Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What herb are you buying for less than 40g a stack for the best ink milling? I know the shrooms give the most ink but they also tend to cost more than 70g a stack on my server due to the spawn nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What herb are you buying for less than 40g a stack for the best ink milling? I know the shrooms give the most ink but they also tend to cost more than 70g a stack on my server due to the spawn nerf.
    Green tea leaf is the only thing I ever mill. I sometimes find silkweed for ~35g/stack also but i buy that all up and resell it during the week for double that when the supply dries up on it. Snow lily and fool's cap are too expensive on my server. I cant even find green tea below 40g until the weekend when all the botters post everything at once.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herbs are never that low on my server

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just took a quick look on my realm and it seems that Green Tea Leaf is going for about 30g a stack and even Fool's Cap is sitting at 40g a stack. I might just give this a shot and see what I can make out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Saw this on a forum, its not exploiting, its about buying herbs cheap as you can, mass making inks, and making BOp shoulders and vendoring them, to use gold to buy more herbs to keep milling for starlight ink to make mass cards. This works more if your a multiboxer or have a bunch of scribes, was used in earlu launch of MOP but if your realm still sells the cards, here is an easier way or possibly free way to make DMC's

TL;DR: Buy cheap herbs. Craft BoP shoulder enchants. Vendor them all.

I just got 1575 gold and 229 Starlight Inks for free with some milling.

I had 3000g on each 4 scribe (12000g in total), and I spent that gold for cheap MoP herbs (max. 1g60s a stack)
    Milled all those herbs, and used all the Inks of Dream for crafting 724x Secret Crane Wing Inscription, which vendor price is huge 18g 75s.

So I had 12000g to spend, and after vendoring I got 13575g and 229 Starlight Inks in my bags.
    If you are mass-producing Darkmoon cards like I am, then you're going to simply love this, but only if you can obtain herbs for cheap price.

I'm crafting 13 cards daily with no cost, actually earning a bit while doing this thing.
    You are crafting 13 cards a day? But didn't it use a BoP reagent? So you have 13 characters or what? It sounds like you're using the WotLK en Cata strategy but it does not work anymore. You cannot grind the cards anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Good luck with sustaining this. Basic economics 101 dictate that you will soon see the price of herbs rising because you have just created an infinite demand for them. The more people that try doing this, the quicker the price of the herbs will increase to the point where you no longer make a profit.
    The trick with sharing a business secret is only share it when for you it is irrelevant. Also, we're not all competing, because we're not all playing on the same server. It is also not new that you can shuffle and such. My problem is rather: its a lot of effort, and you cannot play the DMC game by grind anymore due to SoH BoP reagent.

All herbs except for fool's cap mill at 2-3 shadow pigment and 1-3 misty at 25% chance. That means the average stack of herbs will give you

2.5*4 = 10 Shadow Pigment
    2*.25*4 = 2 Misty Pigment

So each stack of herbs will give you 5 Ink of Dreams and 1 Starlight Ink.

Now the shoulder enchant sells to vendor for 18.75 gold and takes 3 Ink of Dreams to create. That means the average herb stack will give you 5/3 = 1.667 Shoulder enchants or 31.25 gold.

So, if you can buy herbs at 31.25 gold per stack you will break even on the Ink of Dreams and the single Starlight Ink will be pure profit, whatever is on your server.

Anything under 31.25 gold per stack you will make money on the Ink of Dreams as well as the pure profit from Starlight Ink.

On my server green tea leaf averages anywhere from 1.7Gper to 2+Gper. Starlight Ink sells for roughly 40G. So I will buy Ink when it is 1.8Gper or lower which is 36G and shuffle for a profit of roughly 35G per stack. So you basically double your money depending on supply and demand. The only downside is the huge time commitment to do this, and as such I will just build up a huge stockpile of herbs and when I am watching TV or a movie or something with the wife I will just mill herbs on the laptop. Something mindless to do that requires no real input. (get a destoryer addon so all you have to do is click a button.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You are crafting 13 cards a day? But didn't it use a BoP reagent? So you have 13 characters or what? It sounds like you're using the WotLK en Cata strategy but it does not work anymore. You cannot grind the cards anymore.
    What's more likely, and the strategy I've seen on my server, is that people simply ask others for their cooldown for between 100-150g while supplying the inks. That way you get your cards made for about what you spend on getting the cooldown. Since the profit on the completed decks is far above what it costs to make a card, the profit margin of this trick goes up even further. Only problem is that you will get lots and lots of trinkets that you will need to sell. With more then one person doing this, you WILL drive down the prices of the trinkets, and possibly over saturate the market. You'll almost certainly get stuck with more tank trinkets then you know what to do with at least

ive never seen a mop herb as low as 1g in that server. especially in a stack. the lowest in Sarg is 40g each for green tea leaves.. 60g for all others.. how exactly did u get 1g for a stack of 20 green tea leaves?

Deleted
    Huh this will come in handy.....the stacks for green tea leaf on my server go for @ 24-26 gold. Lately, no herbs go for more than 35 gold a stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 stacks tea leaf bought for 21g each milled I made 6 lesser shoulder enchants that sell for 40g one DMF card selling for 700g 20 shoulder enchants sold for 18.5g each and 8 glyphs selling (not sold) at 45g each thats 1.5k gold (potential) from 421 and it took me so far 16 minutes, i quite like it. Unfortunately stacks of herbs are rising already :P I already recouped 330g from the shoulder enchants so its pretty much a certain profit , all I was doing was watching postman pat with the kids anyway

This is a case of 'Once you tell people about it you can no longer do it because everyone is trying to do it', On my server there are either no herbs to be bought on AH or they are well over the point where you could pull any kind of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    ive never seen a mop herb as low as 1g in that server. especially in a stack. the lowest in Sarg is 40g each for green tea leaves.. 60g for all others.. how exactly did u get 1g for a stack of 20 green tea leaves?
    as he explained a couple posts down, he meant 1.6g per herb so 32g per stack

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    The trick with sharing a business secret is only share it when for you it is irrelevant. Also, we're not all competing, because we're not all playing on the same server. It is also not new that you can shuffle and such. My problem is rather: its a lot of effort, and you cannot play the DMC game by grind anymore due to SoH BoP reagent.
    You sure can grind out cards if you have the toons for it. And since you only need to be level 80 to get to 600 it's really not that hard to do. I'm at 4 scribes and could easily make a couple more but I've gotten pretty lazy and can't be bothered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    You sure can grind out cards if you have the toons for it. And since you only need to be level 80 to get to 600 it's really not that hard to do. I'm at 4 scribes and could easily make a couple more but I've gotten pretty lazy and can't be bothered.
    Lot of work with the relogging and all. Like you said "pretty lazy and can't be bothered". Because "Create All" is a one time thing and then you go AFK whereas this type of grinding requires constant action such as relogging. Shuffling with macros is a middle ground: it requires you to use the computer, and be in WoW, put only to do 1 keypress.

We can assume the price of gold on the black market being approx 1 EUR for 1k, so 6k per hour is approx 6 EUR/hour (3k per half hour was mentioned here). Not sure about you but that's under the minimum wage here, and I imagine the boredom which comes with the making of the gold is also quite similar to such work.

Interested in how much 4 characters would earn per hour, btw.

I don't even see herbs that sell for that much in singles, let alone stacks. You must be on some crazy backwater server. Or lying, most like the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I don't even see herbs that sell for that much in singles, let alone stacks. You must be on some crazy backwater server. Or lying, most like the latter.
    Is it really that hard for people to figure out that he means single stack prices, not a full stack of 20? Use common sense

Quote Originally Posted by BossHarp View Post
    Is it really that hard for people to figure out that he means single stack prices, not a full stack of 20? Use common sense
    This

Also, people can't just take a snapshot of the AH one day and say "That's how much herbs cost on my server". Right now on my server, all herbs (apart from fool's cap) are down to 1g or less per herb thanks to the weekend farmers/bots. Come Monday, they'll be be up around 1.7g-2.0g

Supply and demand. On the weekends, there's a lot more supply....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    What's more likely, and the strategy I've seen on my server, is that people simply ask others for their cooldown for between 100-150g while supplying the inks. That way you get your cards made for about what you spend on getting the cooldown. Since the profit on the completed decks is far above what it costs to make a card, the profit margin of this trick goes up even further. Only problem is that you will get lots and lots of trinkets that you will need to sell. With more then one person doing this, you WILL drive down the prices of the trinkets, and possibly over saturate the market. You'll almost certainly get stuck with more tank trinkets then you know what to do with at least
    This! I buy scribe cd's at 200g a cd, and I routinely have around 30 completed decks per fair. The part about supply and demand is that you can essentially offer these trinkets at whatever price you want. By using the starlight ink as pure profit (after vendoring the common inks as shoulder enchants) the price you get for the trinket is pure profit. Now, obviously you want to sell at higher prices, but I don't mind selling a tank trinket at a little under value if I actually get the sale. 4k sold (with server average being around 5.5k) is better than an unused trinket sitting in the bank.

I know I am one of three people on the server who does this to the extent I do. (I am sure there are others who don't complete as many decks, but still use this strategy.) The "king scribe" on my server has 11 scribes (yes, every toon on his account is a scribe) and he buys cds at the same price I do. In January's fair, he completed 83 decks, and sold every trinket but one before February's fair rolled around. Since MOP hit he has made over 3 million gold using this strategy. It is effective, it works, it just takes time and luck to get the herbs at the best price.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    .....and only works on less than 10% of servers

Deleted
    Made bout 15k gold with that trick. Buying the herbs during day with my iPhone App (Bulk buy is nice there) and then auto mill it with AutoKeyPress. The creating of the inks is also only one click (Create all).

So I can do the ironing, cooking, cleaning whatsoever during making money.