Poll: Which Spec?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Which spec do you prefer?

Hey, I'm wondering what spec people like the most out of the three. In other words, if all three specs had the exact same theoretical DPS output, which spec would you choose to play and why?

Personally, I prefer Survival. I like proc classes and they don't spend too much time popping CDs like BM or casting like MM does. Also, Serpent Spread makes AoE fun.

love BM to bits <3 if they'd only merge a few of our abilities (widow venom + serpent sting) / (trap/scatter for instant cc, heck even give it a casttime)
    I like my coffe like my mages.

BM. I will always play BM, and if they fuck it up again, I will play some other class instead, until they fix it.

Deleted
    Beast mastery was always my favorite specc and still is and im actually very happy for it since its viable once again after the complete domination in WOTLK.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been BM since I started playing, and I'll remain there. Only my OS changes depending on balance situation. I don't really like proc-ness of SV, and MM feels a bit plain.
    That said, hunter specs are still pretty close to each other in PvE playstyle. I think they might even be called closest of all dps specs. Not talking about numbers, of course.
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-02-04 at 12:33 PM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Nowadays? Survival. Back in WotLK MM was my spec of choice, but it's not as fun without ArP and hardcasting AiS.

I voted BM as I would hate to think that I couldnt use my spirit beasts...especially Loque. Having said that, I love the play style of SV as well so its a close decision. MM I could never take to for some reason.

The way things currently are? BM, for sure. I haven't even touched MM since t11 but SV with these crazyass CDs feels like a pile of shit, maybe it's just that I've gotten used to them, but I feel they just flow better with BM than SV, it's much easier for me to balance using CDs around BW than...err...nothing. CDs just line up better with BM. That being said, I pretty much always hated BM with a passion before now, mostly because back in the day it was SrS, steady x 75, repeat, win. Barf.

Overall, however, I must say I liked ArP MM in Wrath and SV in Cata.

Interesting question. Never have so far thought about it. I always played in spec which in a given moment is the best. But I think at the moment SV is the most fun spec. BM is boring after progres, MM is not playable (but I never liked it). So obvious choice for me is SV.

MM pre clunky steady focus, and BM pre MoP. Never enjoyed SV much.

I like the current SV. Wish I could play it without hurting raid DPS.

MM

Survival feels too erratic for me, and I've never really liked BM, I've honestly always hated the pet part of the hunter class, and I would welcome a change, where MM could "sacrifice" their pet for some kind of bonus, abit like a warlock, and perhaps not exactly sacrifice it :P Never understood what a Marksman would need a pet for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beastmaster, though I haven't played my hunter lately.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All things being equal I'd go Beast Mastery every time.

I voted SV because Ive played it the longest and it just feels right to me. BM and MM seems really clunky to me.

SV by far.

I absolutely despise BM.

Then again I play Hunter because there isn't a pure Archer class in this game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    I like the current SV. Wish I could play it without hurting raid DPS.
    You can. SV technically beats BM now, unless your gear is below a certain point.

And even if it's not we're talking a less than 1k differential here.

You might see your numbers burst higher with BM but your sustained damage is so much better in SV.

I voted SV. Just love what they did with the spec in mop.

I used to love MM over all, because it was the nearest to the "pure archer" style play.
    but this expansion I have grown to love my BM a lot. I really like the controlled burst, and the fact that we can bring all buffs/debuffs (and if all covered, we can bring something cool for ourselves as spirit heal, or worm AoE)
    Actually that's what I like about my hunter. I enjoy all speccs, so no matter which specc is the FOTM atm, I play that and am content with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Hey, I'm wondering what spec people like the most out of the three. In other words, if all three specs had the exact same theoretical DPS output, which spec would you choose to play and why?

Personally, I prefer Survival. I like proc classes and they don't spend too much time popping CDs like BM or casting like MM does. Also, Serpent Spread makes AoE fun.
    You've put your question in an ambiguous way: are you asking about current rotation/play style or about the whole sniper/survivalist/beast-tamer difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    BM. I will always play BM, and if they fuck it up again, I will play some other class instead, until they fix it.
    this