Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I only have bad rolls on the stupid items for that stupid quest. I mean seriously, I need 10 each and I got 2 and 4 after 2 weeks of full clearing LFR. That's 30+ bosses killed. These quests should be removed and the designers fired... but hey, that's just my POV, I bet those designers are praised by their bosses with their "clever" way of making people play each week

Oh wait, I miscalculated, there's 3 weeks of LFR, 50 bosses?!?! God, I'm even more enraged now

15+ Year Old Account
    I've pretty much given up getting gear on my alts in lfr sadly, and I don't see the fun in doing lfr when people still wipe on the easiest fights. It's gotten to the point where about half the raid in lfr afks as soon as the boss is pulled. These people will either auto attack or die to some fight mechanic(hello Elegon floor).

And I find the elder coins pretty useless as well. I've used all the elder coins I have(on my main and a couple alts), and am just saving the lesser coins for next patch. I have gotten the same ring off heroic garajal 4 times in a row(from my main raid) when all I want are the leather spirit shoulders that never drop...

So I have no motivation for lfr AND using elder coins at this point. This xpac seems to be NOT be alt friendly at all
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

It is stated that it is not alt-friendly.. it is build around players having a main; they should not run out of content!
    I read somewhere in a blue response: Why would you play an alt if you have plenty of things to do on your main?

it is annoying to see that they create a lot of room for alts in wotlk and cata and shut that door brutally in mop.
    What are we supposed to do with those alts on 85? just delete because we don't even have the time to complete everything on our mains?
    I my opinion it is too big a change to restrict everything this much.
    Because after trying and trying and trying, there will come a time players will just give up.

I know that feeling I spent five weeks only seeing three drops that I already had and now I find myself in the same situation with my alt. I think that the drop rate in LFR is just a symptom of a greater problem the rate at which you can acquire valour compared to how expensive the gear is, is too low. When I needed several pieces I was reluctant to buy gear in case I wasted the points on an item that then dropped and later when I needed less pieces I found that they were behind reps that I did not have.

In isolation I would say that the drop rate from LFR is fine however with no reliable source to buy gear due to the slow rate to acquire the currency to buy it, many pieces costing over two weeks worth of the weekly maximum valour cap and gear being hidden behind rep it is a recipe for frustration.

Deleted
    If you had good drop rates then you wouldn't be running it now anyway, you would have no reason to go back in. That's the whole point of the droprates being low.

I have 4 piece tier and Sha-Touched weapons on almost all my chars, only a couple are lower than 480ilvl, and that's just from LFR. Either I'm really lucky, or those players that cry they have been farming for months and months actually haven't.

Deleted
    9 runs in MV on an alt and still not high enough item level to go to HoF. Now, 9 runs isn't a big deal and doesn't take much time if you just look at time played but that's 2 months of real time! Yeah it affects motivation. I'm just going to use it for crafting now. Oh wait, I can't do that like I used to be able to without going through daily hell to get rep for the good patterns. Never mind, it'll just collect dust then. Not too enamoured with world of maincraft!

Deleted
    Will the weapon drop? alas no. Every week the same.

Seriously I am going to get the legendary gem long before I replace a blue weapon. That is just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    I've never wiped too, but some of the 24 idio... fine gentlemen playing with me sometimes wipe, dragging me with them.
    There is no I in Team sir.

Deleted
    After 4 weeks of nothing but gold and a single downgrade on Pally, I am not running LFR anymore. It's just not enjoyable in any way when you are regularly 2-4 healing due to people full-afk'ing or using healer role to queue jump and then not even getting anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If you had good drop rates then you wouldn't be running it now anyway, you would have no reason to go back in. That's the whole point of the droprates being low.

I have 4 piece tier and Sha-Touched weapons on almost all my chars, only a couple are lower than 480ilvl, and that's just from LFR. Either I'm really lucky, or those players that cry they have been farming for months and months actually haven't.
    The problem is that people are getting bored of the content long before they get the gear they are running it for I doubt many would run LFR more that two or three times, a lot would only run it once, without the incentive of gear. Forcing bored players to run the same content every week is not good game design, it promotes poor and abusive behaviour such as AFK players, players that insult those that make a single mistake, etc and in the long run people are more likely to quit than continue to run LFR every week until the RNG gods smile on them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I regularly run LFR on five characters per week. The rate of gearing on all of them has been different. It seems to happen in waves. I will get nothing for a couple of weeks and then have five drops in one reset.

My big gripe at the moment is weapons. I only have one character with a sha-touched weapon. Three others have completed the first part of the quest line and have the gem sitting in their bags, but no weapon to put it in. My final character, a warrior, who is still stuck in MSV is waiting for Elegon to be kind and drop either the 1H or 2H. Five weeks so far with coins used on each attempt and nothing.

I completely understand the RNG. It does give rise though to a degree of frustration as evidenced by other posters in this thread.

Deleted
    Spending 1.5hrs in terrace with people doing avarage 50k dps and then having zero drops is not fun...... totally demotivated to play alts and gearing them.....

Ive gone 10 weeks without ever seeing my sha touched weapon, have the gem and the prismatic socket for it but cant do anything with them

Deleted
    I gear as fast as I would in normal raids.

Only because you don't see something drop it does not mean you get less drops.

At least you get gold.

New loot system is pure cr*p, i know there's no more loot drama after boss kills but when your fresh 90 lock alt gets 2 sha touched swords and 1 sha touched staff in 4 toes runs and your mage who is 90 since november still uses lv463 wand then i can assure u get really pissed and start to not care anymore about lfr...

Deleted
    i seemed to get regular drops from LFR on my monk, with the exception of t14 which just doesnt seem to drop from there or sha. i dont use the coins anymore with the exception of the other sha gemmed fist weapon that i would like. but more often than not i get either gold or shoulders from that boss that are worse than i already have. but its swings & roundabouts really, ive been lucky to have got 2 dps rings from galleon on both the occasions i have helped down it.

LFR is not for loot. I don't think it should give any loot, just more valor than it currently does and JPs. Put the effort in and join a normal MSV PuG, to actually use some skill and be rewarded with loot. If LFR is your top end activity, why do you need the loot? To do more LFR?

Motivation.. pff! How about you motivate yourself to run a raid, instead of wasting time in LFR? You probably spend 3-4 hours a week in LFR including the queue time. If you and your friends put some effort in, you will easily clear MSV in that time. You have no skilled and willing friends? Find some, join a guild... it's an MMORPG ffs.
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2013-02-04 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    LFR is not for loot. I don't think it should give any loot, just more valor than it currently does and JPs. Put the effort in and join a normal MSV PuG, to actually use some skill and be rewarded with loot.
    You only have to look at the success of LFR since its introduction that many players, for whatever reason, simply do not want the hassle of running normal raids.

meh it really doesnt effect me i actually find it an alternate way for me to farm up my valor for trying to get 6k...6k...seriously too much that 1 quest alone will burn me out.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Gave up on gearing my alt because wasn't seeing drops in LFR and doing the dailies on it didn't feel very appealing. Now I have no raiding alt at all :/ My main thank god hasn't needed anything from LFR pretty much the whole time.
    Seems a lot of this about. People got past gearing their mains, too much work for alts -> now they're quitting game. Not me, but I know a few and it has been asking me a lot of late why I play.