Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    Anyone else think of the scene from The League of Gentlemen? 'Richard I, I, I'.
    Nope, All I can think about is the very first episode of Blackadder with Richard the thirds ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Nope, All I can think about is the very first episode of Blackadder with Richard the thirds ghost.
    Peter Cook played a brilliantly funny Richard III in that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    A bloody historical time AND a historical bloody time

Probably not as bad as the Civil War though.
    Which one? Plenty to choose from.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 12:14 PM ----------

Which one? Plenty to choose from.
    1642-51, King Charles I/ Charles II vs. the Parliamentarians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    1642-51, King Charles I/ Charles II vs. the Parliamentarians.
    First proper war with firearms and artillery I think, even if they were very primitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we stay on topic, please

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    Still yet I wonder; What is the significance of him being buried under a car park? Was it intentional? Was he put there by his enemies? Did they tell him he'd sleep under the the dripping oil of a Renault? WHO COULD HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN??
    Not sure if serious.... ¬.¬ hmmmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Not sure if serious.... ¬.¬ hmmmmm
    Of course he is not serious. Renaults are French, at the time we were at war with them, we would never have brought their cars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Richard Plantagenet (aka Richard III) was a great king (do not listen to the Tudor propaganda). It is good that he has been discoverd, now he can be interred with honour.
    Richard Plantagenet, aka Richard I, AKA the Lionheart was a murdering bastard. However I do believe we are talking Richard III here. You seem to have mixed up your Richards.

Of course he is not serious. Renaults are French, at the time we were at war with them, we would never have brought their cars.
    Henry Tudor spent a good few years in Brittany (Brétagne) before crossing back over to England to take the throne that he had a very, very marginal claim to (from the illegitimate son of a daughter or something like that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Richard Plantagenet, aka Richard I, AKA the Lionheart was a murdering bastard. However I do believe we are talking Richard III here. You seem to have mixed up your Richards.
    Ah yes, so i have, allow me to amend it. All kings were murdering bastards in those days.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Ah yes, so i have, allow me to amend it. All kings were murdering bastards in those days.
    Not ALL, some were too busy being murdered to do much murdering themselves.

Of course, Richard I "the Lionheart" did lead part of the Crusades, so technically he did do a lot of killing.

Cool part of British history right here. Odd noone in the thread has made a Shakespeare reference yet. That is really where alot of us Americans will recognize this guys name from.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Cool part of British history right here. Odd noone in the thread has made a Shakespeare reference yet. That is really where alot of us Americans will recognize this guys name from.
    You mean that play written to please Queen Elizabeth I, whose immediate ancestors invented a lot of the stories that maligned Richard III and labelled him a traitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Most Brits are aware that he was villainised unfairly, There was no evidence that he committed those atrocities at all.

Well about to go read up on Richard III never heard of him till now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Well about to go read up on Richard III never heard of him till now...
    Not read Shakespeare? It is amongst his most famous works.

Not read Shakespeare? It is amongst his most famous works.
    I've read a few Skakespeare plays. My high school only required one each year. So I only know Romeo and Juliet, Midnight Summer Dream, Othello, and Hamlet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I've read a few Skakespeare plays. My high school only required one each year. So I only know Romeo and Juliet, Midnight Summer Dream, Othello, and Hamlet.
    Then you should at least watch the Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y5J4zZeVFw