding the naga between my fingers and palm, not resting on it.

How does it stack up vs. the Blizzard endorsed WoW mouse? Is the price difference worth it for one over the other?
    I haven't used that particular one, but my Naga had some major faults within the first year of buying. First I had wear issues on the left-click that I fixed with some fancy glue gun action, but then the left and right clicks started to double-click, and it wasn't recoverable. I've since gotten a Corsair m90 that I find much better. That said, I did have one of the initial run of Nagas, and I've heard some people saying they tried to address those build issues with the newer ones, so YMMV.